ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk a little Duke football.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Since the football board has been hacked I thought maybe we should give a little love to our football team and Coach Cut. We have a few guys who are regulars on both boards. I will post some mostly doing football season but hart, spike and some others are regulars over there also plus they have some great Duke football fans that I would like to see here so this is an open invitation for you jobe and bring the football pack with you. To tell you guys the truth I went to a lot of more Duke football games in the 60's and 70's than basketball games. Just to get it started I'm love Thomas Sirk. He's a face book friend and he will actually respond to you. He's an outstanding young man. Just the kind of young man Coach K. would recruit. He's had some injury issues but he's recovering very well from his Achilles heel injury and the coaching staff is very optimistic about him being ready for the 2016 season. Hopefully some of the football regulars will come over and add their knowledge here. They tell it like it is and many of them are just as passionate about Duke football as we are about Duke basketball. We also owe unc from last years butt kicking and for what they did to the visitors locker room in 2014 when we kicked their rear end. Talk about bush league that was pretty low but really it didn't surprise me. Fedora and a couple of other uncheat coaches paid for the repairs and then whined about the cost. Their football program is about as low as their bb program. One more thing before I close this Dsouth epic. Who remembers a few years ago when those hooslem girls whipped a couple of their big bad football players and they pressed assault charges against them . Well if you forgot I just reninded you. GO DUKE FOOTBALL, GO DUKE BASKETBALL, GO DUKE BASEBALL, GO DUKE LX, GO DUKE SOCCER, GO DUKE GOLF, GO DUKE WOMEN'S BB AND ALL WOMEN'S SPORTS. GGGOOOO DDDUUUKKKEE ATHLECTICS. I'm expecting some response and respect for Coach Cut and Duke football here or I ain't paying the bb refs no more. OFC

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Good job Sky. Been going to Duke football games since the 80's. This should be an interesting years. Good talent for Duke but also a much tougher schedule. Hopefully we will have another winning season and another bowl game with a win.
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Sirk still thinks he will be ready for the opening game. If he does that will be incredible.

Since the football board has been hacked I thought maybe we should give a little love to our football team and Coach Cut. We have a few guys who are regulars on both boards. I will post some mostly doing football season but hart, spike and some others are regulars over there also plus they have some great Duke football fans that I would like to see here so this is an open invitation for you jobe and bring the football pack with you. To tell you guys the truth I went to a lot of more Duke football games in the 60's and 70's than basketball games. Just to get it started I'm love Thomas Sirk. He's a face book friend and he will actually respond to you. He's an outstanding young man. Just the kind of young man Coach K. would recruit. He's had some injury issues but he's recovering very well from his Achilles heel injury and the coaching staff is very optimistic about him being ready for the 2016 season. Hopefully some of the football regulars will come over and add their knowledge here. They tell it like it is and many of them are just as passionate about Duke football as we are about Duke basketball. We also owe unc from last years butt kicking and for what they did to the visitors locker room in 2014 when we kicked their rear end. Talk about bush league that was pretty low but really it didn't surprise me. Fedora and a couple of other uncheat coaches paid for the repairs and then whined about the cost. Their football program is about as low as their bb program. One more thing before I close this Dsouth epic. Who remembers a few years ago when those hooslem girls whipped a couple of their big bad football players and they pressed assault charges against them . Well if you forgot I just reninded you. GO DUKE FOOTBALL, GO DUKE BASKETBALL, GO DUKE BASEBALL, GO DUKE LX, GO DUKE SOCCER, GO DUKE GOLF, GO DUKE WOMEN'S BB AND ALL WOMEN'S SPORTS. GGGOOOO DDDUUUKKKEE ATHLECTICS. I'm expecting some response and respect for Coach Cut and Duke football here or I ain't paying the bb refs no more. OFC

Unfortunately you are wrong about kicking UNC's rearend's in football in 2014. Actually they kicked our rearend's and then trashed the locker room afterward.

As I recollect the last two football games with them have not even been competitive. That really irks me.

Good post Sky...Yeah its time to beat UNC again....Last two have been embarrassing, and I was especially upset we rolled over last year...Much I think of it however can be attributed to the Miami travesty the week prior...

All in all though, 8 wins and MOST IMPORTANTLY we knocked down the "Win a Bowl Game" monkey that was closed since '61...That was SWEET!!! Tough schedule indeed this year....I will take 6, go to a bowl and run with it!! Btw, I have registered a complaint w/Rivals over the spam on the FB Board...Urge others as well!

OFC

Good post Sky...Yeah its time to beat UNC again....Last two have been embarrassing, and I was especially upset we rolled over last year...Much I think of it however can be attributed to the Miami travesty the week prior...

All in all though, 8 wins and MOST IMPORTANTLY we knocked down the "Win a Bowl Game" monkey that was closed since '61...That was SWEET!!! Tough schedule indeed this year....I will take 6, go to a bowl and run with it!! Btw, I have registered a complaint w/Rivals over the spam on the FB Board...Urge others as well!

OFC

This season is going to be tough, but in Cut I trust. I say 7 wins and a bowl game.

Reactions: harttochesson
Really hope the team has a good year. Would be nice to see Sirk run wild and throw effectively.

AS for UNC, how is someone else paying for players' liability/crime not an impermissible benefit?

Really hope the team has a good year. Would be nice to see Sirk run wild and throw effectively.

AS for UNC, how is someone else paying for players' liability/crime not an impermissible benefit?
I guess the same way that two decades of cheating is okay.

OFC

Unfortunately you are wrong about kicking UNC's rearend's in football in 2014. Actually they kicked our rearend's and then trashed the locker room afterward.

As I recollect the last two football games with them have not even been competitive. That really irks me.

You have corrected me sir. We really owe them a rear end kicking don't we. OFC

I'm excited about this year's team. If I'm not mistaken, we received commitments from 4 of the ESPN 300. I think that's incredible.

Looking forward to a great season.

Sky hard to say right now. The kid has talent but will have to work hard for a spot.

I liken the next several years to K's 83-84 years...I remember 5 years ago we had one 3 star recruit and that was Duncan. Since then we have loaded up on 3-4 star talent for the last several years, Duke will surprise a few people this year.

I know the schedule is getting tougher, but our recruiting has gotten much better in recent years. We are bigger and faster than we have ever been. My concern is with Sirk, and our QB play overall.

With all due respect to Sirk/Boone, they have taken us places we haven't been in a while, but better QB play is a MUST. We have missed on countless deep balls due to inaccuracy. QB play cost us the bowl game vs MISS St. and against Arizona St.

Duke has obviously made great progress, but I feel the overall progress of the program has been somewhat stunted by the lack of quality QB play. With better QB play in the recent past, Duke has at least 2 more bowl wins and the program would be on even bigger upswing.

Other than that, Id like to see a defense that just stops opponents rather than waiting for them to stop themselves. Duke has done well with the "bend but don't break" approach on defense, but it has cost us too. We still get beat deep way too often, and we are prone to given up big runs. Gotta shore that up to sustain the success we want to see.

Have to disagree on our size. We will have one of the smallest offensive lines we have had in a while. Very few 300 pounders on the whole roster and not very experienced.
OFC

Last edited:
Four star qb Jack Sears from California plans to make his decision this month. It's down to Duke, UCLA, USC and Utah. He is rated the #11 overall qb and #1 qb in California. Keep your fingers crossed that he picks Duke.
OFC

Four star qb Jack Sears from California plans to make his decision this month. It's down to Duke, UCLA, USC and Utah. He is rated the #11 overall qb and #1 qb in California. Keep your fingers crossed that he picks Duke.
OFC
#1 qb in California....Brings back memories of a guy named Bennett!!! He could sling it!!

OFC

OFC

Don't like our chances with this one.

Talked to a friend who said Sirk has been running sprints and looking very comfortable doing it.

I really would love o see him have a healthy and awesome senior season. He was pretty highly regarded coming in as a freshman that I recall and I know he has something to prove. If any Duke player deserves our support it's him. The injuries have just taken over his career. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT