ADVERTISEMENT

More...

Heheh, I don’t think you’re negative, more like a drippy faucet. I think you’ll adjust when the season kicks up, you’re that kind of poster, if they do great you’ll fire off that you never said they wouldn’t be great and when they play bad you’ll be here telling us what a genius you are every game thread , like a toothpick under a fingernail. Everybody here knows it. Hell, even you know it.
Honestly Show, all you are is fire and brimstone. You're nothing but a "fire the car up, gonna smoke the tires" kind of fan. No substance is ever brought to the table by you.
I'm a realist. When we are good, I'll say it. We have been the most talented team in the country the last two seasons. That and we lead the way with lottery picks. I was as bad as you this past season. I thought we were the best team. I was wrong.
But I am expecting Duke to be good this season. How good? Way too early to tell. Ask me mid January. I've been very consistent with my posting, and you know it.
Keep reaching.

Do you have fun every time you play golf? I don't, yet I love the heck out of that sport.
I like expectations too. But it isn't fun when you're the team with the highest expectation, and you don't get there.
I didn't expect Duke to lose 8 games this past season, and no one thought we would lose 2 out of 3 to our rival. I didn't either. Go back and read preseason last year and then check out game day thread after the Holes beat us. Tell me who had fun.

I changed diapers too. It was actually very enjoyable. At least when I took the diaper off, I knew what would be waiting on me.
We never knew what to expect out of this Duke team. Haven't in over 2 seasons.
Again, your fun and excitement are a direct result of your own ability to handle the expectations of yourself and the outside world (other fans, fan bases and the media). For the record that is fine. But we are going around in circles here. Other people enjoy the journey. That is fun for me. Otherwise i would be glad when a year is over bc it failed to meet my expectations. I’m sad when a season ends regardless bc it’s over and it’s an emptiness for the next six or so months. To a previous post, yes i enjoyed the PK80...quite a bit as a matter of fact. I loved the stones i thought Trent displayed and i thought there was something in the water up in Apple Valley. I loved MB35 turning into beast mode when he’s angry. I loved Grayson throwing down the hammer in the lane and his teammates coming over to celebrate with the captain. I loved the comebacks. I loved the resolve against MSU. Hell i loved it against Indiana on the road. It didn’t matter to me that we only won by X amount- i didn’t feel sheepish or embarrassed about being excited for my team hat because of some outside expectations. I just enjoyed the moment. Asking me if i had fun during the BC game or other games we lost- i mean, no, no i didn’t. Do you enjoy getting kicked in the nuts? I enjoy the journey, ups and downs. Seeing how we respond. That’s part of the fun of it- of course not every second is fun. That’s just common sense.

I go into every year hoping we have a team that on paper is worthy of having a chance to win the ACC, win the ACCT, win it all in the final 4. More often than not it’s not going to happen, but when it does it makes it that much more enjoyable. While I’m on a tangent here- i don’t want to win every game 82-50. If we did, then we wouldn’t all remember the beauty of that 82-50 game. I enjoyed that- great- but i loved the comeback in 2011 more. The comeback in 2015. I’ll take those games.

Again, your fun and excitement are a direct result of your own ability to handle the expectations of yourself and the outside world (other fans, fan bases and the media). For the record that is fine. But we are going around in circles here. Other people enjoy the journey. That is fun for me. Otherwise i would be glad when a year is over bc it failed to meet my expectations. I’m sad when a season ends regardless bc it’s over and it’s an emptiness for the next six or so months. To a previous post, yes i enjoyed the PK80...quite a bit as a matter of fact. I loved the stones i thought Trent displayed and i thought there was something in the water up in Apple Valley. I loved MB35 turning into beast mode when he’s angry. I loved Grayson throwing down the hammer in the lane and his teammates coming over to celebrate with the captain. I loved the comebacks. I loved the resolve against MSU. Hell i loved it against Indiana on the road. It didn’t matter to me that we only won by X amount- i didn’t feel sheepish or embarrassed about being excited for my team hat because of some outside expectations. I just enjoyed the moment. Asking me if i had fun during the BC game or other games we lost- i mean, no, no i didn’t. Do you enjoy getting kicked in the nuts? I enjoy the journey, ups and downs. Seeing how we respond. That’s part of the fun of it- of course not every second is fun. That’s just common sense.

I go into every year hoping we have a team that on paper is worthy of having a chance to win the ACC, win the ACCT, win it all in the final 4. More often than not it’s not going to happen, but when it does it makes it that much more enjoyable. While I’m on a tangent here- i don’t want to win every game 82-50. If we did, then we wouldn’t all remember the beauty of that 82-50 game. I enjoyed that- great- but i loved the comeback in 2011 more. The comeback in 2015. I’ll take those games.
To add on to this. Every game last year, we had the lead at some point, almost all of our losses we had a double digit lead, that’s crazy. We played some insane games, caused a minor heart attack sure, but a lot of fun games.

2016 for example, I remember us going up to Pitt, and getting THROTTLED, down 20ish from start to finish, that was zero fun.

Last year was frustrating, I want to crush everyone, but I still had a blast.

Timo I think your first sentence is me lol (kinda). Reworded some and take out the excitement. I’m excited every game and about Duke period lol

Last edited:
To add on to this. Every game last year, we had the lead at some point, almost all of our losses we had a double digit lead, that’s crazy. We played some insane games, caused a minor heart attack sure, but a lot of fun games.

2016 for example, I remember us going up to Pitt, and getting THROTTLED, down 20ish from start to finish, that was zero fun.

Last year was frustrating, I want to crush everyone, but I still had a blast.
Hell even this years game at home vs UNC. Down at the half, and we just went bizzirk- that was fun.

Fair enough post. The biggest issue I have is undeserving expectations placed upon a team that hasn't proved anything yet.
None of us like watching Duke lose. Duke not winning the title is not a definite factor for the season being fun or not.
No one should deny that the last couple teams K has had have lacked consistency from a good standpoint, and that makes it very frustrating.

No one has said there aren’t frustrations.
In your opinion, do the frustrations the program has been through the last few seasons outweigh the "fun" it's been to watch?
I kept watching and hoping. Like most others. That's all.

Go back and look at the game day threads. For the most part, there were many more posts after the losses.
This has been the case for a LONG time. Not new to last season, not by a long shot.

Now mamma carter is saying on twitter that she loves duke and there is no better place to play college basketball. What in the heck goes thru her brain?

Either A she’s insane(usuall self). B Wendell said to her stop and try to fix this. C she’s being sarcastic. D I don’t care. I had enough lol....Or possibly but highly unlikely she just feels embarrassed now and bad ....K call her? Bulls tell her to hush? Lol who knows with this woman. Like trying to dissect a fly. I can say I know she’s wanting attention and she keeps getting it .... :(

Last edited:
Honestly Show, all you are is fire and brimstone. You're nothing but a "fire the car up, gonna smoke the tires" kind of fan. No substance is ever brought to the table by you.
I'm a realist. When we are good, I'll say it. We have been the most talented team in the country the last two seasons. That and we lead the way with lottery picks. I was as bad as you this past season. I thought we were the best team. I was wrong.
But I am expecting Duke to be good this season. How good? Way too early to tell. Ask me mid January. I've been very consistent with my posting, and you know it.
Keep reaching.

Speaking of cars , you shift gears a lot, depending on the heat you receive, it’s good to see that you’ve gone from you didn’t have any fun the last two seasons to you really enjoyed parts. I like that. I expect this to be a great season, I even anticipate many here “ enjoying” the season. I’m fairly sure that watching this incoming class play ball will be enjoyable, whether we win it all or not. I’m simply stating, if you didn’t get any enjoyment the last two seasons, it must be a sad time around your crib. Ok , gotta run, gotta fire up the car and smoke the tires.

Either A she’s insane(usuall self). B Wendell said to her stop and try to fix this. C she’s being sarcastic. D I don’t care. I had enough lol....Or possibly but highly unlikely she just feels embarrassed now and bad ....K call her? Bulls tell her to hush? Lol who knows with this woman. Like trying to dissect a fly. I can say I know she’s wanting attention and she keeps getting it .... :(

She must fix it. Believe me, phone calls were made to her entourage to tell her to shut up and say good things about Duke.

Speaking of cars , you shift gears a lot, depending on the heat you receive, it’s good to see that you’ve gone from you didn’t have any fun the last two seasons to you really enjoyed parts. I like that. I expect this to be a great season, I even anticipate many here “ enjoying” the season. I’m fairly sure that watching this incoming class play ball will be enjoyable, whether we win it all or not. I’m simply stating, if you didn’t get any enjoyment the last two seasons, it must be a sad time around your crib. Ok , gotta run, gotta fire up the car and smoke the tires.
Show, the "fun" part is not saying I don't enjoy watching Duke play. We've both been fans a long time. Each game, no matter how the team did the game before, I think the team can get the job done in the next game. Really let that part soak in. I always think Duke can win.

Normally, I choose to be cautiously optimistic with our young teams, or freshmen in general. This past team was the exception. I expected too much out of them, that's on me, not you or anyone else.
I'm going back to how I've always been about freshmen. They're freshmen. Maybe talented as ever, but K has 6-8 months to mold them into a team.
You pull for Duke the way you do, and I see and pull for Duke how I do.
This whole back and forth starts when someone, any poster, criticizes another poster for their opinion on the board. Some is warranted.
If you're honest here, our heated back and forth didn't start until I stated an opinion that wasn't as favorable to you about our upcoming team.
I don't care that you fire the car up, rave about ctc, seriously I don't care. But me not sharing that same excitement doesn't mean you love Duke and I'm negative.
Find posts where I call for K to retire, said Bagley was trash. Saying I thought Duke may have been a better team without him isn't ripping him. I realize it's not a popular opinion, but oh well.
Of the freshmen, Carter was my favorite, even though his mom seems a little bit out there.

Heh, you’ve taken plenty of opportunities to jab at players and the coaching staff, please . Don’t throw shade on that. And honestly your “view” doesn’t even bother me, it’s just, as almost everybody here can agree, you drive it into the ground constantly, daily. You don’t seem to be able to comprehend we ALL don’t necessarily enjoy the loss of several multi year players and senior laden teams like the past but recruiting has taken a new direction and it’s the nature of the beast. For a while, you were constantly insinuating K was wrong in recruiting the top talent, what else should he do? Then you offered up only taking one, or two 5 stars and mix them with experienced players. So I asked, which 2 or 3 should we have passed on this season? No answer, just shade, cool names and jokes. You seem to constantly throw emphasis on us that seasons were not enjoyable. I literally want to laugh in your face when you bring it up. Most folks at this board care a little more about this team than just winning it all every year. We enjoy the players, the chemistry, the growth, the behind the scenes stories, the skill of the staff, the recruiting, all of it. I’m a call it like I see it kinda fella. I hate posters like you. You predict failure pre season, and induce anger in game threads yelling see, I told you this would happen when the team gets behind. Nothing good comes out of that. Nothing. This board has always been like a team, we pull for the kids, pull for the team, we don’t sit here and try to pick it apart. Nothing worse than some chump grinding it in on the game thread when the chips are down. You’ll be one. I hope you prove me wrong, but smart money says you won’t.

[QUOTE="Mac9192, post: 11276848, member: 32257"
This whole back and forth starts when someone, any poster, criticizes another poster for their opinion on the board. Some is warranted.
/QUOTE]

Really sums it up....

OFC

Heh, you’ve taken plenty of opportunities to jab at players and the coaching staff, please . Don’t throw shade on that. And honestly your “view” doesn’t even bother me, it’s just, as almost everybody here can agree, you drive it into the ground constantly, daily. You don’t seem to be able to comprehend we ALL don’t necessarily enjoy the loss of several multi year players and senior laden teams like the past but recruiting has taken a new direction and it’s the nature of the beast. For a while, you were constantly insinuating K was wrong in recruiting the top talent, what else should he do? Then you offered up only taking one, or two 5 stars and mix them with experienced players. So I asked, which 2 or 3 should we have passed on this season? No answer, just shade, cool names and jokes. You seem to constantly throw emphasis on us that seasons were not enjoyable. I literally want to laugh in your face when you bring it up. Most folks at this board care a little more about this team than just winning it all every year. We enjoy the players, the chemistry, the growth, the behind the scenes stories, the skill of the staff, the recruiting, all of it. I’m a call it like I see it kinda fella. I hate posters like you. You predict failure pre season, and induce anger in game threads yelling see, I told you this would happen when the team gets behind. Nothing good comes out of that. Nothing. This board has always been like a team, we pull for the kids, pull for the team, we don’t sit here and try to pick it apart. Nothing worse than some chump grinding it in on the game thread when the chips are down. You’ll be one. I hope you prove me wrong, but smart money says you won’t.
Show, you are clueless. I tried to be nice to you in my last post, yet here you go again. Here we go for the upteenth time. So put your grease rag down and pay attention.
I like 2-3 one and done's. Is Tre a one and done, or will he see how his freshmen year goes? I don't know. I've been very consistent there, and you know it. Once again, you're reaching. Secondly, I hardly ever post on game day thread during the game. I'm a consistent poster. You know it.
Where have I ripped a kid? I may have not liked the way they played, but I never ripped a kid. You're the one who preseason put Duval on a dime. At least you're consistent. I'll give you that. Delusional, but consistent.
You want my opinion, I'll give it. You don't, then don't direct a post at me.

You spin stories into a fine glistening thread. See you on game day.

Just for some perspective, this is college basketball...College Basketball. Teenagers, playing a game, for a school. Hopefully, most can keep that in mind while discussing the matter.

There’s not much of that with one and dones...just saying lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT