ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Lottery

New Orleans to hire Trajan Langdon as the new GM? Sounds like Duke will be a pipeline for the Pelicans - kind of like UNC is for the Bobcats, except the Pelicans will actually be good.
Bobcats only have Marvin Williams on their roster from UNC. They’ve never drafted a UNC player.

Bobcats only have Marvin Williams on their roster from UNC. They’ve never drafted a UNC player.

You are mistaken. They drafted Raymond Felton and Sean May in 2005

Larry Brown came aboard as the coach in 2007. Buzz Peterson and Jeff McInnis were hired in the front office shortly after Brown's hire.

They drafted Brandan Wright in 2007 (subsequently traded to GS).

Then there's Brendan Haywood, Marvin Williams, PJ Hairston, Tyler Hansbrough, Isaiah Hicks, and Marcus Paige.

Mitch Kupchak became the President of Basketball Operations last year.

And of course the guy running the whole show spent some time at UNC... It's very UNC-centric over there.

Larry Brown came aboard as the coach in 2007. Buzz Peterson and Jeff McInnis were hired in the front office shortly after Brown's hire.

Then there's Brendan Haywood, Marvin Williams, PJ Hairston, Tyler Hansbrough, Isaiah Hicks, and Marcus Paige.

And of course the guy running the whole show spent some time at UNC... It's very UNC-centric over there.
Boom

Meant to say the hornets ( since regaining their name) and Felton and Wright were both under the bobcats. Never counted pj Hairston he was drafted second round and to the Gleague he went.Paige went 55 to the nets, to their gleague team to overseas and Hicks went undrafted to a two way contract with the knicks.

To be honest the hornets also had McRoberts( should have kept, Miles( just didn’t pan out), Henderson has an injury lead career.
And I know they hired Mitch. That’s why I wish Jordan would sale the team. He has no clue how to run the organization.

Hanflop was give his contract for depth needs but was cut and I’ve never seen Hicks wear a hornets jersey

Also Jordan was only an investor until he bought the team out right in 2010.

Last edited:
Meant to say the hornets ( since regaining their name) and Felton and Wright were both under the bobcats. Never counted pj Hairston he was drafted second round and to the Gleague he went.Paige went 55 to the nets, to their gleague team to overseas and Hicks went undrafted to a two way contract with the knicks.

To be honest the hornets also had McRoberts( should have kept, Miles( just didn’t pan out), Henderson has an injury lead career.
And I know they hired Mitch. That’s why I wish Jordan would sale the team. He has no clue how to run the organization.

Hanflop was give his contract for depth needs but was cut and I’ve never seen Hicks wear a hornets jersey

Also Jordan was only an investor until he bought the team out right in 2010.

Hairston was a 1st rounder and spent two years in Charlotte. You might be referring to the time he spent in the G-League before he was drafted. He was suspended before the start of the 2013-2014 and opted to leave school early and play in the G League. But he got a full two years in Charlotte before they realized he was garbage. Hicks was on the Hornets preseason roster and didn't make the final cut. Obviously he wasn't a major contributor, but he was given a chance, and certainly the UNC connection didn't hurt... And MJ was a part owner of the Bobcats/Hornets way back in 2006, before he had controlling interest in 2010.

Reactions: PixelDevil
The George Shinn-era Hornets invested a lot in J.R. Reid and didn't get all that much return.

The old Carolina Cougars of the ABA went local a lot. Bob Verga and Mike Lewis from Duke, Larry Miller, Billy Cunningham, Dennis Wuycik and Bill Bunting from UNC, Van Williford from NCSU, Gene Littles, High Point, Ed Manning, NC A&T. And Bones McKinney or Larry Brown calling the shots.

Probably a few I've forgotten.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I saw that Carolina Cougars team play when I was in college, against believe it or not Julius Erving playing on the Virginia team (the Squires?). I wish I remembered more of that game. I didn't realize at the time that I'd be thinking about it 45 years later.

Hairston was a 1st rounder and spent two years in Charlotte. You might be referring to the time he spent in the G-League before he was drafted. He was suspended before the start of the 2013-2014 and opted to leave school early and play in the G League. But he got a full two years in Charlotte before they realized he was garbage. Hicks was on the Hornets preseason roster and didn't make the final cut. Obviously he wasn't a major contributor, but he was given a chance, and certainly the UNC connection didn't hurt... And MJ was a part owner of the Bobcats/Hornets way back in 2006, before he had controlling interest in 2010.
No he was an investor in both the wizards and bobcats in 2006 wasn’t a part owner.
Hicks received an invite to training camp as well as Paige. Paige was cut and hicks left for the two way deal with the knicks.
PJ Hairston spent his one year with Charlotte going between the then D-League and getting called up was traded to Memphis after the season.
I mean in all honesty when your team isn’t winning you atleast try to put fans in the seats and since NC where they all played ball fans would come to still see them because of their college choice.

Last edited:
No he was an investor in both the wizards and bobcats in 2006 wasn’t a part owner.
Hicks received an invite to training camp as well as Paige. Paige was cut and hicks left for the two way deal with the knicks.
PJ Hairston spent his one year with Charlotte going between the then D-League and getting called up was traded to Memphis after the season.
I mean in all honesty when your team isn’t winning you atleast try to put fans in the seats and since NC where they all played ball fans would come to still see them because of their college choice.

Part Owner (2nd paragraph)
Part Owner (3rd paragraph)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT