ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk a little Duke football.

I don't care who we played the first game it's great to get a win. Lot's of players saw action and contributed to the win. Great way to start the season. OFC

Like basketball like football the unc football fans over at the blitz are whining just like the bb fans on thr about the officiating. They just can't help it. They're tar heel fans and it's their nature . OFC

Like basketball like football the unc football fans over at the blitz are whining just like the bb fans on thr about the officiating. They just can't help it. They're tar heel fans and it's their

CreZbYMUkAA0A8t.jpg

One game at a time guys, one game at a time. OFC

Agreed Sky but given Jones performance its impossible not to be excited about this kid. Hes smooth, level headed and has a great touch on the deep ball too...In addition, Parker Boehme is giving us a 1-2 punch at qb that may be as potent as some other 1-2 punches at qb....
Slayden/Dilweg
Billy Ray/Dave Brown
Boone/Connette

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Agreed Sky but given Jones performance its impossible not to be excited about this kid. Hes smooth, level headed and has a great touch on the deep ball too...In addition, Parker Boehme is giving us a 1-2 punch at qb that may be as potent as some other 1-2 punches at qb....
Slayden/Dilweg
Billy Ray/Dave Brown
Boone/Connette

OFC

Agree with you to hart. I'm real excited also and looking forward to a season when we exceed expectations. OFC

Okla., L.S.U., N.D. already upset and as of right now F.S.U. is down to Ole Miss. 21-6 late second quarter. Plenty of time for F.S.U. to come back but what a bunch of upsets jut in the first week and unc would have had one if not for those daggum "cheatin " officials. OFC

I believe UCLA also got upset as a ranked team. Miss. St. as and unranked team, but still a huge upset by S. Alabama.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It was unfortunate. I grew up in a house full of Florida Gators, so I thrive on the misery of the Vols, the Bulldogs, and the Criminoles, haha.

Tennessee didn't look that good to me. Could just be first game bugs, but I was not that impressed.
As a Tennessee native, I am supremely offended! I've got my eye on you, @dbav. Can't trust a Gator.:D

Wish I could have made it to the game on Saturday instead of attending a rehearsal dinner in Chapel Hill. Managed to swing by campus on Sunday to get a peak at the renovations to the football stadium. Looked so much better than what I remembered. Also went over to 9th Street to pick up some new gear at the Duck Shop and lunch at Cosmic Cantina. Always fun being back in the area.

Reactions: dbav
I see the latest McCaffrey brother is a pocket passer committed to Michigan.

Think about how in another will you could have had a brother passing or handing off to any of his other brothers currently in college, haha.

Also saw that ESPNU ranks our class for next year as #5 in the ACC. I'll take it.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Coach Cut does more with less than anyone, like Grobe used to do at Wake Forest. His recruiting classes just keep getting better and better, so watch out... When he gets true football talent, it's all over.

Ok how much we gonna beat W.F. by tomorrow?

Duke 28
W.F. 17
OFC

Ugly game. Suspect play calling. 37 rushing yards. Our QB has 13 more rush attempts than Duncan. They abandoned the run way too early.

Really thought we would win this one. Not many easy games left on schedule. Will need some upsets to make a bowl. We needed this one. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Ugly game. Suspect play calling. 37 rushing yards. Our QB has 13 more rush attempts than Duncan. They abandoned the run way too early.

No kiddin.' Jela only gets a handful of carries while Duke was ( apparently ) tryin' to set the NCAA record for quarterback draws. Some horrible decision-making by Jones on some of his throws. Forced way too many...lucky he didn't throw multiple pics today. He's young an' all. I get it. But the kid's gotta clean that up. The defense ain't stoppin' anyone either. Kicking game? Ugh. How many more wins? 1? 2...?

CsB3nlCWYAAWB9s.jpg

No kiddin.' Jela only gets a handful of carries while Duke was ( apparently ) tryin' to set the NCAA record for quarterback draws. Some horrible decision-making by Jones on some of his throws. Forced way too many...lucky he didn't throw multiple pics today. He's young an' all. I get it. But the kid's gotta clean that up. The defense ain't stoppin' anyone either. Kicking game? Ugh. How many more wins? 1? 2...?

CsB3nlCWYAAWB9s.jpg

Tough one. OFC

The defense was bad ass in the beginning but it quickly turned terrible when the offense started sputtering

Duke will not be favored in any game the rest of the way except for maybe Army.

Also was strange not seeing Parker in there for a few downs. When is the last time Duke played an entire game using one QB?

CsB3nlCWYAAWB9s.jpg

Yeah. Just getting home from it and that was disappointing to say the least. Disappointed by the lack of fan turnout. Disappointed by the inability to score by the offense. Disgusted by the kicking game. Crucial errors at critical times. Ignored Duncan. Jones has questionable decision making all day and danced around holding the ball for too long all afternoon. Not pretty.

Also was strange not seeing Parker in there for a few downs. When is the last time Duke played an entire game using one QB?

My only guess is that Cut wanted to show Jones he had confidence in him and never felt the time was right. Personally I started looking for the switch, for at least a drive, by mid-second quarter.

It's got to frustrating for Cut and the players to come out and see the stadium only about half full. As far as the game we looked bad on defense, offensive line play, kicking, play calling need I say more. Just don't see many more wins with our schedule the rest of the way.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT