ADVERTISEMENT

Lively gone

Last edited:
And what are we missing out on? In just October Reeves was still considering redshirting. Are you saying even then he (and you) knew he wasn’t going to? Thx

I'm saying the following is completely inaccurate:

No! This is very wrong . Reeves should of kept his red shirt Blakes was never given the option . You can not say they are the same bigs always take longer to develop. You haven’t seen enough of Reeves but what we saw says he’s ahead of Blakes as a frosh .

The guy that posts this kind of stuff always posts things as fact when they aren't. Being a pretend insider is just weird to me.

Reactions: Devilinside

No! This is very wrong . Reeves should of kept his red shirt Blakes was never given the option . You can not say they are the same bigs always take longer to develop. You haven’t seen enough of Reeves but what we saw says he’s ahead of Blakes as a frosh .

The guy that posts this kind of stuff always posts things as fact when they aren't. Being a pretend insider is just weird to me.
Gotcha.

How is it inaccurate ? You still have not proven anything I’ve said to be fraudulent! Period ! Tell me where I’m wrong at ? Show me ? Blakes was never a red shirt candidate so how am I wrong ? The fact is what I said came out of both Scheyers and Reeves own mouths in interviews!
How am I or when have I ever pretended or attempted to be an insider ? I go off what I’ve read .
You know what that’s twice on here in all my 14 years on this board where I’ve been accused of belittling poster ( never have done it or been shown where I did it ) and now a fake insider ( never done it , never said I had insider info or anything). Y’all be good I’m out .

Last edited:
How is it inaccurate ? You still have not proven anything I’ve said to be fraudulent! Period ! Tell me where I’m wrong at ? Show me ? Blakes was never a red shirt candidate so how am I wrong ? The fact is what I said came out of both Scheyers and Reeves own mouths in interviews!
How am I or when have I ever pretended or attempted to be an insider ? I go off what I’ve read .
You know what that’s twice on here in all my 14 years on this board where I’ve been accused of belittling poster ( never have done it or been shown where I did it ) and now a fake insider ( never done it , never said I had insider info or anything). Y’all be good I’m out .
Kinda odd that we have another poster being accused of “pretending to be an insider”. Smells like the ass clowns over at DBB are at it again.

@Tik Tok what was your handle here before?

Last edited:
With a championship level roster, you have to have depth. For all intent and purposes, hes a rs freshman. I sure he has been sold on a 4 year development plan. He came in as a pretty late addition. Hopefully he gets the development minutes he needs, but I cant see him playing more than 15 mpg unless there is a herculean jump. Thats no slight to him, plenty guys take a while to develop. Duke and our fans are a bit spoiled.

Reactions: 9dukejames
You know what that’s twice on here in all my 14 years on this board where I’ve been accused of belittling poster ( never have done it or been shown where I did it ) and now a fake insider ( never done it , never said I had insider info or anything). Y’all be good I’m out
You conveniently miss Tik Tok's point. You state things as facts which you could not possibly have personal knowledge of unless, for example, Jon told you Blakes was never offered the option of red-shirting or Blakes told you that himself. We all know those two things never happened. By far not the first time. It may be that your supposition is correct, but that does not make it anything more than a supposition. So, don't get all whiny when someone challenges your version of the supposed "facts". OFC

Reactions: Tik Tok
Redshirting Reeves would only have made sense if we envision Reeves at Duke as a fifth-year senior in 2026-'27. The original idea was to redshirt him this past season. But his late-season improvement in high school, his play in pre-season practice and his performance in CTC suggested that was unlikely. A mobile 7-1 center would likely improve enough to be drafted before then or transfer to another school if he either wasn't showing improvement or thought another school would provide better options for more PT.

And Lively's injury pointed out the benefits of getting Reeves some work should he be needed to play a bigger role. There simply was no benefit to redshirting him.

Lol no I didn’t I told you go back and read Reeves interview and I go off what premium info I pay for on Blakes who came in under K and it was never said a red shirt was on the table for him . Either way your the poster who said I belittle other poster and never showed who I belittle and your boy friend can’t say one way where my info is wrong .I never stated shit as fact out side the point it came out of the players or coaches mouth in an interview . But I’m good y’all can have this board . 14 years I’ve never had this issue . So have a good night .

Lol no I didn’t I told you go back and read Reeves interview and I go off what premium info I pay for on Blakes who came in under K and it was never said a red shirt was on the table for him . Either way your the poster who said I belittle other poster and never showed who I belittle and your boy friend can’t say one way where my info is wrong .I never stated shit as fact out side the point it came out of the players or coaches mouth in an interview . But I’m good y’all can have this board . 14 years I’ve never had this issue . So have a good night .
Nah man stick around. Just ignore this crap.

Some guy named @Curley Crimps just tweeted that he has heard from "reliable sources" that Flip will declare for the NBA draft this week. Guy hardly has any followers, so grain of salt. We will find out soon. Could be BS

Last edited:
Reactions: 9dukejames
Shedrick had 15 and 13 in Virginia's last game. Would be a nice 20 minute guy with Reeves and Young. Averaged 6 and 4 last year, would be a senior. Good defender.
I’m with you. Think Shedrick would be a perfect fit here. He comes here and Flip stays and we have the best all around roster that we’ve had on campus since RJ and Zion.

When you’ve got Mgbako, Stewart, Foster, Schutt, Blakes, Young, Reeves, and Power coming off the bench for a starting lineup that goes:

Proctor
McCain
Mitchell
Flip
Shedrick

I’m with you. Think Shedrick would be a perfect fit here. He comes here and Flip stays and we have the best all around roster that we’ve had on campus since RJ and Zion.

When you’ve got Mgbako, Stewart, Foster, Schutt, Blakes, Young, Reeves, and Power coming off the bench for a starting lineup that goes:

Proctor
McCain
Mitchell
Flip
Shedrick

If that happens, and that is my hope too, then at least one and maybe more will leave. No way Blakes and Schutt want to spend the season as the 11th or 12th guy on the bench, and at least one of the freshmen won't want to play 10 minutes a game.

Some guy named @Curley Crimps just tweeted that he has heard from "reliable sources" that Flip will declare for the NBA draft this week. Guy hardly has any followers, so grain of salt. We will find out soon. Could be BS
The announcement may be pushed back some, but the decision is still the same. He’s expected back unless he’s done a complete 180 and hasn’t told the Duke staff.

Good news is, I don’t even know what DBB is so it’d be somewhat difficult to steal any info from there. :)
The secret password to get in changes every few hours. It’s like the message board version of Skull and Bones. You’d be disappointed though. It’s like getting in bed with. a Victoria’s Secret model only to watch her take her clothes off and find out it’s a dude

The secret password to get in changes every few hours. It’s like the message board version of Skull and Bones. You’d be disappointed though. It’s like getting in bed with. a Victoria’s Secret model only to watch her take her clothes off and find out it’s a dude
Wow that is a very vivid and specific analogy. Did this happen to you?

Redshirting Reeves would only have made sense if we envision Reeves at Duke as a fifth-year senior in 2026-'27. The original idea was to redshirt him this past season. But his late-season improvement in high school, his play in pre-season practice and his performance in CTC suggested that was unlikely. A mobile 7-1 center would likely improve enough to be drafted before then or transfer to another school if he either wasn't showing improvement or thought another school would provide better options for more PT.

And Lively's injury pointed out the benefits of getting Reeves some work should he be needed to play a bigger role. There simply was no benefit to redshirting him.
Reeves essentially wasted a year of getting no pt. I agree, Lively's injury had many unknowns and the season was young.

He's had a year to learn the system and will now compete for the starting center position next year.

The only area of concern would be DUKE brining in a center to take Reeves and Young's minutes. That can create a scenario of resentment. A Theo John type of center is different then a Holmes. Holmes wants to start, Theo wants to contribute.

I know we can have Flip and Holmes, but my guess is our chances of getting a Holmes or elite transfer big man would go up greatly if Flip leaves. But I'd rather have Flip back. Flip is a pretty big decision for next year. We will be good; but if Flip comes back we could be great. If Flip leaves I will not be as bullish on next year. But with Flip, Mitchell and Proctor back we could have our best team since 2015.

Last edited:
The way the transfer portal is now, a redshirt is useless... it only matters if the kid is FORSURE going to spend their entire eligibility at that one school. And in today's REALITY that isn't happening. So who cares about that redshirt conversation... and the Reality is, if a high name player will benefit the team more they will be sought after, and if that makes someone leave for a different opportunity, IT IS WHAT IT IS... The kid can stay, wait for their chance or leave and try elsewhere... if you are a WALK ON, and you don't have the options, you sit at the end of the bench, contribute in practice and make the most of your time and appreciate being at a Big time program. (Example: Spencer Hubbard and Stanley Borden) and if Borden wanted to try his 7 ft body and transfer somewhere small for an OPPORTUNITY I would not be mad at the kid. This is the reality now.

I wouldn't mind if it upset Reeves or Young to be honest. You get a guy like Holmes, even for just one year, and IF (I know it's a huge if) we get Flip back- that's a legitimate nation title roster. Give me Holmes at the 5 like yesterday.
If the conversation is Flip and Holmes...I get it. It's the same combination he had at Dayton. If it's Holmes by himself, no!

Shedrick to Duke???
Augusta Free Press said he is "likely headed to Duke." Not confirmed but sounds promising.

Last edited:
If Flip comes back he is a good defender and big body. If Flip leaves it's not a good trade. But he is a nice piece and experienced big body. This kid is not skinny and can defend. Lost his starting spot to Vander Plas. He is kind of the anti Young so those 2 could be a nice combo at the 5. Him Flip and Young and we are set up front. He's a role player and won't need touches like Hunter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
If Flip comes back he is a good defender and big body. If Flip leaves it's not a good trade. But he is a nice piece and experienced big body. This kid is not skinny and can defend. Lost his starting spot to Vander Plas. He is kind of the anti Young so those 2 could be a nice combo at the 5. Him Flip and Young and we are set up front. He's a role player and won't need touches like Hunter.
Wish I had your optimism. To me it’s a big step back even with Flip back, and likely means Reeves will bolt.

Reactions: christophero
But if Flip returns and Mitchell at PF we can get away with center by committee. We can't rely on Reeves yet. (Jon agrees if we bring in a transfer) This kid is a proven commodity. Reeves will get his chance, but with Lively gone we need more. And I think he has 2 years of eligibility.

But if Flip returns and Mitchell at PF we can get away with center by committee. We can't rely on Reeves yet. (Jon agrees if we bring in a transfer) This kid is a proven commodity. Reeves will get his chance, but with Lively gone we need more. And I think he has 2 years of eligibility.
Okay, if you took away Lively's ranking, how much our discussion of him was/is based on optimism? Why don't that same energy trickle down to Reeves?

Reactions: christophero
Because he's not Lively and not a first round pick? I like Reeves but I don't think he is there yet.

Last edited:
Agree 44. I'm guessing the staff has it all under control, but Shedrick just doesn't make sense to me. The only reason I see a guy like him coming in is to play the part of Ryan Young, once Ryan leaves since he has two years left. For next season, Shedrick/Young combo at the five is less than inspiring.

Getting Flip back (as a stretch 4) and an impact 5 is the dream here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT