ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I thought he was admitting that Gary was the same person as Flatarheel. Which everyone has known for awhile.

Even the UNC fans figured that out quickly.

That's a question for frankthetarheel I believe. OFC

We need to revive this thread....UNC fans are saying some pretty stupid (and funny) stuff at THR right now. They're really, really butthurt about the offer we extended to Wendell Moore. A week ago Moore appeared to have 'ugly' blue written all over him....then his dream school --- Duke --- offered. It has changed things some....so much, in fact, many are starting to think that Duke has taken the lead in this recruitment. Here's a few funny quotes from our friends....

CarolinaMagic
“Could Dook be anymore predictable? Moore tells everyone his recruitment is winding down and he's likely headed to Chapel Hill and low and behold Dook makes him an offer. Old Roy is giving them a complex.”

Dadika
“Wait....K really offered Moore while he was at our late night? He would REALLY stoop that low?
NCAA mess being cleared has them SHOOOOK”

Archer
“It does. Just a five minute visit to DI will demonstrate just how much. The LOM hasn't even been recruiting Moore hard but he would take him in a NY minute if it meant stealing him from UNC, especially since Roy has prioritized Moore.
Typical bush league tactics, something I've come to expect from the LOM and his teams.
I don't think Krazywhiskey really wants Moore as much as he wants to keep him from coming to UNC. I would hope Moore realizes that Roy is much more interested in him than K is.”

Keysersosay
“This smacks of Vader just trying to screw us .Kid would likely join the HUGE list of transfers AWAY from that hell hole.”

UNCPSUFAN
“We are done with Moore and vice versa. Coach prioritized him for a long period of time and is not going to get jilted again. Bank on us prioritizing some others in that class and more offers. He can have fun being recruited over at Dook and being a bench warmer.”

Steat
“The Wendell Moore ship has sailed. The kid abused Roy.
Take this as a rumor and treat it as such. My source ( a well connected Ram member) says Moore gave Roy a silent verbal and reneged on it after getting the Duke offer.”

HeelzLover
“If a kid has been prioritized by our coaching staff and then decides to hold off for a school that hasn't prioritized him, then I say screw him. We don't need anyone like that.”

Honestly, I forgot how much I missed der keyser. Everything he brings to a conversation is pure gold.

I don't know who Moore is, but now I want him to go somewhere other than one of us just to see what would happen.

We need to revive this thread....UNC fans are saying some pretty stupid (and funny) stuff at THR right now. They're really, really butthurt about the offer we extended to Wendell Moore. A week ago Moore appeared to have 'ugly' blue written all over him....then his dream school --- Duke --- offered. It has changed things some....so much, in fact, many are starting to think that Duke has taken the lead in this recruitment. Here's a few funny quotes from our friends....

CarolinaMagic
“Could Dook be anymore predictable? Moore tells everyone his recruitment is winding down and he's likely headed to Chapel Hill and low and behold Dook makes him an offer. Old Roy is giving them a complex.”

Dadika
“Wait....K really offered Moore while he was at our late night? He would REALLY stoop that low?
NCAA mess being cleared has them SHOOOOK”

Archer
“It does. Just a five minute visit to DI will demonstrate just how much. The LOM hasn't even been recruiting Moore hard but he would take him in a NY minute if it meant stealing him from UNC, especially since Roy has prioritized Moore.
Typical bush league tactics, something I've come to expect from the LOM and his teams.
I don't think Krazywhiskey really wants Moore as much as he wants to keep him from coming to UNC. I would hope Moore realizes that Roy is much more interested in him than K is.”

Keysersosay
“This smacks of Vader just trying to screw us .Kid would likely join the HUGE list of transfers AWAY from that hell hole.”

UNCPSUFAN
“We are done with Moore and vice versa. Coach prioritized him for a long period of time and is not going to get jilted again. Bank on us prioritizing some others in that class and more offers. He can have fun being recruited over at Dook and being a bench warmer.”

Steat
“The Wendell Moore ship has sailed. The kid abused Roy.
Take this as a rumor and treat it as such. My source ( a well connected Ram member) says Moore gave Roy a silent verbal and reneged on it after getting the Duke offer.”

HeelzLover
“If a kid has been prioritized by our coaching staff and then decides to hold off for a school that hasn't prioritized him, then I say screw him. We don't need anyone like that.”

Lol!!!! Awesome. Always love the "recruited over" by these clowns too. Ha haaaa.

From the "At least we ain't dook" thread at THR. Not juvenile at all.....

"We didn't get Days, but let's be thankful for what we got: 1. we ain't dook!
2. We got the best Coach and recruiter in the business
3. We run a clean program, per NCAA rule;
4. We're the current national champs;
5. We're loaded with deep, young talent enough to make another deep run in NCAA;
6. Coach Roy doesn't eat quiche like a stinkin' rat in derm;
7. We live, work and play on the most beautiful campus in the South;
8. Our Great God is a Tar Heel, for He made the sky Carolina Blue!!!
9. And, since it's always better with God, we can look forward to players better Than Mr. Days, like Mr. Moore or Mr. Bacot or even Mr. Hurt.

Heels Rule ...Heels are. Champs

dook sux, duck fook ... Rat eats quiche!!!"

1 Heelswin, Saturday at 1:07 AM

"Well in fairness to K, this shoe company steering of players is all about the model being broken. You see the rules are broken so much that many coaches didn't know that players being paid to play for certain schools was against NCAA rules (really, the media is actually trying to sell us that :).

It is like K has always believed, if all his players foul at the same time then did anyone really foul? If K and several other coaches at big time programs all have players paid to play for them then the problem is not what they are doing but more that there may be a rule against it?

It works like this, because a kid wants money and folks are willing to give them some to play for certain programs and it helps programs like Ks big time dominate recruiting, because it allows him to grab multiple top 10 players year after year, but there is a NCAA rule then the problem is the existence of the rule, not the breaking of it? It is as K says, the NCAA trying to fit square pegs in to round holes and all K is doing is rounding a few simple edges off so they fit better, what is the harm in that...I mean other than it being against the core NCAA rules..."

3 DSouthr, Saturday at 8:36 AM

soap new and improved:
"Brilliant post David. Kudos!"

Heelswin:
"Honest. Posters on here hate his sorry rats ass. Let's instead whip his stinkin butt 10 x 10! I wouldn't give him or his team one damn inch!"

Clowns at RR going crazy over that weird thing Grayson and the team did. Still, they get a little opening and go waaaay over the top with hyperbole and exaggeration.

"I wouldn't have wanted Marvin Douchebag Bagley at UK. The arguable #1 recruit in the country jumping around to a girly song like a little sissy. Now I know why he went there. That and the fact that's the only place he would have been ruled eligible. He's a Dukie, through and through. Duke is the definition of SOFT and always has been. (Remember those two bolded words, Dukies, because that's what Duke is gonna be after K is gone). That's a big reason why, IMO, UK is a matchup nightmare for these Duke teams (SOFT). All things being equal, we would have thumped them in 2010 and in 2015. What a bunch of pussies. :uzi:"

It's funny....everyone knows UNC was cheating for two decades. Everyone. The evidence is plain as day, but they got off on a technicality. Good for them.

But what is really funny? 1) The Heels fans acting holier than thou like nothing ever happened, and 2) having the audacity to suggest they know that Duke is cheating by paying players.

You really can't make it up....no matter how hard you try.

It's funny....everyone knows UNC was cheating for two decades. Everyone. The evidence is plain as day, but they got off on a technicality. Good for them.

But what is really funny? 1) The Heels fans acting holier than thou like nothing ever happened, and 2) having the audacity to suggest they know that Duke is cheating by paying players.

Kool-Ade in that Well is powerful stuff..Don't blame K for never dining in Chapel Hole.

OFC

Meanwhile while they are speaking in definitive terms of how they know Duke is cheating, they talk about how Roy would never in a million years even play that game. The same guy that claimed he had no clue anything like that even existed.

5 TPFKAPFS, Saturday at 11:09 AM

And one from gary posing with one of his aliases...

"I have said this before, and I will repeat it. UNC basketball does not pay guys to play here.
Not under Dean, Gut, the tough years with Matt, and now with RW.

DOES NOT happen folks!"

6 FlaTarHeel, Saturday at 12:23 PM

How would anyone know that? I wonder if Duke has ever paid a player. I'm not so naive to think that it wouldn't happen. Most coaches agree that these athletes deserve compensation beyond tuition, even if they won't admit it.

If you want to clean up college sports, you have to get the money out. These endorsement/apparel deals and extremely high salaries mean that people will be getting paid under the table. It's easily worth the risk. If you put restrictions on salaries and shoe contracts, you'd see real amateur sports again. The people that would be responsible for making this kind of change would lose tons of cash, so not gonna happen

I don’t believe for a second that Duke is paying players- they don’t have to. Now it is common knowledge and has been exposed in the FBI investigation how much the shoe companies play a part in this. My question is- what is stopping them from pushing a kid to UNC, UK or Duke? They’re the top three Nike brands right? Why would they “only” push to Duke or UK and say screw the other mega brand in UNC? Makes zero sense.

Yep, the Tar Heels are clean as a whistle, well, maybe not a whistle.

Roy%20Williams%20Squeaky%20Clean2.jpg

OFC

I don’t believe for a second that Duke is paying players- they don’t have to. Now it is common knowledge and has been exposed in the FBI investigation how much the shoe companies play a part in this. My question is- what is stopping them from pushing a kid to UNC, UK or Duke? They’re the top three Nike brands right? Why would they “only” push to Duke or UK and say screw the other mega brand in UNC? Makes zero sense.
I'm not saying Duke does or doesn't, but I do wonder if it has ever happened. It's the kind of investment that easily pays back 10 fold (unless you get busted). Giving 100K to a player's family means millions for Duke in apparel and fan interest. There are measurable boosts to Duke's application pool in years following a basketball title. Even if that means an extra 3000 applications, at $85 a piece, that's a quarter million bucks off of popularity alone, enough to pay two top players. Private donations after a title dwarf that number. The advertising value is immeasurable. When you look at the numbers, it's very easy to imagine cash changing hands. Part of the "brotherhood" might be an understanding that Duke looks out for its assets. I don't look at it as "shady." I think it is equitable to pay these kids and their families given how much they earn for the school and its business partners.

I'm not saying Duke does or doesn't, but I do wonder if it has ever happened. It's the kind of investment that easily pays back 10 fold (unless you get busted). Giving 100K to a player's family means millions for Duke in apparel and fan interest. There are measurable boosts to Duke's application pool in years following a basketball title. Even if that means an extra 3000 applications, at $85 a piece, that's a quarter million bucks off of popularity alone, enough to pay two top players. Private donations after a title dwarf that number. The advertising value is immeasurable. When you look at the numbers, it's very easy to imagine cash changing hands. Part of the "brotherhood" might be an understanding that Duke looks out for its assets. I don't look at it as "shady." I think it is equitable to pay these kids and their families given how much they earn for the school and its business partners.
I like ya Denver but have you been sipping some of Granny's Homemade Elixir today sir?

Looking out for them after they are gone? I don’t see them risking anything to pay them before coming to duke. They don’t have too- of course they have the money, and of course it is a simple ROI- having said that, I don’t see it as a necessity as they also provide said player with luxuries he can’t get anywhere else in terms of his branding, publicity, exposure etc. and being connected to this program gets you said benefits after you’re gone- hence the brotherhood. I hear what you’re saying, I just don’t see it happening bc it isn’t necessary. ESPECIALLY- if it’s the shoe companies that are doing the paying: which to be fair is the majority of this investigation.

Looking out for them after they are gone? I don’t see them risking anything to pay them before coming to duke. They don’t have too- of course they have the money, and of course it is a simple ROI- having said that, I don’t see it as a necessity as they also provide said player with luxuries he can’t get anywhere else in terms of his branding, publicity, exposure etc. and being connected to this program gets you said benefits after you’re gone- hence the brotherhood. I hear what you’re saying, I just don’t see it happening bc it isn’t necessary. ESPECIALLY- if it’s the shoe companies that are doing the paying: which to be fair is the majority of this investigation.
I agree that we don't have to pay kids now. But what about back when Dante Jones was our leading scorer and Greg Paulus was leading us into battle? It was a slightly different landscape when Calipari first started his national brand of recruiting. Surely our program has had to battle the temptation to pay recruits at some level. I hope someone writes a tell-all book about this era of CBB some day. I'd love to see one about the UNC legal defense too. I bet there will be a movie. Maybe they can get Bryan Cranston to play Roy. Cranston plays crooks very well.

Reactions: Mac9192

If you had grown up in NC that type of arrogance would not surprise you at all.

Calisthebomb:
"What a bunch of queer nerds."

Struggler:
"Douche-Baggery only begins to describe that. I look forward to Grayson imploding again... he loves to bask in that fake love...the rest of the world wants him to blow-out an ACL the next time he trips another player...

THAT - DOUCHE CRAZIES - IS YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN!"

Fitch44:
"Sweet baby Jesus.
Not sure there are words for that.
Gracie Allen really is the perfect puke d-bag that splinter and capel cooked up in a lab.
How can anyone want to be a part of that phony shit.
Truly amazing the level of duchery they have reached.

How would anyone know that? I wonder if Duke has ever paid a player. I'm not so naive to think that it wouldn't happen. Most coaches agree that these athletes deserve compensation beyond tuition, even if they won't admit it.

If you want to clean up college sports, you have to get the money out. These endorsement/apparel deals and extremely high salaries mean that people will be getting paid under the table. It's easily worth the risk. If you put restrictions on salaries and shoe contracts, you'd see real amateur sports again. The people that would be responsible for making this kind of change would lose tons of cash, so not gonna happen

Yep, love how those idiots always state everything as fact. As if they are right there with Roy and his assistants every moment. Unreal.

Calisthebomb:
"What a bunch of queer nerds."

Struggler:
"Douche-Baggery only begins to describe that. I look forward to Grayson imploding again... he loves to bask in that fake love...the rest of the world wants him to blow-out an ACL the next time he trips another player...

THAT - DOUCHE CRAZIES - IS YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN!"

Fitch44:
"Sweet baby Jesus.
Not sure there are words for that.
Gracie Allen really is the perfect puke d-bag that splinter and capel cooked up in a lab.
How can anyone want to be a part of that phony shit.
Truly amazing the level of duchery they have reached.

Let’s try and keep this thread to our friends at THR. No one really cares about UK.

Interesting that on the Berry thread re Grayson and the NBA.Grayson has no chance in the league but Berry does.Will be interesting to see how they react when Grayson is a first rounder and Berry uses his AFAM degree to secure a job as the head cashier at McDonalds

From the "At least we ain't dook" thread at THR. Not juvenile at all.....

"We didn't get Days, but let's be thankful for what we got: 1. we ain't dook!
2. We got the best Coach and recruiter in the business
3. We run a clean program, per NCAA rule;
4. We're the current national champs;
5. We're loaded with deep, young talent enough to make another deep run in NCAA;
6. Coach Roy doesn't eat quiche like a stinkin' rat in derm;
7. We live, work and play on the most beautiful campus in the South;
8. Our Great God is a Tar Heel, for He made the sky Carolina Blue!!!
9. And, since it's always better with God, we can look forward to players better Than Mr. Days, like Mr. Moore or Mr. Bacot or even Mr. Hurt.

Heels Rule ...Heels are. Champs

dook sux, duck fook ... Rat eats quiche!!!"

1 Heelswin, Saturday at 1:07 AM
Love number 3. We run a clean program. LMAO!!!!

I will be very disappointed if DSouthr ever decides to stop posting (of course, he did say he was done once and that lasted a whole six hours)....he provides gold. Here he is rationalizing Joel Berry throwing a temper tantrum.

"The odd thing in this thread is this disappointment in Joel for this? And while I do understand the emotion what folks should realize is the very thing we love so much about Joel is his refuse to lose combative nature. You don't just turn that off and on like a switch, it is there no matter what you compete in. Recall for example the stories of Jordan playing golf, same as Joel in that he hated to lose in anything and anything means anything.

It wasn't just a video game folks, it was Joel competing at something, we can say it was just a silly video game but to Joel it was competition, Joel does not take losing well, I don't want him to either."

The bolded part is the best.

I will be very disappointed if DSouthr ever decides to stop posting (of course, he did say he was done once and that lasted a whole six hours)....he provides gold. Here he is rationalizing Joel Berry throwing a temper tantrum.

"The odd thing in this thread is this disappointment in Joel for this? And while I do understand the emotion what folks should realize is the very thing we love so much about Joel is his refuse to lose combative nature. You don't just turn that off and on like a switch, it is there no matter what you compete in. Recall for example the stories of Jordan playing golf, same as Joel in that he hated to lose in anything and anything means anything.

It wasn't just a video game folks, it was Joel competing at something, we can say it was just a silly video game but to Joel it was competition, Joel does not take losing well, I don't want him to either."

The bolded part is the best.
Don't exaggerate he left for 36 hours I know because it cost me ten dollars when I bet he would be back in 24

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT