ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Lottery

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
The most exciting event in sports is tomorrow night, the lottery! This is the most exciting lottery since 2003, because whoever lands the top pick will get the right to draft an actual alien.
https://www.nba.com/nba-draft-lottery-explainer
Odds to get top pick
NY-14%
Cleveland-14%
Phoenix-14%
Chicago-12.5%
Atlanta-10.5%
Washington-9 %
New Orleans- 6%
Memphis-6%
Dallas-6% pick goes to Atlanta if outside the top 3.
Minnesota-3%
LA Lakers-2%
Miami-1%
Sacramento-1%

I'd like to see Zion go to the Knicks or Cavs. Knicks because it would be the biggest story in sports and Cavs because they are my hometown team.
Where would people like to see him end up?

If the Knicks get Zion, the conspiracy theories will begin.
Cavs, at least he'll have a good coach.
Phoenix, let the Barclay comparisons begin.

I think Chicago would be a good fit. The city loves the Bulls.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
Hey, Jwill, what are your thoughts on the Cavs new head coach, Beilien?
I'm always skeptical of the college coach jumping to the pros. Example being Billy Donovan, top 3 college coach IMO and he's been average at best in the pros, I'm shocked he hasn't been fired yet honestly.

However, as far as a college coach goes, I think over the past 10 years Beilein did the most with the least amount of talent. Michigan never landed top recruits and they always seemed scary in March.
He better be prepared for A LOT of losing though, even if the Cavs land Zion.

Billy Donovan. 2 national championships, NBA contacts, relatively young. Perfect coach when Coach K retires.

I’m rooting like hell that the assosh does the right thing here and fixes this for the Knicks. Zion belongs in MSG. Him KD and Kyrie, must watch tv.

If that doesn’t happen i hope Cleveland wins the lottery bc Zion will come back to Duke.

#FreezeTheEnvelope

Hmmm billy was good. Should we get him when K retires? I know we’ve talked a little about it but haven’t had a thread... I feel this offseason we deserve one!
We need a “Who’s the next Duke coach,” and “What went wrong in 17-18 (were we better without Bagley),” and “Did the Holes cheat?” threads

Wolves. #HOWL

Zion and Towns would be so fun...

Wolves have never moved up in the draft, with all the times they've been in the lottery I saw the chances they'd never move up in all those chances was like 3%....this is our year!

C A V A L I E R S

0CB32778-B99E-4182-8718-660F4B6B7E4C.jpeg

Reactions: jwill133
Dallas would be crazy.. imagine how fun it would be to watch Zion, Luka, & Porzingis together..

Knicks would be great for Zion they put a couple All-Stars around him..

Reactions: skysdad
If the Knicks get Zion, the conspiracy theories will begin.
Cavs, at least he'll have a good coach.
Phoenix, let the Barclay comparisons begin.

I think Chicago would be a good fit. The city loves the Bulls.
If the Lakers land #1 then the real conspiracy theorist will come out.

Reactions: jojozbludevilz
Chicago, because The Bulls are my team and it’s only a 2.5 hour drive for me to go watch Z play at the United Center.

New York along with KD and Kyrie would be great.

Phoenix along with the young core of Booker and Ayton would also be awesome.

Reactions: jwill133
If Zion went to the Lakers with LeBron then he might also end up playing with Kyrie because a lot of people seem to think Kyrie will end up there. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Kyrie has already been in talks about joining LeBron and the Lakers.

If Zion went to the Lakers with LeBron then he might also end up playing with Kyrie because a lot of people seem to think Kyrie will end up there. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Kyrie has already been in talks about joining LeBron and the Lakers.
I think this is just a smoke screen for Irving headed to New York.

He better get with LeBron if he wants another title.. Cause he isn't leading his own team to one

Irving is headed to New York. why go to LA and him and LeBron couldn’t co exist in Cleveland.

The question is now do the knocks trade number one overall for AD or sign both Irving and Durant. Both Irving and Durant want max deals and already let it be known they aren’t taking a pay cut.
Another Knicks problem is they have to shed Dennis Smiths contract because him and Irving won’t co exist either.

Celtics are in place especially for AD given they could throw four potentially first round picks ( All this draft) towards a trade for Davis and or Keep two late first rounds this year and offer two early first rounds next year. Ainge is the man at keeping assets available for trade.

Irving is headed to New York. why go to LA and him and LeBron couldn’t co exist in Cleveland.

The question is now do the knocks trade number one overall for AD or sign both Irving and Durant. Both Irving and Durant want max deals and already let it be known they aren’t taking a pay cut.
Another Knicks problem is they have to shed Dennis Smiths contract because him and Irving won’t co exist either.

Celtics are in place especially for AD given they could throw four potentially first round picks ( All this draft) towards a trade for Davis and or Keep two late first rounds this year and offer two early first rounds next year. Ainge is the man at keeping assets available for trade.

I wouldnt give kyrie a max deal ..just no way

Reactions: hart2chesson
He better get with LeBron if he wants another title.. Cause he isn't leading his own team to one

Kyrie co-existed just fine until Dan Gilbert made one too many comments about trading blocks.

When Gilbert publicly stated his desire to acquire Paul George he essentially said everybody but Lebron was available. That was bad, but I think that could have been repaired.

Gilbert then followed it up by saying they wanted in the Carmelo sweepstakes and that, again, everybody but the King was tradable. It was shortly thereafter Kyrie said he wanted to go somewhere else and have his own team.

Dan Gilbert could mess up a one-car funeral and he showed it again with those stupid comments.

Kyrie co-existed just fine until Dan Gilbert made one too many comments about trading blocks.

When Gilbert publicly stated his desire to acquire Paul George he essentially said everybody but Lebron was available. That was bad, but I think that could have been repaired.

Gilbert then followed it up by saying they wanted in the Carmelo sweepstakes and that, again, everybody but the King was tradable. It was shortly thereafter Kyrie said he wanted to go somewhere else and have his own team.

Dan Gilbert could mess up a one-car funeral and he showed it again with those stupid comments.

Agree but just said kyrie couldn't win a title as the #1 option....his only hope is to ride LeBron coatails again or ride KD's in NY

Agree but just said kyrie couldn't win a title as the #1 option....his only hope is to ride LeBron coatails again or ride KD's in NY

I just can't understand thst line of thinking. You're talking about him riding Lebron's or KD's coattails but do you consider KD winning at Golden State as him riding Curry's coattails?

Kyrie heavily contributed to the title Cleveland won.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
I just can't understand thst line of thinking. You're talking about him riding Lebron's or KD's coattails but do you consider KD winning at Golden State as him riding Curry's coattails?

Didmt say he wasn't a part of it....but LeBron was the main attraction....kyrie was previews

And KD is better period

They don’t win the title without his 3 with 53 or so seconds left in game 7.

Didmt say he wasn't a part of it....but LeBron was the main attraction....kyrie was previews

And KD is better period

Kyrie played a hell of a series and knocked down big shots when they mattered.

I agree with you in saying KD is better but I don't see how one gets labeled a coattail rider and one doesn't. Durant was on a team with Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka but got smashed in the Finals. For all the praise he gets, if KD doesn't join Golden State he's basically Dominique Wilkins (an offensive juggernaut) with better teammates and equal, possibly even worse, results.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT