ADVERTISEMENT

More minutes for O’Connell

I would like for AOC to get more minutes in games that he fits in. At the same time Jack and Javin have earned playing time with defense, rebounding and hustle.

I like Alex and I believe he will be a really good player down the road, but he looks like half the kids that Zion dunks on or runs over in his highlight reals.

Yep, we need to fire K. He can't Coach worth a damn. Should have never been hired. Duke can do better. Obvious that a couple people on this very board could do a better job.
Hell yeah, I’ll give it a shot. Here’s my headshot.
87a91c0d61dadad9529230dc18211297.jpg

Reactions: Mac9192
Here you go again. Duval doesn't kill us on offense. It's no secret he isn't a good shooter, but to me the biggest problem with Duval is the 2 big set. He is like a car trying to drive with the park brake on. None of our guys are killing us. The other issue with this team is we only have 1 veteran.
Duval plays with a lot of energy. Lighten up man.
Oh here we go again...Somebody disagrees with you and you get all butthurt and make it personal.

Reactions: tw3301
Oh here we go again...Somebody disagrees with you and you get all butthurt and make it personal.
No, I think it's a foolish thing to say about Duval. You can disagree with me all you want. My point was he plays hard, has been inconsistent, but to say he's killing us on offense is a little harsh. I've been a little critical of him, but I do think he gives it his all. Want you at least admit that? Wouldn't we rather a player give his all than be called lazy?
The one thing you and I can agree on is we don't agree much.
Have a good day.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Accsports.com made a few good suggestions for our offense. We have an NBA lineup so we should run NBA sets. The guard-guard pick-and-roll would be good for us. Let duval come set a pick on Grayson man. That would give Grayson a chance to turn the corner easy if they’re gonna sag off Duval. If we’re gonna have duval off ball we have to do something. Having him off ball with 2 bigs won’t work. He has to play point guard if we’re gonna play the big guys. Or we can have him doing a lot of cutting and moving. He can’t be stationary on the wing. Then the defender will just sit close to the paint.

I like AOC a lot but he's not ready for big minutes against tough physical teams which is pretty much what we're going to see here on in. I do agree that Coach K is notorious with the quick hook on players who haven't earned his trust yet. See Quinn Cook, Nolan Smith, etc. etc. AOC will have his day next year.

Alex is a diaster on d that's why jack has replaced him as the 8th man.

I'll refrain from using the word disaster, but he does appear to be one of those guys who was/is more comfortable in man defense. I forget which of the games it was last week (and I admit, I didn't see either in near their entirety), but he got himself lost in the zone twice pretty bad. One time Grayson gave him an ear full.

Alex is going to be a really good player at Duke....but we all knew it wasn't going to happen immediately for him. He, like Jordan Goldwire, is on another plane. Now, don't take that to mean he can't this current team in spots....because he certainly can and he has. We just have to be patient.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT