ADVERTISEMENT

Friday games thread

^This. When we had a little problem guarding the last couple games we dropped into the zone. Luckily the last couple teams we played couldn't shoot well from the outside. This won't work against the Cheats. Hopefully we can make some adjustment
You don’t need to go full zone just a modified zone. I would send Moore on Love and Roach and Keels switch out on Davis . Black is going to guard AJ and now that leaves Paolo on Manik with Moore switching off on to him and AJ to love . Leave Mark in the freaking Paint. Bacot isn’t going to shoot every possession !

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
K’s saying right now forget the first game forget the last game this is a new game we beat them they beat us now let’s see who wins and forget all the extra shit!

I stay in NC . In the biggest county . I’m not worried about their fans half of them only know the name tar heel . Y’all be scared I’m not . This ain’t the same team that lost to UNC or Va Tech .
Most fans that know anything don’t want to play them for the reasons mentioned. I know we can beat them, but they can beat us too. It’s also for a different level of bragging right.

I’d love nothing more than curb stomping them, but the anticipation for this game, and how it will be after if they win, is a chance I’d rather not take.

It’s why I wasn’t happy when they upset Kentucky. This is why.

Of course ST peters plays their worst game of the tourney 😂 ice cold can’t make a layup …

Its good that Schyer is getting final four experience as an assistant coach. Also, Theo John is in the final four. I would tell every transfer we recruit that.

I just think the winner of the game would be so emotionally drained, that KU (IMO) would be INCREDIBLY hard to beat. I mean, UNC/DUKE in the final four... in K's last season.... You can't make that sh*t up. That being said, I'm in Houston and will drive 5 hours to NO if I can find a decent ticket....

I can’t understand how Manek is open all the time…I mean you can’t help off him. How hard is that?

Reactions: geddoughton23
I just think the winner of the game would be so emotionally drained, that KU (IMO) would be INCREDIBLY hard to beat. I mean, UNC/DUKE in the final four... in K's last season.... You can't make that sh*t up.
That doesn’t worry me. K ran that rodeo once having to take down UNLV…he knows what to do.

Guarding them is my only worry….How do we guard them?

Reactions: springsportster
I ain’t gonna spend the next week worrying about losing to those thug asses. I’m gonna enjoy the week and watch Duke pay those cheaters back

That doesn’t worry me. K ran that rodeo once having to take down UNLV…he knows what to do.

Man.... It could be epic. K's first title was against Kansas. His last title too? That's crazy. Both KU and UNC would be hard to guard lol. That's how I became a Duke fan in 1991 when I was 10. Watching "Duke is King" on VHS, beating UNLV then Kansas.

They better learn how to guard the pick and roll, they destroyed us with that in Cameron. Gotta stop getting mark isolated

Davis let roach get him, Moore stay on love , Leaky on AJ .
My main concern is for Mark to stay in the paint don’t get pulled out . Paolo and Griffin switch on Manik.

St. Peter's game is to slow things down. Being down so much put them at a huge disadvantage because they dont have the firepower

the only way they were going to win was by grinding it out

One key that has helped St. Pete. Make Love the primary ball handler .

Finally they call an illegal screen on Bacot when it's a20 point lead. Did that a bunch times against UCLA with no calls at all

Reactions: sheyduke
Come on Saturday.

in all honesty if I’m K I look at Blake’s, Baker and Jones tell them,” I know y’all haven’t played but I just want you every time you get in to play tough nose defense . You got five fouls use them .

Last edited:
I am glad UNC beat us the last time we played. They won't have a repeat performance twice in a row. They may win or they may lose, but if they win, not by as much. It will be a dog fight.

Reactions: sheyduke
We need to stop with this weak crap. Yes, it will be a challenge, but our players will absolutely not be scared. Neither will our coach. We are the best team remaining in this tournament. Period.
Also Duke doesn’t have the pressure UNC has. They have to repeat what they did in Cameron Duke just has to keep playing like Duke !!!

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
We need to stop with this weak crap. Yes, it will be a challenge, but our players will absolutely not be scared. Neither will our coach. We are the best team remaining in this tournament. Period.
Thank you! It will be a challenge for them also! The anger is on our side. We want payback

I hope the Cheater spend all week listening to how great they are suing and Caleb Love spends all week thinking he’s a great shooter.

Also Duke doesn’t have the pressure UNC has. They have to repeat what they did in Cameron Duke just has to keep playing like Duke !!!
Duke gets to spend another week stewing on that loss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT