ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland vs Carolina who ya got?

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Should be a real good game but I expect Maryland to win out. Hoping 'Sheed drops 40

At home, i'll take UNC to win this game- hope i'm wrong. Don't like either program, but at least MD has Sheed.

I'm on the fence with this one.

Paige is making his return, but how much can he do his first game back against one of the better teams in the country?

Can Diamond Stone be effective against Meeks and Johnson, or does their experience win out?

Can Layman and Sheed make shots? We know they'll get looks.

Do the refs have it in for UNC like every other game in their existence?

In the end, I think it's a game that comes down to possessions and I think Maryland finds a way. Trimble with the big game for around 25 and Maryland wins by four.

UNC.

Trimble and Sheed will give UNC's guards trouble, but Maryland's performances as a team to date don't inspire much confidence. While it's early, I still think it's a bit telling that Md is ranked #20 in KenPom after 6 wins.

I think the biggest difference maker in the game will be Diamond Stone. I think he will be why the terps win or lose.

Alright, I know the truth, it will be if the refs let UNC actually play basketball or not, because if they call it fairly, UNC won't foul once the entire game.

Tough call, but I think UNC get's it done.

Carolina Defense is still shoddy, Paige gonna have rust. Carolina probably better in March but now I'll take UM by 5-6....Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little typing that...

Ugh....it is at Carolina....so...(sighs).....Carolina. I hope Maryland wins, but at the Dean Dome it ain't happening.

I dislike both teams but I dislike the tarholes more. Go Maryland! OFC

Battery tossers v. Cheaters...

Is there a way they can both get a loss from this? :D

I second this vote.

I think UNC probably gets it done. UM hasn't looked elite yet, and Paige's return will have a sort of Willis Reed effect - there will be short stretches of the game where faint cheering can be heard.

I will be interested to watch Trimble. He is an explosive shooter/scorer going against a defense that seems to take pride in not guarding the three point line.

Hmmm...let me see. I could pull for the Terps...that are no longer in the ACC, and have a former Duke player on the roster, or I could pull for a hatred rival with 20 years of institutional cheating.

I could watch the news and see footage of Maryland fans burning some sofas (including the stores and homes around them) while celebrating...
and I could bask in the glow of witnessing a meltdown at THR with all the posters blasting the refs, and with Gary-7 (after a consultation with his Coaching Mafia) breaking down every single play describing in detail how Roy misused Berry, should have used a box-in-one defense, or perhaps a trapezoid-plus-2 inverted zone rolling ball side help defense with a double two-step sliding close out on 3 point shooters. And DSouth will write a 10 page essay to back it up. All of THR will applaud Gary's technical brilliance, and everyone in unison will pine for the days of Dean Smith. Hmmm...tough call, but I think I'll go with tradition...ABC & THR.

OFC

Reactions: Showenuff and dbav
with Gary-7 (after a consultation with his Coaching Mafia) breaking down every single play describing in detail how Roy misused Berry, should have used a box-in-one defense, or perhaps a trapezoid-plus-2 inverted zone rolling ball side help defense with a double two-step sliding close out on 3 point shooters.

Actually, I would think that Gary would give a breakdown of every missed call during the course of the game. Naturally, all of the missed or incorrect calls go against UNCheat, but that seems to be his favorite part of game watching. UNCheat only loses when the whistle isn't blown enough.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Like a few others have said, I really don't like either team, and wish they could both lose :)))!! But in the interest of a pick, with the return of Paige and playing at home, the Holes should be the favorite. But in reality, I like the guards of Maryland to be the difference. Since they both can't lose, I'll take Maryland in a close one.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Actually, I would think that Gary would give a breakdown of every missed call during the course of the game. Naturally, all of the missed or incorrect calls go against UNCheat, but that seems to be his favorite part of game watching. UNCheat only loses when the whistle isn't blown enough.

Yeah, he will, Dbav. Gary will put on a clinic analyzing the game while it's on, but he loves to go back over it when the game is finished (his film session) and break it down even further. The man is amazing, don't know why he's wasting his time on THR when he could/should be in the HOF instead.

OFC

Reactions: pisgah101 and dbav
Oh, and to be clear, there is never a time that I pull for UNC to win a ball game.

Hope Maryland stomps them, or even better that 'Sheed hits a last second 3 for the win, after pushing off on one Heel, charging over another, blatantly traveling, and the red light on before releasing the ball.

OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze and dbav
What Maryland has too many players arrested or caught in a riot to field a team for the game, and UNCheat has too many players academically ineligible because they are AFAM majors or that drive off for good in cars provided by Fats? Would that be a double forfeit? Each team gets a loss?

It's funny, now that Maryland is gone and presumably we will never play them again (hopefully, though obviously not true), I've cared a lot less about them. I hate UNC more so I hope Maryland wins. They are a physical team and this UNC bunch doesn't handle physical well. Plus Paige is just getting back so I don't expect 30 out of him, which they'll need.

Maryland by 10+ and another Big Ten/ACC win for the B1G.

This is a game where I wish both teams could lose. The only positive to UNCheat winning would be that it would help the ACC win the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. lol

Oh, and to be clear, there is never a time that I pull for UNC to win a ball game.

Hope Maryland stomps them, or even better that 'Sheed hits a last second 3 for the win, after pushing off on one Heel, charging over another, blatantly traveling, and the red light on before releasing the ball.

OFC

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

OFC
Maybe he is in the hall of fame

heels send the terps 'back to the ghetto." maryland has not impressed this year, not that unc has set the world on fire, but i believe they will win. hope sheed lights them up.

This is a loaded question. Clearly I got Maryland as my rooting interest. But do you mean who wins? Eh, same team. Maryland. I effing hate you Carolina.

GTHC,GTH!

Reactions: pisgah101
By the way, anyone watching State and Michigan make basketball look awful right now?

I only pull for Md. when they play two teams. Guess which one besides UNC OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT