ADVERTISEMENT

Marques Bolden, bring it big fella !

K has had some glowing praise for Javin this preseason as well, so MB probably isn't a 30 mpg guy or anything. But he has a great opportunity.

Fair point. Javin and MB will probably combine for around 45-55 minutes this year. We'll need 14-16 rpg to achieve the level of team success we are hopping to achieve.

Bolden doesn't come across to me as a guy will average close to double-digit rebounds. Maybe seven....maybe eight? Eight kind of seems high to me.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yeah, 10 ish would sort of extend down to 8+ rpg. Somewhere between 8 and 9 rpg would be good enough, and certainly is within reasonable expectations.

Bolden will be just fine. He’ll have plenty space to operate and he looks like he’s doing more away from the basket in the videos. I’ve seen him hit mid range jumpers and drive to the lane and convert. He already plays good defense. If he can hedge the way he did that year against Miami then we have something special on our hands

Reactions: dukehokie
Yeah, 10 ish would sort of extend down to 8+ rpg. Somewhere between 8 and 9 rpg would be good enough, and certainly is within reasonable expectations.

His per 40 is right at 10 rpg. He doesn’t rebound well out of his area. By comparison, Javin rebounds at a 12.5 rpg per 40 rate. Big difference. Javin is known as an “active rebounder.” Point being, I wouldn’t expect giant stats out of Ques, but if the team can rebound and defend as a unit, meaning Ques takes care of the rim and everyone else takes care of the rest, we’ll be great.

This also means hopefully unlike the past 3 iterations of Duke basketball, 1-5 has defined, clear roles. No switching point guards mid season, no “let’s find a new role for so and so. K’s best teams have clear defined roles. Not saying clear positions, just clear roles.

His per 40 is right at 10 rpg. He doesn’t rebound well out of his area. By comparison, Javin rebounds at a 12.5 rpg per 40 rate. Big difference. Javin is known as an “active rebounder.” Point being, I wouldn’t expect giant stats out of Ques, but if the team can rebound and defend as a unit, meaning Ques takes care of the rim and everyone else takes care of the rest, we’ll be great.

This also means hopefully unlike the past 3 iterations of Duke basketball, 1-5 has defined, clear roles. No switching point guards mid season, no “let’s find a new role for so and so. K’s best teams have clear defined roles. Not saying clear positions, just clear roles.

I don’t think we will have to worry about the lineup changing this year. The 4 freshmen are locks. Javin and Marques may switch depending on matchups

I don’t think we will have to worry about the lineup changing this year. The 4 freshmen are locks. Javin and Marques may switch depending on matchups

And their roles will be defined. I think the Tatum/Giles team would have had more solidified roles if there weren’t so many injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT