ADVERTISEMENT

More...

She's definitely different, maybe over the top with some of her remarks. But if we were all being honest, I think she's more chapped over the Bagley signing than anything else. That's the funny thing with some people. Put yourself in HER shoes on the signing matter, NOT from the Duke fan in you wanting the best talent. Most parents wouldn't have liked it either. Heck in this day and time, I'm not sure ANY parent would have liked that happening to their son.
She may have not handled it the best, and where her son got drafted probably didn't change. With or without Marvin, Wendell was probably a 5-10 pick. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Last edited:
She's definitely different, maybe over the top with some of her remarks. But if we were all being honest, I don't think there's anyone here that would have liked what happened when Bagley came no different than she did, if that was their kid, especially when you take into account when Marvin signed.
She may have not handled it the best, and where her son got drafted probably didn't change. With or without Marvin, Wendell was probably a 5-10 pick. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Hey if staff promised WC he was their MAN IN THE MIDDLE, thats staff's fault-totally agree....My problem is her STYLE of handling this in public, not mentioning it to K in the exit interview in PRIVATE, etc....She's clearly a publicity hound.

OFC

Reactions: jamsession3
Hey if staff promised WC he was their MAN IN THE MIDDLE, thats staff's fault-totally agree....My problem is her STYLE of handling this in public, not mentioning it to K in the exit interview in PRIVATE, etc....She's clearly a publicity hound.

OFC
I never said she doesn't have issues. But on the issue of the "focal point," I see where she's coming from.

I never said she doesn't have issues. But on the issue of the "focal point," I see where she's coming from.

Yes her style is way, WAY over the top, perhaps the Bulls can hire her as director of player personnel or something. However I will concur w/you on as you say "the focal point."

So far we've only heard the Carter's side of it, and maybe I've been too hard on Kylia Carter because the way she's taken to the media to hammer a man I truly admire in our own Coach K. Thats the Blue Devil pride in me I suppose.

However if K told Wendell you're my guy in the middle, my inside guy who the offense will run thru and then made Bagley "THE MAN," that is truly wrong. Hopefully we hear Coach K's side of this one day. Hopefully someone in the media will "man up," and ask him if he misled Wendell Carter in his recruiting process.

OFC

She sounds a lil' off with all the bass ackwards things she says. All over the map, good riddance.

Sportster I am right there w/you buddy in "good riddance" to her per the topsy turvy way she's handled things on the matter. Let the NBA have a dose of her....Do you think she's being honest, however in the recruiting pitch made to her son by Duke?

OFC

Obvious that she is an attention whore. Love’s all the attention that is being paid to her.

Haha, as stated in a 7 page thread, on a board that follows a team her son no longer plays for. :)

Sportster I am right there w/you buddy in "good riddance" to her per the topsy turvy way she's handled things on the matter. Let the NBA have a dose of her....Do you think she's being honest, however in the recruiting pitch made to her son by Duke?

OFC
Of course she is. That doesn’t mean things don’t change though. So in your previous post above, the staff and K weren’t “wrong” or “lying” to Carter and his family about being the man in the middle. At that time and the way it looked like the roster would be constructed that was the truth and Plan. Things change, adapt or perish. To Wendell’s credit he did adapt and flourished. It’s a bullshit take to insinuate that the staff or K was being sneaky or lying to the carters just to get Wendell with some grand scheme to just screw him later on for their benefit. And as fans, we should hope our staff is doing every single thing possible to give ourselves the absolute best chance to win.

Reactions: dukephysics
Of course she is. That doesn’t mean things don’t change though. So in your precious post above, the staff and K weren’t “wrong” or “lying” to Carter and his family about being the man in the middle. At that time and the way it looked like the roster would be constructed that was the truth and Plan. Things change, adapt or perish. To Wendell’s credit he did adapt and flourished. It’s a bullshit take to insinuate that the staff or K was being sneaky or lying to the carters just to get Wendell with some grand scheme to just screw him later on for their benefit. And as fans, we should hope our staff is doing every single thing possible to give ourselves the absolute best chance to win.

That's a mods PRO K POV, and the way you hope it trickles down to all the board members. C'mon man, if you had a son or daughter who was promised something by a recruiter and you committed (based on their word)you cant tell me you wouldnt feel jilted.

Hey I didnt even SAY IT WAS TRUE K promised WC he was going to be THE MAN. I made it conditional, because we havent heard his take. K is an honorable man, a man who I have looked up to just like Bill Foster and Vic Bubas, so don't come up at me w/your "bs take" reference to my comments. I think my question is quite plausible.You know just because you're a mod doesnt authorize you to tell us how we should act "as fans."

OFC

However if K told Wendell you're my guy in the middle, my inside guy who the offense will run thru and then made Bagley "THE MAN," that is truly wrong.
So you think if K told them that Wendell was going to be the man, a focal point (during his recruitment, looking at the current makeup of the upcoming team), that he then was obligated to not go after Bagley? Is that what you're saying hart?

So you think if K told them that Wendell was going to be the man, a focal point (during his recruitment, looking at the current makeup of the upcoming team), that he then was obligated to not go after Bagley? Is that what you're saying hart?

Never said that Tim. I do think however he was obligated to go back (keep in mind all of this is conditional- I havent heard K's side of the story) and tell the Carter family he was SERIOUSLY RECRUITING Bagley, and tell him how he planned to use Bagley. Based on what the Carters are saying that never happened. Thus and I am paraphrasing their comments, "It was shady," "rug pulled out from under us" etc....Thats my position as a lifelong Duke supporter. Thank you for asking the question.

OFC

Never said that Tim. I do think however he was obligated to go back (keep in mind all of this is conditional- I havent heard K's side of the story) and tell the Carter family he was SERIOUSLY RECRUITING Bagley, and tell him how he planned to use Bagley. Based on what the Carters are saying that never happened. Thus and I am paraphrasing their comments, "It was shady," "rug pulled out from under us" etc....Thats my position as a lifelong Duke supporter. Thank you for asking the question.

OFC
Fair enough. I can't imagine they didn't know about the recruitment but I guess it's fair to say K could've had a personal conversation with them.

Reactions: hart2chesson
That's a mods PRO K POV, and the way you hope it trickles down to all the board members. C'mon man, if you had a son or daughter who was promised something by a recruiter and you committed (based on their word)you cant tell me you wouldnt feel jilted.

Hey I didnt even SAY IT WAS TRUE K promised WC he was going to be THE MAN. I made it conditional, because we havent heard his take. K is an honorable man, a man who I have looked up to just like Bill Foster and Vic Bubas, so don't come up at me w/your "bs take" reference to my comments. I think my question is quite plausible.You know just because you're a mod doesnt authorize you to tell us how we should act "as fans."

OFC
You’re arguing two separate things and trying to use my comment on one thing by using another point. Yes they can be pissed or feel jilted to use your words. My point was pretty straightforward- to say that K wronged them in some way or was being shady is completely BS. They had recruited Carter for a couple years and in the summer of 2016 we thought he might pop for duke. We knew we had him then. Bagley wasn’t even on the radar for last years team so the suggestion or even consideration that K was that prophetic that he knew that not only would Bagley reclass but also go to duke is just not accurate.

Also have no clue what you’re talking about with your weird mod comment. Very bizarre man.

You’re arguing two separate things and trying to use my comment on one thing by using another point. Yes they can be pissed or feel jilted to use your words. My point was pretty straightforward- to say that K wronged them in some way or was being shady is completely BS. They had recruited Carter for a couple years and in the summer of 2016 we thought he might pop for duke. We knew we had him then. Bagley wasn’t even on the radar for last years team so the suggestion or even consideration that K was that prophetic that he knew that not only would Bagley reclass but also go to duke is just not accurate.

Also have no clue what you’re talking about with your weird mod comment. Very bizarre man.

Feel better now???? I am Soooo glad. Cool your jets a little buddy its just a message board, and you have my comments totally misconstrued.You stated how we as fans should react in your previous post, totally unwarranted and I simply took offense. Nothing so "bizarre" about it.

I NEVER said K even knew Bagley was even on the RADAR when he signed Carter.Heck what was it 8-10 months apart from Bagley?? All I am saying as I told a previous poster, (timritterus) was during Marvin's recruitment he should have spoken to the Carter family and Wendell in particular about how the team would be constructed differently. I think Wendell deserved that because he seriously considered opting for Harvard and Tommy Amaker. He has been quoted or thru his folks as saying he chose Duke because of basketball. Apparently as I have stated, it was a very tough decision, and he opted for the Devils because of the role he was promised.

I have never ACCUSED K of being sneaky, etc, shady, and I wont go there because I do not know his side of the story. The Carters do seem pretty steadfast in their argument, however and the entire issue is very fair game for debate.

OFC

Last edited:
cool-jets.jpg

Feel better now???? I am Soooo glad. Cool your jets a little buddy its just a message board, and you have my comments totally misconstrued.You stated how we as fans should react in your previous post, totally unwarranted and I simply took offense. Nothing so "bizarre" about it.

I NEVER said K even knew Bagley was even on the RADAR when he signed Carter.Heck what was it 8-10 months apart from Bagley?? All I am saying as I told a previous poster, (timritterus) was during Marvin's recruitment he should have spoken to the Carter family and Wendell in particular about how the team would be constructed differently. I think Wendell deserved that because he seriously considered opting for Harvard and Tommy Amaker. He has been quoted or thru his folks as saying he chose Duke because of basketball. Apparently as I have stated, it was a very tough decision, and he opted for the Devils because of the role he was promised.

I have never ACCUSED K of being sneaky, etc, shady, and I wont go there because I do not know his side of the story. The Carters do seem pretty steadfast in their argument, however and the entire issue is very fair game for debate.

OFC
So you are offended that i had the audacity to suggest as fans that our staff does everything possible to put our team we all pull for in the best possible situation to win?

And the bizzare part was this out of nowhere comment about being a mod, really weird how you think it means anything at all.

So you are offended that i had the audacity to suggest as fans that our staff does everything possible to put our team we all pull for in the best possible situation to win?

And the bizzare part was this out of nowhere comment about being a mod, really weird how you think it means anything at all.

Yeah I think the “mods sway our board’s opinion” thing needs to go. We don’t try, nor does our opinion make a bit of difference. We’re just Duke fans talking bar shop like everyone else.

Yeah I think the “mods sway our board’s opinion” thing needs to go. We don’t try, nor does our opinion make a bit of difference. We’re just Duke fans talking bar shop like everyone else.
You are correct that the mods are just Duke fans like the rest of us. But your title as mod does carry weight. Few will engage with you guys in a debate.

Reactions: hart2chesson

I just felt it was your way of getting everyone on the same page here. I agree with the statement but sometimes I get the feeling mods(and a certain few other posters) want things filtered in nothing but POSITIVE TERMS. No one walks on water, not even Coach K.

I love the man, but he does make mistakes, like all of us. Perhaps the Bagley recruitment handling in the wake of the Carter fallout was one of them. It certainly serves as a good talking point.

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
I'm going to ask again since this thread is still going on, but why are the people on this board so dismissive of Wendell's claim that his mother was misquoted in the article that started this latest outrage?

I have read some of the same posters who are relentlessly shitting on this woman quote conservative talking points. Those same people, however, are suddenly more inclined to call Wendell and his mother both liars rather that chalk this up as a case of fake news. Why is that?

I'm going to ask again since this thread is still going on, but why are the people on this board so dismissive of Wendell's claim that his mother was misquoted in the article that started this latest outrage?

I have read some of the same posters who are relentlessly shitting on this woman quote conservative talking points. Those same people, however, are suddenly more inclined to call Wendell and his mother both liars rather that chalk this up as a case of fake news. Why is that?
You can’t misquote but so much

I’m guessing anybody whining about our mods has never posted at other forums. Just a hunch.
Never visited any ....that I can remember anyways. Although I’m not complaining, but just thought I’d say that. I’m bored....

Last edited:
You are correct that the mods are just Duke fans like the rest of us. But your title as mod does carry weight. Few will engage with you guys in a debate.
I will! I’m not scared! Haha. Not that they pay a bit of mind to it though:) I’m really glad I’m not a mod.

I will! I’m not scared! Haha. Not that they pay a bit of mind to it though:) I’m really glad I’m not a mod.
I agree that they do a good job. They dish it out as well as take it. Makes for a fun board, I'll admit that.
I don't agree with a couple of them about a few things with the team, but that's ok too.

Last edited:
Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS

That’s a fair take. You can certainly take things out of context or not know the whole extent of the questions asked, nor if that was one line in a serious of quotes.

Well hopefully everyone including you and @IPSYCHOSIS feels that they can debate anything we say. I think we’ve proven that things like disagreements don’t get you banned. Flat out profanity and insanity though. That at least gets us to look at the ban link. ;)

Well hopefully everyone including you and @IPSYCHOSIS feels that they can debate anything we say. I think we’ve proven that things like disagreements don’t get you banned. Flat out profanity and insanity though. That at least gets us to look at the ban link. ;)

I don't feel as if I cannot challenge you on certain opinions. You and the other mods allow give and take, and I think thats a good thing. I think it would make for a pretty dull board if everybody was in lockstep agreement. I've watched Duke athletic teams (primarily football and basketball) some 50 years so naturally I expect disagreement on some of my views. I bring many opinions to the table, and naturally I expect negative feedback occassionally. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Peace....

OFC

Reactions: dukehokie
Its well known I'll debate, but if insanity does one in, it was nice knowing you guys.

Because his mom has done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt. I think most of those dismissing Wendell's claims that she was misquoted see a loyal son defending a (known) crazy mother.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT