ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Baker Season Review

With AOC out of the equation, Joey is a necessity this season instead of a luxury. Were gonna really need his shooting off the bench. Our best player, Johnson, isn't a shooter. I love Wendell, but he will never be a knockdown shooter either.

I love the confidence he plays with, I think it really helps his 3 point shooting. Like Hurt I don't expect him to ever be an elite defender. However, unlike Hurt, Joey does a very poor job of playing good position defense, he commits a lot of dumb fouls because he gambles and is out of position. I hope now that he's a junior this changes.

I hope he has built more confidence in the offseason. I think he will have a solid Junior season. I think he's going to battle K's short leash at points thru the season, but there are going to be games where he puts up 18 points, 4 for 5 from 3, and he will make us look really good.

Then Baker comes back for a really solid Senior captain season!

With AOC out of the equation, Joey is a necessity this season instead of a luxury. Were gonna really need his shooting off the bench. Our best player, Johnson, isn't a shooter. I love Wendell, but he will never be a knockdown shooter either.

I love the confidence he plays with, I think it really helps his 3 point shooting. Like Hurt I don't expect him to ever be an elite defender. However, unlike Hurt, Joey does a very poor job of playing good position defense, he commits a lot of dumb fouls because he gambles and is out of position. I hope now that he's a junior this changes.

Joey definitely needs to improve his defensive awareness and decision making. Duke really needs his shooting as you mentioned, but he will have to at least become a competent defender to earn more minutes.

It's definitely a make or break season for him just as it was for Alex last year. He needs his shot to fall consistently.

Reactions: BlueDevilStop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT