ADVERTISEMENT

Lively gone

Shedrick is from NC, so a good coming home story, that being said, I wonder what the staff feels like it has in Reeves. Shedrick was on the bench for part of the year, would he be happy in a 4 man rotation? With Flip back, production from the 5 on O isn't as crucial. Will be interesting to see what the next few days brings.

Reactions: christophero
He is not a ball dominant center and his stats were similar to Lively's. Would be a good fit and could prevent Flip getting worn down. If he is okay with 15 to 20 minutes. Had 16 and 8 against us in 2022. Reeves will get there but is the equivalent of Blakes up front.

I would pass on Shedrick too, and hope we aim higher than that. He would be perfect as a backup 5 playing 10-15 mpg, but we already have Young. Combined with Reeves, that’s just too many guys (backup guys too, no elite player.)

Holmes would be my top choice if Flip comes back. Feel like that is a perfect 4/5 combo for offense and defense. If Flip leaves, I’d be open to having the Dickinson conversation.

I guess whoever we can get up front would be my choice. These guys may want to be the man. If Flip returns, I'm not sure Hunter would compliment him. So the Virginia guy or Holmes. If Flip leaves, then we need to aim larger and go after Hunter (doubt we get him), or maybe Holmes and Shedrick. I think Shedrick and Flip would be a nice 4/5. Flip and Holmes as well. But we need to do something. We can't just replace Lively with Young and Reeves. The Oregon C is pretty athletic. Things will become clearer when we hear what Flip is doing. If we get Flip and Roach back we probably won't pursue anyone else. My guess is we lose one of them.

Last edited:
He is not a ball dominant center and his stats were similar to Lively's. Would be a good fit and could prevent Flip getting worn down. If he is okay with 15 to 20 minutes. Had 16 and 8 against us in 2022. Reeves will get there but is the equivalent of Blakes up front.
No! This is very wrong . Reeves should of kept his red shirt Blakes was never given the option . You can not say they are the same bigs always take longer to develop. You haven’t seen enough of Reeves but what we saw says he’s ahead of Blakes as a frosh .

Reactions: jamsession3
No! This is very wrong . Reeves should have kept his red shirt Blakes was never given the option . You can not say they are the same bigs always take longer to develop. You haven’t seen enough of Reeves but what we saw says he’s ahead of Blakes as a frosh .
Earlier Chris had a run in with the Spelling Czar. Now this. Coors Light is calling Christoph

I'm on the wagon lol. I just suck typing on my phone. I did miss Shey telling how wrong I am it has been over a week.

Reactions: KDSTONE
I’m going to play devils advocate and ask how is he like Blakes up front ? Kid saw no time after wasting his red shirt . He doesn’t see any minutes this year he will bounce . He’s shown he can rebound and block shots in his very limited minutes . One could say he looked the better of the two when him and Blakes were on the floor together.

Reactions: jamsession3
No! This is very wrong . Reeves should of kept his red shirt Blakes was never given the option . You can not say they are the same bigs always take longer to develop. You haven’t seen enough of Reeves but what we saw says he’s ahead of Blakes as a frosh .
This is 100% incorrect. You have zero clue about the decision of Reeves' red shirt so please stop acting like you do.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
This is 100% incorrect. You have zero clue about the decision of Reeves' red shirt so please stop acting like you do.
Curious why you’re 100% sure he’s wrong? It’s an interesting take and not a crazy hypothesis to say Reeves shouldn’t have burnt his red-shirt. Unless you know of something we are completely missing out on?

Reactions: sheyduke
No I am not wrong . You better go back and check his commitment interview and his red shirt was not pulled until after CTC and Lively was injured preseason. So you are 200 percent incorrect unless Jon and Reeves are lying after announcing he would not be redshirting and the exact reason Jon gave was because it was seen where he could help the team this past season and Reeves said the same !
The plan for Reeves was always to red shirt this season !

Regarding my Blakes/Reeves comparison; I meant that both are great stories and role players, but neither are guys we should be starting at this time. Reeves could very well have a season like Blakes just did as we always have injuries. Reeve's redshirt was pulled when Lively was struggling and/or injured. The fact that he never got in and we are reaching out to numerous big men in the portal says the staff think we need more help up front. Not saying Reeves can't be good down the line, but other than those minutes in CTC we haven't seen it from Reeves. And in CTC he was scoring on Young, and Lively was either out or wasn't quite Lively yet. If Flip comes back the big center transfers could look elsewhere. I really don't want to debate if Flip is a 4 or 5 but he is 7-0.

Last edited:
Curious why you’re 100% sure he’s wrong? It’s an interesting take and not a crazy hypothesis to say Reeves shouldn’t have burnt his red-shirt. Unless you know of something we are completely missing out on?
I do and Shey is wrong. It’s weird that he keeps beating that drum.

No I am not wrong . You better go back and check his commitment interview and his red shirt was not pulled until after CTC and Lively was injured preseason. So you are 200 percent incorrect unless Jon and Reeves are lying after announcing he would not be redshirting and the exact reason Jon gave was because it was seen where he could help the team this past season and Reeves said the same !
The plan for Reeves was always to red shirt this season !
Lol okay champ. I tried.

Regarding my Blakes/Reeves comparison; I meant that both are great stories and role players, but neither are guys we should be starting at this time. Reeves could very well have a season like Blakes just did as we always have injuries. Reeve's redshirt was pulled when Lively was struggling and/or injured. The fact that he never got in and we are reaching out to numerous big men in the portal says the staff think we need more help up front. Not saying Reeves can't be good down the line, but other than those minutes in CTC we haven't seen it from Reeves. And in CTC he was scoring on Young, and Lively was either out or wasn't quite Lively yet. If Flip comes back the big center transfers could look elsewhere. I really don't want to debate if Flip is a 4 or 5 but he is 7-0.
I think them reaching out to other bigs is due to seeing how much an injury can set a player back . Reeves is the only true center and Young is an old school big but struggles against more athletic bigs . I guess one could look at it as, it’s better to be prepared then not have a plan at all .

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT