ADVERTISEMENT

NBA starts tonight!

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
It sucks we won’t see Zion for 6-8 weeks, but what are you guys (that follow the NBA) looking forward to seeing this season? Also, make some predictions (if you want).

I’m a huge Laker fan (before Bron ask @denniden). It’s NBA Finals or bust!

Reactions: jwill133
I'm more than intrigued by the Lakers. Pelicans too of course but Zion's injury has been one helluva buzzkill.

Really looking forward to a study diet of Inside the NBA, the best show of its kind by a WIDE margin. Charles Barkley remains the crown jewel of course.

I wish they could find a way to work in a few appearances for Stephen Jackson, who is pure gold himself.

I'm more than intrigued by the Lakers. Pelicans too of course but Zion's injury has been one helluva buzzkill.

Really looking forward to a study diet of Inside the NBA, the best show of its kind by a WIDE margin. Charles Barkley remains the crown jewel of course.

I wish they could find a way to work in a few appearances for Stephen Jackson, who is pure gold himself.

Agreed. Yes, I’m also intrigued by the Duke Pelicans this season along with the Atlanta Hawks!

Mannn am I excited for tonight. Zion is a bummer, but Pelicans and Lakers playing on the first night? This is better than Christmas.

I envision the Lakers winning the next 2 titles, followed by the Pelicans winning 8 in a row after that...sounds about right.

Reactions: Quavarius
Hornets should be good, win 10 games?

NYK will be atrocious.

No one is talking about Kyrie, interested to see if he shines.

You know, I think Kyrie has a lot to prove but I do think they’ll be better when Durant comes back (shocker).

As a hornets fan, I’m looking forward to us finally embracing the tank and securing a good draft pick.

The thing about the Hornets is they don't need to tank it. Each win will be an upset. They without will have the most lottery balls. In the past they have pretty much blown the lottery picks they've had. Sounds like to me they have an ownership/general manager/talent scout/ player developement problem. I live in NC and wish I could pull for them but they have too much unc cheater u influence and I see no change in the future with that. OFC

Per Steve Kerr (just now)

Klay Thompson unlikely to play at all this season.

The thing about the Hornets is they don't need to tank it. Each win will be an upset. They without will have the most lottery balls. In the past they have pretty much blown the lottery picks they've had. Sounds like to me they have an ownership/general manager/talent scout/ player developement problem. I live in NC and wish I could pull for them but they have too much unc cheater u influence and I see no change in the future with that. OFC
I think I you’re wrong there. If they play all their young guys like they should, then yes, most victories would be an upset. But when the brilliant mind that is Mitch Cupcheck won’t even admit that it’s a rebuilding year, the threat of playing the older guys is present. And there’s enough talent there to win a few games that they really shouldn’t and lessen the odds.

I think I you’re wrong there. If they play all their young guys like they should, then yes, most victories would be an upset. But when the brilliant mind that is Mitch Cupcheck won’t even admit that it’s a rebuilding year, the threat of playing the older guys is present. And there’s enough talent there to win a few games that they really shouldn’t and lessen the odds.
With the new lottery odds, there isn't as much an incentive to be the worst team as compared to previously. Think the worst team used to get a 24% chance for the top pick, the worst now gets a 16% chance. The Pelicans just won the lottery and had the 7th worst odds.

As a Hornets fan, I'm assuming you have to be worried that they are gonna go after Cole Anthony with a top 5 pick, it's gotta happen right???

With the new lottery odds, there isn't as much an incentive to be the worst team as compared to previously. Think the worst team used to get a 24% chance for the top pick, the worst now gets a 16% chance. The Pelicans just won the lottery and had the 7th worst odds.

As a Hornets fan, I'm assuming you have to be worried that they are gonna go after Cole Anthony with a top 5 pick, it's gotta happen right???
Not really, if he balls out in college, wouldn’t mind having him. Depends on how Rozier looks. Some UNx players I really don’t want, but others don’t do much to dissuade me from theM. We’ll have to see, too early right now.

It sucks we won’t see Zion for 6-8 weeks, but what are you guys (that follow the NBA) looking forward to seeing this season? Also, make some predictions (if you want).

I’m a huge Laker fan (before Bron ask @denniden). It’s NBA Finals or bust!
I will vouch for that . A very committed and knowledgeable Laker fan as well.

I am looking forward to the development of Jayson Tatum. I think he becomes an all around star this year. His defense has been really impressed me so far in the preseason. I am also looking forward to seeing Boston get back to team oriented basketball. That seemed to go away last year and with Kyrie healthy. Which was not all his fault. The front office had a lot to do with that. (see Marcus Morris' comments recently on that as a bit of proof) Often times they put the greater good ahead of the team to appease Kyrie's emotions/moods. Which is not uncommon when dealing with a star.

I am also looking forward to seeing the progression of Robert Williams. Big man with a lot of skills. Those that don't know him yet or were under a rock during the last NCAA tournament, watch Carsen Edwards play. He is going to be a factor for the Celtics this year.

Around the league on thing I am really looking forward to watching Leonard and George play together in LA. Two of my favorite non Celtic players and two of the toughest two way players in the league.

Not really, if he balls out in college, wouldn’t mind having him. Depends on how Rozier looks. Some UNx players I really don’t want, but others don’t do much to dissuade me from theM. We’ll have to see, too early right now.
You are going to like Rozier.

This is shaping up to be a great season. There seems to be significantly more parody across the board. Last year it took injuries to make it interesting - if GSW stay healthy, no one else had a chance. It will be a lot of fun to see how all these newly formed stud twosomes shake out on the floor.

Agreed. Yes, I’m also intrigued by the Duke Pelicans this season along with the Atlanta Hawks!

1) Q, I would also throw in Sacramento as an intriguing young team to watch on the up and up

2) Interested to see the rise of the 3rd year guys, Tatum, Mitchell, Simmons, Fox, and Ball I expect all of their games to rise to another level this season

3) Also, I think Ingram and Carter Jr. have great seasons. I think Ingram will have an even better season this year than he had last year. The KD comparisons will look more accurate

4) The battles in the western conference. Phoenix, Memphis, and Minnesota will be the only “easy games” in the western conference

5) R.J. Barrett and DeAndre Hunter to play real well and give Zion and Morant a run for the Rookie of the Year award

1) Q, I would also throw in Sacramento as an intriguing young team to watch on the up and up

2) Interested to see the rise of the 3rd year guys, Tatum, Mitchell, Simmons, Fox, and Ball I expect all of their games to rise to another level this season

3) Also, I think Ingram and Carter Jr. have great seasons. I think Ingram will have an even better season this year than he had last year. The KD comparisons will look more accurate

4) The battles in the western conference. Phoenix, Memphis, and Minnesota will be the only “easy games” in the western conference

5) R.J. Barrett and DeAndre Hunter to play real well and give Zion and Morant a run for the Rookie of the Year award

I agree with all 5 points

Reactions: Liftee
The Clippers are my favorite for the title heading into the season (depending on the health of Paul George of course). I think that they have the better supporting pieces compared to the Lakers. I’m a big Lebron fan though so definitely hoping to be wrong on that.

Reactions: Quavarius
I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited for a NBA season. KD on the Warriors was a big buzzkill the last few season. There’s a bunch of realistic contenders this season so I can’t wait to see it play out!

As a hornets fan, I’m looking forward to us finally embracing the tank and securing a good draft pick.
I’m with you with tanking the only problem, The hornets bad contracts they won’t be at max available money until 2021 when Batum,Zeller and MKG come off the books.

I’m a big hornets fan as well and I hope we go after Wiseman although I’m sure Jordan will find a way to draft Anthony and strap is down with Roziers contract that should have never been given.

Pelican Duke players without Zion shoot 20-37 for 55 points. Rest of team shoots 23-65. With Zion they win this game handily. Too bad it will be awhile til we see the Duke players in full force.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Patrick Beverly is that guy everyone hates to play against but would love for him to be their teamate. The Clippers D with him Kahwi, and George on the floor is going to be ridiculous.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Duke boys balling tonight
Justise-27pts, 7reb, 7ast
Tyus-15pts, 7ast
Kyrie-50pts, 8reb, 7ast
Luke kennard-30pts
Tatum-21pts, 10reb
Wendell-12pts, 9reb
Seth curry-9pts in 9 minutes so far
Rj-19pts so far
Still have Marvin, Rodney and Gary left who just started games. I believe Harry is out with knee soreness i believe.

Can’t be mad at the hornets, they played who they were supposed to. They did everything right (for the most part) and still won. Don’t think it’s indicative of success to come, however. They shot 52% from 3 and only won by 1 point. I guess we’re adding the bulls to the tank mix.

If anyone can find a gif of it, Mason Plumlee just blocked the #%#% out of a Black Falcon layup in the Nuggets/Kings game with about 1:10 left in the 3rd qtr.

I think RJ is gonna win Rookie of the Year.
He looks like he has been in the league for 7 years.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT