ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Gary-7 is special.

Gary-7%20Corvair%20%20UNC%20on%20Board.jpg

OFC

gary is pathetic. According to him every lower ranked player like Platek is an absolute diamond in the rough that every coach and scout missed on except Roy. Only Roy could see the hidden greatness. Lollll.
Don't know if I would make fun of Gary,he had to be a tough dude because he would go through life getting his his ass kicked if he acted like that around people

Ha haaaaa..... So this clown knows that K plays games like that, huh?? Lolll. Most paranoid fan base ever.

"It's not you. I think ZW and IQ have been planning on going to UK all along. Hopefully. ZW is playing K like Bolden played us.

I wish that were true... if I had a strong commit I'd take his silent verbal, tell him to hold off on making it public & and encourage him to play the crap out of Duke.

Duke has done this....why not us"

9 gracetoyou,

Don't know if I would make fun of Gary,he had to be a tough dude because he would go through life getting his his ass kicked if he acted like that around people

I agree with you coach. I've thought about that and wonder if he had a tough time as a kid. I remember kids like that. They seemed to be their own worst enemy. In a way I feel sorry for him but he just brings it all on himself. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Kitty cats a little a little nervous about Barrett's visit to Duke this weekend...ha haaa.
"Benefits"... Good Lord.
meeksfor3:
"We got a glimpse of what being recruited by Cal looks like. I would love to see what kind of things goes on when Coach K and Capel go into a kids home. I have a feeling it is a lot of negative recruiting along with promises of benefits."

Well.....if he wants to know, he could ask the #1 ranked player in this years class.....or last years!! And probably next years!!

Why do these clowns always say Duke doesn't "develop talent" but Cal and UK are the greatest at it? WTF?!

Willy4UK:
"Duke is terrible at player development. Kyrie Irving actually got better by being hurt and missing the rest of his season."

K doesn't look like a likeable guy. Lol. Talk about a reach/blind hatred.
BBUK:
"Cal doesn't need to use that. It would be in a non-intended sort of way be keeping K in the mind of the recruit. Cal does his thing and let's other's try to keep up.....including the mighty coach K. K get's a few of his recruits with the mystique created by the media. He does have the NC's to back up that mystique but I doubt he does it totally with his own merit. He just doesn't look like a likable guy. jmuo"

Why do these clowns always say Duke doesn't "develop talent" but Cal and UK are the greatest at it? WTF?!

Willy4UK:
"Duke is terrible at player development. Kyrie Irving actually got better by being hurt and missing the rest of his season."
KP....trying to understand kensucky fans is like trying to understand women.....just stop trying dude.

He also forgot fedex envelopes falling open with a thousand dollars in it......and coach finding letter buried under paperwork on his desk

Well check out this well informed know it all! Lollll.

"Hahaha. Duke is a great school for a basketball player to go to for many reasons. This is NOT one of them.

And let's not think that Duke isn't 'paying' their players via their students. Find a student with alumni parents, have him become lab partners then friends with an athlete. Funnel money to the athlete via his friend. That happens ALL THE TIME at Duke."

47 TrustinCal, Today at 6:03 AM

Platek ain't gonna be playing point guard, can guarantee you that.
Don't tell that to Gare who claims that Kenny was on the cusp of shooting 40% from deep last year at one point. Which I guess maybe he was after two games? But he shot 27% in acc play which was half his season.

Don't tell that to Gare who claims that Kenny was on the cusp of shooting 40% from deep last year at one point. Which I guess maybe he was after two games? But he shot 27% in acc play which was half his season.

Yeah well that's why I never listen to Gary.

Kenny has got potential. He showed flashes of brilliance last year and other times disappeared. He's another guy that's going to have to step up. Him or Brandon Robinson.

RiverboatJoe:
"The "dispute" with Sulaimon was over team rules and attitude, not playing time. He got kicked off the team. He started as a freshman but arrived on campus extremely out of shape as a sophomore.

There was no "dispute" with Jackson.

The "dispute" with Thornton was due to his dad being an overbearing megalomaniac. Derryck played 26 minutes a game as a freshman. If you're not satisfied playing 26 minutes a game as a freshman at Duke that's not on anyone but you."

"Got it, it's just bad families. Coach K must have had back issues for those in-house visits, and was therefore never able to see the glaring character/family issues that would have been present.

Just further proves how amazing John Calipari is to 1. not bail on his job duties and 2. never have a single character issue that would necessitate a player having to transfer.

For the way the media portrays K, Calipari should have his own holiday."

24 LineSkiCat14, Yesterday at 3:49 PM

Yeah, honestly, eff it at this point. Just start blanketing offers.

I don't get how recruits could be worried about playing time at Kentucky but NOT Duke. They already have their top PG and SF for next year, plus whoever may come back (Remember, K isn't as keen on letting kids find their dreams after a single season).

"They aren't" is my guess. K is telling them what they want to hear which is why disputes with guys like Sulaimon and Jackson came about.

K has quite literally become the "used car salesman".. how ironic is that?

20 LineSkiCat14, Yesterday at 2:50 PM

"In my opinion Duke is 100% Queer university. I think the students, the coaches, & the players are overall weird. No team in NCAA history has produced more psychotic, yell-happy, floor slapping white boys. Why anyone would want to go there I have no clue. I'm embarrassed for you. :popcorn:"

150 gracetoyou, Yesterday at 10:47 PM

DSouthr here, absolutely hilarious. Declaring the AFAM scandal "minor compared to what goes on at most blue blood NCAA schools." Lollll.

"Even many of our own fans may laugh at me for saying this but I do strongly believe that UNC is and has been one of the cleanest programs in the NCAA. Yes, of course we have and have had some skeletons in our closet but not nearly to the extent most of the NCAA has. The big deal made out of our AFAM issues is nothing but smoke, not that it was a great thing but that it was minor compared to what goes on at most of the blue blood NCAA schools. The reason the AFAM stuff was treated as such a big deal is that we were the NCAA's gold standard program and everyone wanted to take us down a notch so they would not look as bad."

Flatarheel responding to DSouthr in some thread:
"
I feel that same about you.
But I've said more than once that those guys will flat out ask "How much "insert recruit" will cost me".
It has nothing to do with us(myself, gary) crying wolf.
The game is really that toxic.
"
English major folks help me out - the bolded part. What person is he talking in there? Is that something like 3rd person once removed or something?

Reactions: timo0402
These responses in a thread at THR asking if the Holes should be worried about the FBI investigation. Ha haa.

"NO!

DES would roll over in his grave if Roy disrespected UNC and his legacy in such fashion. This and Roy's personal ethics indicate we are NOT in any danger from any REAL violations!

The NCAA has to worry more about how it can possibly continue existing than it does trying to get UNC now!"

5 TPFKAPFS, Saturday at 11:09 AM

And one from gary posing with one of his aliases...

"I have said this before, and I will repeat it. UNC basketball does not pay guys to play here.
Not under Dean, Gut, the tough years with Matt, and now with RW.

DOES NOT happen folks!"

6 FlaTarHeel, Saturday at 12:23 PM

Interesting article that they linked. Sounds to me like they are talking about ky.....I wonder who the player was?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT