ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I feel like giving UNC the list but they must know it already. Hanging there Hat on their lousy recruiting and not getting any FBI probe players except Nas. But his father signed a letter saying it was the AAU coach shopping him, not the family. That’s the new standard now when a crime is committed. You sign a letter saying you didn’t do it and it goes away.

Reactions: skysdad
No "hint" of a scandal, like. oh say, your star player on your National Championship team waving his Straight A, Dean's list transcript around like the 10 Commandments on National TV claiming he never attended a single class?

Beaver2345UNC
  • (16)
  • 69 months
3 hours ago via Mobile
Is there another program in the country you would rather be a fan of? I must be missing something. Roy runs his program squeaky clean, no signs of cheating or anything close to it. Roy brings in men of high character and class. He’s also starting to graduate more player than ever before. And he’s also WINNING... maybe i’m in the minority, but what are we really actually complaining about here..

UNC still living in denial

What’s outstanding about this post is how he says it with such conviction. You’d think he was a parody poster.

Dude, Gary7 , how do they put up with his ass over there. During recruiting discussions he tosses out commands and comments like he literally flys with the coaching staff on recruit visits. Acts like he has all this info, and LITERALLY, gets it wrong every time. Gary, if you lurk over here and are reading this, you are hands down the dumbest MFR I have ever had to encounter on a message board.

Dude, Gary7 , how do they put up with his ass over there. During recruiting discussions he tosses out commands and comments like he literally flys with the coaching staff on recruit visits. Acts like he has all this info, and LITERALLY, gets it wrong every time. Gary, if you lurk over here and are reading this, you are hands down the dumbest MFR I have ever had to encounter on a message board.

I still think it's DSouthr. He'll always be my favorite. Stupidity knows no bounds with that guy.

Beaver2345UNC
  • Is there another program in the country you would rather be a fan of? I must be missing something. Roy runs his program squeaky clean, no signs of cheating or anything close to it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: dbav

Thing is a lot of them believe in him and look up to him. He's definitely their leader. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Saw this gem posted by strummingram

“Irving, Rivers, Parker, Ohkafor, Winslow, Jones, Ingram, Tatum, Jackson, Giles, Bagley, Trent Jr, Carter Jr, Jones, Williamson, Barrett, Reddish. 17 players in 4 years”

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Wow...take a look at this thread at THR! When you can spout this chit, knowing what they all know deep down...you're special. And of course they are.

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/congratulations-to-rj-zion-and-cameron.66889/

OFC

The amusing part of that thread is any time they criticize K and Duke for recruiting OADs or having a lot of them. The average UNC fan is literally not intelligent enough to know their own team's recruiting and who Roy goes after. He was either the last home visit for Zion or one of the final 3 schools right before he committed to Duke.

I was in a debate in the last couple of years and this subject was brought up and I researched it and Roy actually tries recruiting nearly every single player Duke has recruited over the last 3-5 years. I have since found two articles where Roy is quoted saying that he wants these players and would drop everything to go meet with one of them if they were interested. In one article he actually named guys from as far back as Jabari Parker and just named guys from his class, the 2015 championship class and even more recent saying he'd take any one of them.

They don't understand that the problem isn't that Roy doesn't WANT to recruit OADs. The problem is that he tries as hard as possible to get them, but they all figuratively and in some cases literally tell him no. If these top recruits actually believed in Roy as a coach, UNC would be right there with us in having multiple OADs on their team.

The amusing part of that thread is any time they criticize K and Duke for recruiting OADs or having a lot of them. The average UNC fan is literally not intelligent enough to know their own team's recruiting and who Roy goes after. He was either the last home visit for Zion or one of the final 3 schools right before he committed to Duke.

I was in a debate in the last couple of years and this subject was brought up and I researched it and Roy actually tries recruiting nearly every single player Duke has recruited over the last 3-5 years. I have since found two articles where Roy is quoted saying that he wants these players and would drop everything to go meet with one of them if they were interested. In one article he actually named guys from as far back as Jabari Parker and just named guys from his class, the 2015 championship class and even more recent saying he'd take any one of them.

They don't understand that the problem isn't that Roy doesn't WANT to recruit OADs. The problem is that he tries as hard as possible to get them, but they all figuratively and in some cases literally tell him no. If these top recruits actually believed in Roy as a coach, UNC would be right there with us in having multiple OADs on their team.

NO DOUBT MIKE!!!

OFC

Bingo. It’s like saying i choose not to win the lottery. Sure i play the lottery but i don’t want to be rich and have to deal with rich people problems.

Reactions: skysdad
From the thread ODD posted.

How do you know those guys don't stay multiple years at UNC?

^^^Referring to Roy recruiting 2019 OAD players. This one is probably true. No one turns top prospects into 4 year second round draft picks like ol Roy.

id be surprised if any of these guys have ever been to a class ..

This one....

giphy.gif

They are always talking chit about what a clean program Roy runs, how he doesn’t allow misbehaving by players, how great of an academic school they are, how Roydoesn’t recruit one and dones (he does recruit them they just don’t sign with Roy because they don’t want to stay there 3 or 4 years, how they are such a fine family full of dignity. The truth is they are none of these things but for the life of us we just can’t understand it except they have convinced themselves how much better they are than anyone else. They are the laughing stock of the whole college basketball world. Integrity and clean my ass Roy.

Remember all of the druggies around Roy’s program? Guys getting caught dealing, guys getting caught in the coaches house? How about those rentals from Fats, a known pimp and criminal? Or Tyler’s Mom getting a 300k job, ****ing her boss, and getting flown around the country to both Tyler’s games and his brothers? PJ with his gun? It even went on on a lower level... remember the mouth guards?:) And of course spanning it all is the biggest cheating scandal in history, which has already been straight admitted to by several people involved, and supported by nearly every piece of evidence we’ve managed to uncover.

That place is an inbred, corrupt, cesspool, enabled by an entire states worth of connected people. **** them.

But K dumbs down his system and Roy refuses to do that, so even though they recruit the same exact players, it’s because Roy won’t cater to freshmen the way K cowers to their every need. They’re a special group. It’s ironic bc it’s the same group who bashes K for having the audacity to do whatever it takes to pad his win totals. So he caters to these OADs and dumbs down his system bc they’re too stupid to get it, wouldn’t that eventually cost him the wins he so desperately covets to pad his total? Also, could have sworn that Roy and Ks jobs are to win games. Foolish of me i know.

I truly hope I do not become dumber by being surrounded by Kentucky and North Carolina fans on Saturday afternoon/evening. Talk about being surrounded by people who have no class and by people who are known for not attending class.

Remember all of the druggies around Roy’s program? Guys getting caught dealing, guys getting caught in the coaches house? How about those rentals from Fats, a known pimp and criminal? Or Tyler’s Mom getting a 300k job, ****ing her boss, and getting flown around the country to both Tyler’s games and his brothers? PJ with his gun? It even went on on a lower level... remember the mouth guards?:) And of course spanning it all is the biggest cheating scandal in history, which has already been straight admitted to by several people involved, and supported by nearly every piece of evidence we’ve managed to uncover.

That place is an inbred, corrupt, cesspool, enabled by an entire states worth of connected people. **** them.

Yep, all true...there is even a board game that documents all the above.

tbB4YTx.jpg

OFC

OFC

Any board member who doesn't like this one is banned. You all have 48 hours.

Haha, now DJ that's an endorsement!

I think dirt is a genius. OFC

Thanks, Sky, but I don't think I quite make it there:D, but I did put a little more effort into this one than usual.

OH MY GOD ! EPIC EPIC EPIC ! YOU RULE THIS BOARD OAD, THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

Thanks, Show, don't know 'bout that ruling the board stuff, but I try to do my part to help us have a little fun with our neighbors down the road.:)

OFC

Haha, now DJ that's an endorsement!

Thanks, Sky, but I don't think I quite make it there:D, but I did put a little more effort into this one than usual.

Thanks, Show, don't know 'bout that ruling the board stuff, but I try to do my part to help us have a little fun with our neighbors down the road.:)

OFC
OAD, your IQ is at least doubles mine. I always enjoy seeing what you're going to post next.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT