ADVERTISEMENT

Friday games thread

I have zero interest in playing UNC. Even if we beat them again this season, the emotional toll it would take on EITHER team would almost doom either team in the finals. Its not just a game, it's Duke/UNC.
It would be the highest rated college basketball game ever. You know the NCAA and CBS wants it

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
It would alter the rivalry forever.

if UNC lost with a first year head coach and a lower ranking it would be expected.

if they knock K out at home and then in the final four and end his career….it would last forever Duke could win the next fifty games and it wouldn’t matter….it would be program defining forever.

you think that much pressure on this group and they will respond positively to it? We already saw how they respond to it last time….

It’s the worst possible team we could play if we get to the final four. It would also be the most pressure these kids have ever had….bar none.
We rarely are in agreement, but I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Extremely average yet going to the FF. Oh yea and they beat Duke in Cameron lol. They’re not the best team of the decade but they’re the best team remaining in their bracket. If Duke gets by tomo, they’ll have their hands full with the Cheats.

Same team Duke blew out in the nose dome...🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Same players not the same team. Say what you want but Hubert has coached the hell out of them and they are rolling. They are significantly different than the team we blew out….They are much closer to the team that throttled us at Cameron.
Dumb take….and this isn’t the only dumb take here by any means.

Duke easily wins against Arkansas and throttles UNC in the rematch. Stop being a *****. That goes for all of you halfway fans.

Have faith in your team.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44

Duke easily wins against Arkansas and throttles UNC in the rematch. Stop being a *****. That goes for all of you halfway fans.

Have faith in your team.
We know you?

Have faith in your team.
You really think we easily beat Arkansas and throttled UNC? I certainly hope you're right. I just don't think it will be easy tomorrow AT ALL.

Have faith in your team.
Uhhh... No. Not a dumb take. More like a reasonable take

You really think we easily beat Arkansas and throttled UNC? I certainly hope you're right. I just don't think it will be easy tomorrow AT ALL.
I do. I think this team has turned the corner and I think we should be the favorite to win this tournament. I like what I see and I think this team can bring it home.

I do. I think this team has turned the corner and I think we should be the favorite to win this tournament. I like what I see and I think this team can bring it home.
I hope you're right. I can't stomach the thought of losing tomorrow and watching Carolina cut the nets down. No way St. Peter's beats Carolina.

I hope you're right. I can't stomach the thought of losing tomorrow and watching Carolina cut the nets down. No way St. Peter's beats Carolina.
Who knows though, St. Peter’s may beat them but if Duke plays like they did last night it doesn’t matter.

That Duke team is good enough to cut down the nets regardless of who they play in the F4 or the NC.

Duke is the best team left in the tournament.

This team has made me a believer and I’m tired of pretending that these other teams are even close.

Who knows though, St. Peter’s may beat them but if Duke plays like they did last night it doesn’t matter.

That Duke team is good enough to cut down the nets regardless of who they play in the F4 or the NC.

Duke is the best team left in the tournament.

This team has made me a believer and I’m tired of pretending that these other teams are even close.
I think Houston has been the best team in the tournament. I love our boys in blue. But Houston has looked unbelievably great in their first three games.

You need to go hide in the corner and hope Duke somehow can get past Arkansas and one of the worst Carolina teams in awhile.
I hope, for your sake, you were drunk when you were typing these posts.....

This is the most unlikable group Carolina has had in a while. Just a collection of douchebags.
bleed it really is. Usually I find 2-3 to really hate, but I have four I truly detest this year. Year in, year out I have never seen such a group of entitled jerks, 90% of time shaking their heads or smiling sarcastically at foul calls vs them. Then invariably, they look up at jumbotron for validation. Bacot??? Dean's List? Yeah let's see that transcript. Don't even get me started on Davis, Love, and Manek.....I'd be banned-

OFC

I think St.Peters matches up well with UNC . They also have the type of guard play to run with Davis and Love. I don’t think it will be a twenty point beat down like some think . I’m even on board with UNC heading home after this game .
the only real difference is Manik but St.Pete has their pf who is fast and lanky the type of player who fights through ball screens . Attack Bacot and make manik defend a guard and this game is close .

It would alter the rivalry forever.

if UNC lost with a first year head coach and a lower ranking it would be expected.

if they knock K out at home and then in the final four and end his career….it would last forever Duke could win the next fifty games and it wouldn’t matter….it would be program defining forever.

you think that much pressure on this group and they will respond positively to it? We already saw how they respond to it last time….

It’s the worst possible team we could play if we get to the final four. It would also be the most pressure these kids have ever had….bar none.
It would potentially be that.

I think what would make it so bad is that it would be a week between the elite eight games and the final four. So the media would be having a feeding frenzy on the matchup and how important it would be and
hyping it beyond what it really is, just a basketball game.

I would hate it. I might die of a heart attack watching the game. Or have to turn it off.

But I think the key for Duke would be for K to get his players psychologically ready. Those players would have to play with some anger over having lost to UNC prior game. And simply think about beating the team on the court that they are playing, players they all likely know fairly well from high school summer leagues and just being in the same area. K has to let them see it as just a basketball game and go out and beat them.

The problem I think is that UNC has a couple of players who shoot the three so well. I can’t abide them but I really think they are going to win the whole thing and it pains me to no end to think about that. But few on earth would be happier than me to be completely wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT