ADVERTISEMENT

Miss these guys

Cool for Luke that he's fairly close to home, but Jayson definitely has the sweetest situation.

Reactions: sheyduke
Cool for Luke that he's fairly close to home, but Jayson definitely has the sweetest situation.

Jayson may have gone to the best situation any Duke rookie has ever. I'd argue that no situation has ever been this stable for a Duke star, closest being JJ to the Magic.

Reactions: pisgah101
The Pistons were 20-62 the year before Grant was there and 28-54 the year Grant was a rookie. They made the playoffs his third and fourth season, but missed again after that. They were coming off of their title runs and were in rebuilding mode when Grant was picked.

It makes sense as most guys drafted from Duke are in or around the lottery. That usually means you go to a bad team or situation. Jayson has the luxury of getting in with a stable, winning franchise. He should thrive in their system.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Jayson may have gone to the best situation any Duke rookie has ever. I'd argue that no situation has ever been this stable for a Duke star, closest being JJ to the Magic.
JJ's pro career started w/ a couple rough seasons, but I learned on his podcast that he has made the playoffs every season he's been in the league, including a trip to the finals in Orlando.

JJ's pro career started w/ a couple rough seasons, but I learned on his podcast that he has made the playoffs every season he's been in the league, including a trip to the finals in Orlando.

Yep. 2 conference finals and one NBA finals. They may have missed the playoffs his rookie season, but I may be wrong there. They had a decent team with Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson in place.

We sort of ripped Frank during his time here. Don't get me wrong we gave him some good vibs also . I really hope he has a good career. Was hoping he could play for the Jazz in front of his hometown fans and could end up there. We may never know the real reason he left early but he's still a Dukie. He never had a bad attitude and he played hard. He could have chosen another college easily but he chose Duke and I'm proud to be a fan of his. OFC

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT