ADVERTISEMENT

More...

Mac they arnt getting what your saying.

Last edited:
So you would rather have a team that has zero chance of winning a title (2016) but because our expectations aren't high, you're gonna enjoy the season more??
Instead of a team with sky-high expectations that has a chance to win a title, even though it's high expectations in a sport where the chances of a title are still slim due a single elimination tournament????

That's comical. Like Timo said above, that seems to be more of a You problem.I get your theory, but I'll settle for the chance at a title every day of the week. Understanding that the title chance will most likely result in more pain. 2016 was fun because we still had the title hangover, and yes that squad had a fun style (a lot of three's, played wide open in the half court) but once March hit, getting blown out by Oregon was not fun, even though it was pretty obvious the blow-out was coming.

"Comical" huh? I think you predicting us to CRUSH Kentucky at the start of next season fits that category. I LOVE THE IDEA, but I still think its pretty "comical." Btw, you ever take someone's bet you were offered???:rolleyes:

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
"Comical" huh? I think you predicting us to CRUSH Kentucky at the start of next season fits that category. I LOVE THE IDEA, but I still think its pretty "comical." Btw, you ever take someone's bet you were offered???:rolleyes:

OFC
I did until I realized Hart and Mac are the same person, must be frustrating having to log in/log out constantly on different accounts. Not betting anyone who has that much commitment to a message board to have 2 different accounts. Plus, it’s 2018, learn what Venmo is, people still write checks?

It's all about perspective. Just because the media says we have the most talent doesn't make me believe we'll win it all. We were one game from the final four, which is about where I expected us to end up. Had we won, I still thought Nova was the team to exploit our weaknesses and they absolutely proved me correct.

I enjoyed this past season overall, because I believe it takes talent along with experience to win the whole thing. I've never thought a team overloaded with freshmen, no matter their talent, will beat and experienced talented team. Sweet sixteen to elite eight was absolutely what I expected and got, so I'm good lol.

Reactions: dbav
GD , you two are like a ****ing nagging toothache, you just won’t stop. Yes we get what you’re saying, you say it every GD day. No Every couple of hours. It’s old. This board isn’t going to stop being excited about the incoming talent, no matter how much you two cry about it. Get a ****ing clue.

I did until I realized Hart and Mac are the same person, must be frustrating having to log in/log out constantly on different accounts. Not betting anyone who has that much commitment to a message board to have 2 different accounts. Plus, it’s 2018, learn what Venmo is, people still write checks?

Ha YOU COULDNT BE MORE WRONG!!! ROFLMAO...o_O

OFC

GD , you two are like a ****ing nagging toothache, you just won’t stop. Yes we get what you’re saying, you say it every GD day. No Every couple of hours. It’s old. This board isn’t going to stop being excited about the incoming talent, no matter how much you two cry about it. Get a ****ing clue.
Could you throw in a few more curse words please? A few more and maybe we will understand. Maybe we should start calling you Yosemite Sam.
You the rootin us tootin' toughest Duke fan this side of the Mississippi!!!!

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
How did that work out for ya? THAT'S KIND OF THE WHOLE POINT HERE. We watched the next game because you might see the team at its highest potential. The problem is, it never happened.
I know no one, I mean no one, that I run into daily, that enjoyed this past season.

Worked out just fine. I never said I didn’t enjoy the games. I damn sure enjoyed the ones we were down double digits and came back. And all of the games we lost were pretty close heading down the stretch

How did that work out for ya? THAT'S KIND OF THE WHOLE POINT HERE. We watched the next game because you might see the team at its highest potential. The problem is, it never happened.
I know no one, I mean no one, that I run into daily, that enjoyed this past season.

Been a Duke fan for 30 years. I enjoyed the season a ton. Beat a very good Mich St team in the beginning of the year. Had several comebacks early where the team could have quit and didn't. Got to see Grayson mature as a player and still get picked in the first round. Saw a double/double fest by both Bagley and Carter all year. Got to see Duke live for the first time in my life in Omaha with my two daughters and watched them beat Syracuse. Team made it to the Elite 8 and were one Grayson unlocky bounce away from the Final Four. Both my young girls are finally old enough to understand and watch Duke BB and they loved the season as well. Guess I'm just a cup is half full kind of fan.

This past season had me extremely frrustrated . Can’t say it was fun either. Doesn’t make me any less of a fan. My mindset wasn’t particularly great heading into our games. Kinda like the uneasy feeling I feel about this class and it’s expectations, which I can’t stand either.. I’m still excited. Just that uneasy feeling.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Why is there a level of being a fan here based off ones feelings. I Swear if your not sugarcoating your motorboating

Been a Duke fan for 30 years. I enjoyed the season a ton. Beat a very good Mich St team in the beginning of the year. Had several comebacks early where the team could have quit and didn't. Got to see Grayson mature as a player and still get picked in the first round. Saw a double/double fest by both Bagley and Carter all year. Got to see Duke live for the first time in my life in Omaha with my two daughters and watched them beat Syracuse. Team made it to the Elite 8 and were one Grayson unlocky bounce away from the Final Four. Both my young girls are finally old enough to understand and watch Duke BB and they loved the season as well. Guess I'm just a cup is half full kind of fan.
Nothing wrong with your view at all. Doesn't make one a better fan versus another. I'm glad you got to take your daughters to a game. I took mine to a game this year, we had a blast.

This is being taken out of text, quite a bit too. I'm excited before every Duke game. My brother is a State fan. He's not, and his expectations are much lower. I think Duke can win it all until we don't. I expect this team coming up to be good. Will I be disappointed if we lose to Carolina, yes, but I still watch.

Its all just taken out of text Jwill, you just don't understand.

Its all just taken out of text Jwill, you just don't understand.
Remove the first seven words and it becomes the best post you almost ever made.
Maybe we should start calling you two Showwill. Great line for you two: Going to have fun at CTC? Showwill!!!

Remove the first seven words and it becomes the best post you almost ever made.
Maybe we should start calling you two Showwill. Great line for you two: Going to have fun at CTC? Showwill!!!

Thats good!!!!:cool:

OFC

Nothing wrong with your view at all. Doesn't make one a better fan versus another. I'm glad you got to take your daughters to a game. I took mine to a game this year, we had a blast.

This is being taken out of text, quite a bit too. I'm excited before every Duke game. My brother is a State fan. He's not, and his expectations are much lower. I think Duke can win it all until we don't. I expect this team coming up to be good. Will I be disappointed if we lose to Carolina, yes, but I still watch.

Never said it makes me a better fan. Just different. I want to see them win every game and win a championship every year as well. That just isn't a realistic view to take and you will make yourself miserable more often than not. Just enjoy the ride :)

I haven't been very active on this board recently. Any way I can get a list of which posters are on each other's side and a list of the posters who they are against?

Seems to be a lot of animosity between certain posters and I believe that it is carrying over to this thread?

TIA

altra-danza-scatenata.gif

I haven't been very active on this board recently. Any way I can get a list of which posters are on each other's side and a list of the posters who they are against?

Seems to be a lot of animosity between certain posters and I believe that it is carrying over to this thread?

TIA

I’m on yours ha

Reactions: gottagonow

TIA

That's not pee running down my leg.

I didn’t cuss MAC, don’t be so sensitive lil fella. I typed lil stars and Garsh Darn a couple times.

I didn’t cuss MAC, don’t be so sensitive lil fella. I typed lil stars and Garsh Darn a couple times.
Oh it's all good Sam. Carry on firin off your pistol. We see Duke differently, that's all. I think you're delusional, you think I'm negative. Oh well.

Oh it's all good Sam. Carry on firin off your pistol. We see Duke differently, that's all. I think you're delusional, you think I'm negative. Oh well.

And there's room for all opinions about our favorite team on a message board. OFC

Heheh, I don’t think you’re negative, more like a drippy faucet. I think you’ll adjust when the season kicks up, you’re that kind of poster, if they do great you’ll fire off that you never said they wouldn’t be great and when they play bad you’ll be here telling us what a genius you are every game thread , like a toothpick under a fingernail. Everybody here knows it. Hell, even you know it.

ADVERTISEMENT