ADVERTISEMENT

Friday games thread

It would potentially be that.

I think what would make it so bad is that it would be a week between the elite eight games and the final four. So the media would be having a feeding frenzy on the matchup and how important it would be and
hyping it beyond what it really is, just a basketball game.

I would hate it. I might die of a heart attack watching the game. Or have to turn it off.

But I think the key for Duke would be for K to get his players psychologically ready. Those players would have to play with some anger over having lost to UNC prior game. And simply think about beating the team on the court that they are playing, players they all likely know fairly well from high school summer leagues and just being in the same area. K has to let them see it as just a basketball game and go out and beat them.

The problem I think is that UNC has a couple of players who shoot the three so well. I can’t abide them but I really think they are going to win the whole thing and it pains me to no end to think about that. But few on earth would be happier than me to be completely wrong.
I actually think the third time would be to much for UNC . Manik is key for UNC. He opens up the offense and makes his defender have to stay with him because when he gets open he’s not missing .
love played out of his mind last night but IF we should meet in the final four it will be a dog fight . UNC is no different then Duke . Their starting five is their success and for Duke to win we would need keels and Johns to bring their A game off the bench but I’m not worried about UNC .

Reactions: pisgah101
UCLA's 2 best players were 0 for 12 down the stretch, that ain't getting it done.

Matt Painter has been building teams to play in the slow Big 10 for years. It gets him to the Sweet 16 all the time but if he wants to get further he's got to ditch the glacially slow centers and get some quickness in his lineup.

Also his motion offense is nice to watch but if I were coaching Ivey I'd want him isolated every time down the court. When he doesn't touch the ball on any possession it's a gift to the opponent.

Reactions: christophero
UCLA's Jaquez Jr was 5-18 and not close on a lot of those...they kept going to him and it was obvious he was not having a good night...that killed UCLA

UNC really didn’t guard them much the first 30 minutes. UCLA mostly had uncontested shots almost all game. They just missed them in the last 10 minutes. Maybe St. Peter’s won’t miss as many.

Jay Wright should get a raise. What a great job he's done. Are there any pros on that team?
Agree. He's done so much with less talent than most programs every year. Not sure about pros but Gillespie can possibly make it just for his decision making. I mean Peyton Pritchard made it so why not Gillespie

Reactions: christophero
Refs calling flagrant one on a routine box out....I'd like to see Miami and St Peters win so that the programs that should be on probation dont get to the final 4

If Waardenburg is hitting his outside shot, Miami Is hard to beat. He opens up the floor so much

Wow Miami up 6. If Maimi and St. Peter's win we'd be the favorite to win it all.

The ACC can have 3 teams in the final four …pretty good for a “weak conference. I don’t think it’s ever happened …Miami will win and the Turds will screw it up to my pleasure lol

the 23% 3pt shooter for Miami seems to think now is the time to shoot those 3's

Adjustments. Self made them at halftime, and his players have responded. What ever Laranaga said, went in one ear and out the other.

Unless something changes soon, Miami is a boat sinking.

Miami had a good run but they are fading fast. We did catch a break with Gonzaga losing. Not saying we couldn't have beaten them, but Arkansas was not as good as the MSU and Kansas teams we faced in the EE.

Miami seems to play street ball. Nothing organized at all. Bunch of one on ones. Shots were falling in the first half but now they look terrible

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT