ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Lottery

Hope Memphis chooses Morant so Knicks can get RJ.
Maybe AD stays to play w Zion.

They just showed the top 14 prospects on the ticker. Something must be wrong with it or whoever created the list needs to be drug tested because I didn’t see Little or Maye anywhere on it.

I agree. Someone outside the lottery are going to get two of the top 50 NBA players of all time
OFC

Reactions: FearTheBeard
New Orleans in the driver's seat. Drafting Zion could keep Davis a pelican or if they do make a trade they could clean out a team. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
I’m really excited for NO...not a team I root for certainly but with the Davis crap and everyone talking about who got Zion to trade to them.

Zion, Davis and Holiday would be fun...if they trade Zion I hoped they get a better package then Knox and Smith but playing with Barrett would be cool

Trade Davis for 4th pick and another player and hope Barrett is there

AD gets traded to Boston or LA and Zion gets to play with Ingram or Tatum. Personally i would love that. Probably would be my favorite team in nba

How is a Pelican a mascot? Least intimidating mascot in the league.

The pelicans are in such good shape now. So many options. They’ve gotta be thrilled. Thought they were gonna have to trade AD to get that pick now they get it and still get to trade him for more young talent. Very interested to see who they get

Just really hope they don’t trade for Knox and Smith. Two high volume shooters who don’t offer anything else.

They will try to keep David but I think it’s a lost cause. IMO the best offer might be from the clippers. Shamet as a good shooter...Alexander is a promising PG for Zion. Miami’s future 1st. Not sure what else though

As close as those two are, how awesome would that be, two alphas that know how to play together.

I’m not a huge NBA fan and usually only watch if it’s game 7 of the finals with less than 2 mins and one team is up by one or less. But I WILL have a NOLA Zion Jersey ASAP.

Zion claimed in the interview that he was still feeling nervous, but his body language said it all for me. He was excited before the lottery... that excitement quickly turned into disappointment. Can't blame him, I don't think many kids dream of playing for the Pelicans.

Reactions: dbav
I don’t see why not

It seems like the correct choice but seeing them play together at Duke has to raise concerns with all the heavy ISO ball and given the fact that Z seemed to defer to RJ. He’s too special for that in the NBA. I’m not saying they were bad teammates at Duke, but I’m not sure if they compliment each other efficiently.

It seems like the correct choice but seeing them play together at Duke has to raise concerns with all the heavy ISO ball and given the fact that Z seemed to defer to RJ. He’s too special for that in the NBA. I’m not saying they were bad teammates at Duke, but I’m not sure if they compliment each other efficiently.

In their first year in college, maybe not. And they were still pretty damn good. An Elite Eight isn’t exactly a red flag.

With pro coaching, facilities, spread floors, etc., plus no championship aspirations off the bat, they’d be phenomenal together.

Zion should pull an Eli Manning and demand a trade.

Must say Zion, at 18 yrs old, held his composure when the lousy Pelicans got the 1st pick. Heck I'm 45 and threw a lacrosse glove across the room after that crap franchise landed our guy.

Hornets are selling Luke Maye jerseys on their website this morning, guess he's their pick at #12.

Zion claimed in the interview that he was still feeling nervous, but his body language said it all for me. He was excited before the lottery... that excitement quickly turned into disappointment. Can't blame him, I don't think many kids dream of playing for the Pelicans.

Life is tough sometimes...bet he won't be dissapointed to sign that huge check he will get from the pelicans

Life is tough sometimes...bet he won't be dissapointed to sign that huge check he will get from the pelicans
Yeah if the worst thing happens to him is getting drafted by the Pelicans, then he is doing a lot better than most. Could be the guy that turns that organization into something.

In their first year in college, maybe not. And they were still pretty damn good. An Elite Eight isn’t exactly a red flag.

With pro coaching, facilities, spread floors, etc., plus no championship aspirations off the bat, they’d be phenomenal together.

There’s a difference between them carrying a college program to an E8 and a NBA team to the playoffs. What I’m noting is that they individually contributed to Duke’s success, they didn’t do it collectively.

RJ isn’t good enough (yet) to be an ISO guy in the NBA and Zion as talented as he is, I don’t think he’ll lay down a historic rookie season. He’s excellent in the paint, but having him down there also clogs the lane - he won’t be an efficient wing player from behind the arc or driving to the basket. Inconsistent shot / weak handles. I’m not attempting at all to take a stab at him. He is frickin’ terrific but playing with another key guy who needs a clear lane to attack takes away from him. If he has to play out on the perimeter, he won’t live up to the hype.

agree, kid bout to get paid....play out that rookie contract and then go where you like...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT