ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland vs Carolina who ya got?

I'm not sure if Maryland is always that erratic/careless, but teams with championship aspirations don't turn the ball over 22 times. Duke didn't have a single game last year with that many TOs.

I think unc is really good but we can beat them if we play to their weakness, that being their perimeter D still sucks and putting them on the ft line.
We actually aren't as bad at the FT line as this game shown. Marcus is usually a 90% FT shooter who bricked two late. I off the top of my head think Berry was shooting perfect from the line before his 3/7 tonight. Brice isn't too good from the line. Meeks isn't that great. But the guards generally all can make their free throws.

We actually aren't as bad at the FT line as this game shown. Marcus is usually a 90% FT shooter who bricked two late. I off the top of my head think Berry was shooting perfect from the line before his 3/7 tonight. Brice isn't too good from the line. Meeks isn't that great. But the guards generally all can make their free throws.

So they shoot well until they matter..... Good enough!

UNC looked like a well oiled machine last night, I'd count them as the favorite..... But Roy is still the coach.

Last night UNC is ROLLING up 13, Roy yanks his horses and within minutes Merryland is back in it all while playing their worst 10 mins of the season. I love Roy for having zero clue how to make the Kill shot! But but but he's "developing" ;)

That sure was an entertaining game last night. Wish we had gotten a better matchup than Indiana but we beat up on MSU & WIsc last year so couldn't face them again. Bet we wind up in College Park next year.

We can definitely beat them. When I say they're good I'm not saying they're great or unbeatable. But they are good. That's plain to see. Im not sure we can put offense at all five positions like them though. They're tough to guard.

Agreed. I think we can beat them, but our margin for error is much smaller than it was last year. I think we'd need to get good to very good shooting performances from a couple of guards / wings, have to play a pretty clean game in terms of turnovers / missed assignments / etc., and catch them on a night when they're not hitting 3s themselves. Regardless of what we do offensively, doubt we could beat UNC on a night like last night where they go 9 for 13 on 3s -- many of which weren't that easy.

Last year, Duke could beat (and IMO did beat) UNC with decent, but not necessarily exceptional, performances for that squad. The big difference this year is that I think our guys basically need to play our A game (and they probably need to play their B game in terms of shot-making, execution) to beat them.

Agreed. I think we can beat them, but our margin for error is much smaller than it was last year. I think we'd need to get good to very good shooting performances from a couple of guards / wings, have to play a pretty clean game in terms of turnovers / missed assignments / etc., and catch them on a night when they're not hitting 3s themselves. Regardless of what we do offensively, doubt we could beat UNC on a night like last night where they go 9 for 13 on 3s -- many of which weren't that easy.

Last year, Duke could beat (and IMO did beat) UNC with decent, but not necessarily exceptional, performances for that squad. The big difference this year is that I think our guys basically need to play our A game (and they probably need to play their B game in terms of shot-making, execution) to beat them.

I don't think anyone is beating UNC if they go 9-13 from three.

I agree with the last part, with the caveat that there is a lot of ball between now and Duke-UNC 1. I don't think we'll hit their level by then, but we might be closer than we are now.

Last night UNC is ROLLING up 13, Roy yanks his horses and within minutes Merryland is back in it all while playing their worst 10 mins of the season. I love Roy for having zero clue how to make the Kill shot! But but but he's "developing" ;)

I don't know if you saw, but Seth Greenberg tried to diplomatically make that point last night at halftime, saying Roy needed to shorten his bench. But that's not his way.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I didn't watch the game last night. Just curious, did big Luuuuuuuke Maye get any burn?

OFC

All I can say is that was a nice win for UNC and Maryland stayed in the game even though they tried to take themselves out. Not sure what the conclusion is -- UNC has as good as chance as anyone for a trip to the FF.

Reactions: pisgah101
UNC played well, and beat a good Maryland team. As someone (can't remember who) mentioned was that Paige could give them a 'Willis Reed' lift, and I think that showed...Heels seemed to play with more energy and emotion.
Being at the Dean Dome helped also...kept those pesky refs from giving all the calls to the Terps.

OFC

Reactions: LTDukeFan
I'm very late to the party, but I thought un-CHEAT would win at home while hoping somehow both could lose. My thought was correct, my hope didn't come to fruition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT