ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA upholds all penalties against Louisville

DukeRulesBasketball

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2015
2013 Banner coming down, 2 final fours, and 123 wins gone, but UNC got nothing! SMH!

Last edited:
I feel for Louisville I really do! They have a great fanbase from what I have experienced. When Duke comes to Louisville I make my way to the Yum center and their fans are nothing but cordial to me, very welcoming and love to have a GOOD mature conversation regarding hoops.

wow....they lost all that for some hookers...wow........now does the elite 8 loss for Duke go away?

There is definitely no way know for sure, but I liked how we matched up with Wichita St and Michigan. Louisville wasn't a great match-up with their guard play.

Reactions: Louisville JD
There is definitely no way know for sure, but I liked how we matched up with Wichita St and Michigan. Louisville wasn't a great match-up with their guard play.
Duke had beaten Louisville earlier that season, but Louisville was without Gorgi Dieng though.

Got all my unc buddies pissed , told them we're hanging a 13 banner, it works for them.

It has to be more credible than a Helms.

xjdQZZG.jpg

OFC

I can't help but wonder how good that 2013 team would have been had Ryan Kelly stayed healthy throughout the season. We were 15-0 when Kelly went down... He came back on fire his first couple games, but he struggled with his shot, understandably so, during the ACCT and NCAA Tournament. He shot below 30% from the field during those 5 games. We weren't a very deep team to begin with; I mean, the first two guys we were bringing off the bench were Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston. Losing Kelly was a huge blow to our national title aspirations.

Reactions: pisgah101
2013 squad was 1 seed going into ACCT but showed up not ready to play in Qtrs and lost. We got 2 seed and the draw killed us. I attended FF in Atlanta watching three teams Duke was clearly better than.

Reactions: pisgah101
If we beat Louisville in 13 do we go on to win it? I think it's very believable. Thoughts....
I don’t know if we would’ve went on to win the championship in 13 if we had beaten Louisville but I’ve always thought that we would’ve beaten Louisville if Kevin Ware hadn’t suffered that nasty injury because after he got hurt I said well we’re going to lose this game because I knew his teammates were going to be determined to win for him

Truthfully there is no way to know whether or not Duke cuts the nets without Louisville in the mix because the teams would have been reseeded, different matchups etc. I enjoyed the 2012-2013 Duke team, I was star struck when I met Mrs. Curry prior to the Duke and MSU Sweet 16 game.

Michigan had a pretty solid team in 2013, though. Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway, Nik Stauskas, Glenn Robinson, Mitch McGary. That was a legit starting 5.... Would have been a great game, IMO.

Truthfully there is no way to know whether or not Duke cuts the nets without Louisville in the mix because the teams would have been reseeded, different matchups etc. I enjoyed the 2012-2013 Duke team, I was star struck when I met Mrs. Curry prior to the Duke and MSU Sweet 16 game.

True, I also think that the broken leg incident, really shook our guys. Hell it shook me. I think without that happening we have a better chance of winning that game and maybe the whole thing.

There are other teams I like more than Louisville, but after that if they would have been playing anyone other than Duke I would have been pulling for them. I think that team decided they needed to win it for Ware and that´s what they did.

Guy I work with said that he read Ware said somewhere maybe twitter that there was no way he was giving up his ring and I don´t blame him.

I don’t know if we would’ve went on to win the championship in 13 if we had beaten Louisville but I’ve always thought that we would’ve beaten Louisville if Kevin Ware hadn’t suffered that nasty injury because after he got hurt I said well we’re going to lose this game because I knew his teammates were going to be determined to win for him

Just visiting and I come in peace, but Kevin Ware was UofL's best defender on ball at 6'4" the last month of the season. He was terrific. UofL was extremely deep at all positions and really had no weakness that year.
Funny my sons and I talk about 2014 tourney Being "a what if we hadn't been seeded with Uk in the sweet 16"like you all are talking about 2013. Really UConn winning that title. Cards beat them 3 times by average of 23 points that year. All about the tourney seedings for every team.
Now tomorrow night it's your HOF coach vs. the youngest P5 coach. Enjoy the game

Reactions: MyDudeG
Just visiting and I come in peace, but Kevin Ware was UofL's best defender on ball at 6'4" the last month of the season. He was terrific. UofL was extremely deep at all positions and really had no weakness that year.
Funny my sons and I talk about 2014 tourney Being "a what if we hadn't been seeded with Uk in the sweet 16"like you all are talking about 2013. Really UConn winning that title. Cards beat them 3 times by average of 23 points that year. All about the tourney seedings for every team.
Now tomorrow night it's your HOF coach vs. the youngest P5 coach. Enjoy the game

I felt awful for ware. That's the difference in us and uk fans. I've seen them cheer when players get hurt, or wish death on people. I hate what U of L has going on because living in ky, u of L fans have been much more cordial to me than the mildcat folks. I also hate it because like I said earlier, I hate anything that brings uk pleasure. Now, don't worry about the game, 10 losses isn't so bad!!

Reactions: FrenchDevil
I felt awful for ware. That's the difference in us and uk fans. I've seen them cheer when players get hurt, or wish death on people. I hate what U of L has going on because living in ky, u of L fans have been much more cordial to me than the mildcat folks. I also hate it because like I said earlier, I hate anything that brings uk pleasure. Now, don't worry about the game, 10 losses isn't so bad!!
Same here. Couldn’t have said it better. The majority of U.K. fans are horrible and obnoxious!

Spot on

Why did they kick Ware to the curb the next year? Was his injury too messed up to get back to his game? Think he went to a small school somewhere after that?

I believe Ware and Ryan Harrow (former NC State & Kentucky Player) both led Georgia State to the NCAA tournament in 2014 or 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT