ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Purdue

sgrooms

All Conference
Jan 27, 2010
Anyone watching this game? These teams can't miss from 3. Both are shooting over 57% from beyond the arc.

Reactions: PHXDukie
I hate the ref excuse, but man, they had some tough breaks with the whistle in a key part of the game. That period gave Purdue the separation they needed to hang on for the win.

I agree, Sgrooms. The road can be brutal.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
First time watching Purdue all year, they don't appear scary at all. The Big10 is terrible, and Purdue looks to be the biggest beneficiary of that. I think they eventually run into some trouble, I would love for them to be the 2 seed in our bracket (I'm assuming MSU beats Purdue and Purdue also loses a couple other games, knocking them off the 1 line).

First time watching Purdue all year, they don't appear scary at all. The Big10 is terrible, and Purdue looks to be the biggest beneficiary of that. I think they eventually run into some trouble, I would love for them to be the 2 seed in our bracket (I'm assuming MSU beats Purdue and Purdue also loses a couple other games, knocking them off the 1 line).
If we are a 2 seed, I would love to be placed in Purdue’s bracket if they are the 1.

I don't think Purdue is flashy, but they are well coached and experienced. The big guy is...big. He knows what he can do and sticks with it. They have a couple good shooters and the other guys know their roles. They will be a tough out although Painter hasn't won a big game in the Tournament that I can recall.

Having said that, Michigan had about 4 absolutely terrible possessions down the stretch that allowed Purdue to pull away. Michigan is not a top 25 team. There are at least 5 teams in the ACC that are better, maybe more.

Last edited:
Reactions: dumpsterFyre
I think Purdue is a legit national title contender. Haas positions himself really well down low, he can easily exploit any 1-1 matchup; if you double him up, well, the other 4 starters all shoot over 40% from 3. Purdue is second in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage (.442). They also defend really well; Michigan made a lot of shot yesterday, but I think that was more great shot-making than bad defense.. I think Purdue does struggle to rebound the ball, though, even with all their size. I wouldn't be crazy about playing Purdue in the tournament, personally. I haven't felt great about our perimeter defense - seems like we leave a lot of wide open 3's on the table.

Reactions: klmLB
Purdue is good. You don't have to be flashy to be good. Anyone that thinks they aren't legit doesn't know basketball. They would be really good in ACC this season. They are worthy of their ranking at this moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT