ADVERTISEMENT

Keels

Jordan was not a quality point guard. He defended, true; but poor shooter, below average passer for a PG. If we cannot get someone in better than Jordan and if Roach dos not show significant improvement, Duke will struggle.

OFC

Jordan gave us his all for four years and I for one would've loved to have him back. He was in a position where he was having to do a little too much this past season because there were times when Roach just didn't have it. I do think that changes for Roach in the upcoming season. We're going to miss Jordan's leadership and defense in the backcourt next season.

Right now Duke has a 6 man rotation. There is 25 minutes a game waiting for the right guy, who if good enough to earn those minutes or more, makes Duke a top title contender. How is that not a great situation?

Jordan gave us his all for four years and I for one would've loved to have him back. He was in a position where he was having to do a little too much this past season because there were times when Roach just didn't have it. I do think that changes for Roach in the upcoming season. We're going to miss Jordan's leadership and defense in the backcourt next season.
Agreed, if all we will have is Jordan and Roach. A good defender is better than no defender at all. But so what? The Kid tried hard, gave it his best, but he had very limited talent. If we can't fill his spot with someone with true PG capability, it is going to be a tough year. Would be glad to have him back as a pest on defense, but that is it.

Right now Duke has a 6 man rotation. There is 25 minutes a game waiting for the right guy, who if good enough to earn those minutes or more, makes Duke a top title contender. How is that not a great situation?

Where are you getting this 6 man rotation from?

Don’t we have Roach, Williams, Moore, Baker and Coleman returning? And then Keels, Griffin and Banchero coming in? That’s 8 right there. Baker and Coleman are 7-8 but they still could get PT and may be necessary .

I don’t want to cause Coleman to transfer so hopefully K will give him minutes.

I am fine with a strong veteran coming in the transfer portal but hopefully he doesn’t become another Tape. Glad Tape was given another year of eligibility bec he should not have come to Duke given how little PT he got. Not even sure why we pursued him.

I was basing the 6 man rotation on last year's performance of returning guys and reasonable expectations for the freshmen. Sure, things could finally click with Joey and or Coleman could make a bigger than expected jump, which we all would love. But, as of right now, if I am a good to very good transfer, I am thinking I can get 25 minutes a game unless we bring in multiple high rated transfers.

With luck, he is a stronger, better shooting version of Casius, maybe without some of the more spectacular dunks.

Reactions: christophero
Whether it's coincidental or not, the GOAT saw his team get manhandled last year, and fixed the problem in one season. No one is pushing around John (whom I really liked last year at Marquette), Keels, Griffin, Banchero and a bigger and stronger Williams. Hope Roach is a lot bigger too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT