ADVERTISEMENT

Keels

Baldwin is starting if he comes. No doubt. Still think he ends up with his dad though and I can’t blame him one bit for doing so.
Even coming off of injury? I would think the reason he comes is because the best medical staff and not having to produce right away while getting in game shape and being able to showcase his talent on national tv would be the reason but then again these are kids.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Even coming off of injury? I would think the reason he comes is because the best medical staff and not having to produce right away while getting in game shape and being able to showcase his talent on national tv would be the reason but then again these are kids.
He wouldn’t be the first Kid who did that either with us.

Reactions: sheyduke
First off, Keels' words not mine. Maybe he has inside info that Mark, Wendel, and DJ are returning, or, someone else is coming.
Personally, I think we need DJ and especially Roach to make significant strides on both sides of the ball for us not to waste a potentially dominating frontcourt. In the end, we will see.

Last edited:
See your point but it’ll be almost a year since his injury when the season starts. Just seems to be a trend that when kids have the opportunity to play for their dad they usually do. Hope I’m wrong because he’s a hell of a player and seems like a good kid.

Reactions: sheyduke
If Hurt returned DJ may have come off the bench this year. That is the only way this even makes a tiny bit of sense. But I'm not holding my breath. Or he thought Keels would start over him. But even then a transfer would make more sense. I do wish him well.

Last edited:
This is awesome news! Still hard to get excited thinking no one will be there for more than 1 year but it’s still good news nonetheless lol.

I'm not worried about him being one and done. And I refuse to let DJ's ridiculous decision take anything away from this. Huge pick up! We have three MEN coming next year. These dudes will be ready to go.
They are all men physically.

Looking like a good in coming class.

I just watched a video of Keels. Wow. He looks like a pro and dunks with ease. Steward would look like a little kid next to him. I'm impressed. Trent like. I realize it might not happen but Keels could be an upgrade over Steward. He will be a better defender and make us more physical, if not quite be the scorer Steward was. One scouting video compared him to a smaller Paul Pierce. Not super athletic but physical.

Last edited:
Would Keels have come if DJ stayed? Did Keels scare off DJ? Is Hurt returning? Inquiring minds want to know. A good day after a bad week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT