ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

The paranoia that UK fans have to all things Duke is awesome to see.

crazymg:
"ESPN NCAAM website is full of Duke stories. It is as if I am on a Blue Devil site....... Do they not see their own bias now..... Guess better than covering the UNC cheat gate."

gary is so dumb it's almost painful to watch. Even that idiot must have heard that Bagley's father is from Durham and that his grandma still lives there. Guess he just wanted to "lay it on the line"...facts be damned!! Simply amazing.

gary-7:
"There's a "tell" when it comes to recruiting: If an elite prospect ends up somewhere he has no business and no logical reason to go, then shenanigans are almost certainly afoot.

Let's lay it on the line. Put aside the fact that Roy couldn't have even recruited him because he couldn't get admitted at UNC, Bagley, as a OAD west-coast kid has zero logical LEGIT reason to go to dook. None. He sure as hell can't say he's coming for a dook education, and he's coming across country to join a program that doesn't use or develop Bigs well that already has another frosh elite Big who also doesn't consider himself a 5? Yeah... ok :rolleyes:."

What an idiot. I guess if he was going across the country Ito unc it would be for a 4 year degree. I guess that would be LEGIT then. How does he stay over at thr? Even their mods have to see he's off a little unless he is really one of the mods that's actually using 4 accounts. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Have to give it to Maye, he maximized his abilities last year. That said, he's a Heel and I hope he stinks it up this season. It'll be interesting to see if he can transition well to being a bigger part of the team. He'll definitely receive a little more defensive attention this year from opponents.

OFC

Good point Dirt, Big Luke will get more attention and I dont think hes quick enough to adjust to more tight D. Certainly I see more athleticism in most of our bigs who would draw him as a defensive assignment. See him having real trouble w/Carter, Ques, Bagley, Javin!....OFC

i might be drawing a blank on a couple guys, but what big guys have they sent to the NBA that have produced? they always talk about developing bigs, but what guys in the last 15yrs have produced?

You mean you can't think of all those household names (bigs) the Heels have produced?

OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Of course UK people are totally insulted that Naz Reid is no longer considering them. And also, of course, he would have already committed if Cal was serious about him. LOL.

AnarchoNeoLuddite:
"Cal rolling the dice with thoughts of guys coming back next year, only reason why one would think he didnt offer Reid? If we had id imagine were right there with him."

"I think he would've already committed to us"

4 Rupp'sRunt, Today at 3:05 PM

Of course he would......lolll.

i might be drawing a blank on a couple guys, but what big guys have they sent to the NBA that have produced? they always talk about developing bigs, but what guys in the last 15yrs have produced?

Exactly, I have no idea why they always talk this nonsense. I guess Brice Johnson is their shining light as proof of the great "developer of bigs" that is Roy. Good Lord.

Reactions: hart2chesson
If e wants to be challenged, Duke isn't the place.

Someone should tweet him the regions we draw in the tournament.. "Reddish, come to Kentucky.. where we play UNC and UCLA before the Final4 instead of Gonzaga for the 6th time."

7 LineSkiCat14,

Yes....Duke ALWAYS gets the easiest draw. Lol. Duke could have the '97 Bulls in the first round and the 2017 Golden State Warriors as their first two games and the haters would be screaming about how Duke was handed the easiest bracket. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

UNC fans mentioned Bolden would be first five star guy to come off bench his entire career. Can somebody not banned over there just respond "Isiah Hicks"

Reactions: skysdad
UNC fans mentioned Bolden would be first five star guy to come off bench his entire career. Can somebody not banned over there just respond "Isiah Hicks"

I don't think there are any of us left. We are all gone. All of us. Gone onto the place thr mods sends Duke posters. It would be interesting to know just how many of us have that cute little tombstone. OFC

RoseHeel responding about Nassir Little. Claims K only offered him as a "reaction" to his UNC offer. LOL. Pisses him off that the Duke offer makes it that much more difficult for the Holes. Haaaaa.

delawardukies:
"He could be he seems to be really high on you guys . Don't think Duke has much of a shot ! I know I spelled it wrong over here !! lol"

RoseHeel:
"If y'all were actually recruiting him rather than just making an offer in reaction to ours, maybe you'd have a real chance."

Aike:
"I think it's pretty simple. Duke staff leaks that they lead for everyone. They think it creates buzz and lends an aura to them. An air of invincibility.

UK, on the other hand, leaks nothing. Omertà."

morgousky:
"Capel is not a good floor coach and his players always lacked discipline on the court. He will be the next coach at Duke 100%. There's no doubt about it whatsoever baring something wild. But he will not make it and Duke will start the process all programs have to go through.

Duke will fall, eventually. I think they might be the next Indiana. One reason is fan support. Don't let the bandwagon fool ya, their base is small and not very vocal. K has had issues in the past with fan interest. A kid from Missouri with a Duke hat on isn't the type of fan that moved a needle. UK's fanbase is extremely demanding, and expects the job done. That's why I'll
Never understand the arrogance of some that are always talking down at the very thing that makes us invincible. Our insanity. All great programs and organizations have it.

I'm sick of distractions. I don't care at this current time about anything other than taking our crown and cutting the throat of our competition."

Mike_Edwards:
"Let's all hope Capel is the guy. Anyone watch how he did at Oklahoma? Guy is using the same tactics at Duke, only difference is he has the protection of the k lovers to shelter him."

1. Nicholastree 5295 posts
    Aug 30, 1:44 PM
    Many will remember the famous response Coach Smith had to the student signs "JR Can't Reid" at Cameron: Smith pointed out that Scott Williams and JR Reid had higher combined SAT scores than Danny Ferry and Christian Laettner.

I'd bet that if you added up the SAT scores of every scholarship player at both programs since Coach K arrived that UNC would lead this category as well. Duke has certainly had some bright players (Jay Bilas, Grant Hill and Shane Battier come to mind) but academic excellence has certainly NOT been a priority for Coach K in the past decade. In that same period UNC has had multiple Academic All-Americas (Zeller and Paige immediately come to mind).

This is part of the bitter irony of the "academic scandal" at UNC: as a private university nobody knows anything about the inner workings of Duke's efforts to keep their athletes academically eligible. I sincerely doubt their basketball players make more academic progress than UNC's players - and that's beside the fact they have far more recruits that fall in the "one and done" category.

"Reddish commit shows me that some top recruits does not study and know the amount of top recruits that go to Duke that regress and/or falter in the pro's. They only see a HOF coach still hanging on there and to some extent the academic rep. Why else would they go there? More of a 'has been' program that is clearly a gamble for any of the top players game.

Just kind of odd how the shortcomings of the program somehow eludes some of these guys and have to say Duke does a nice job blanketing some of these things from their recruits."

78 BigBlueManSouthCentralKY, Today at 2:50 PM

1. Nicholastree 5295 posts
    Aug 30, 1:44 PM
    Many will remember the famous response Coach Smith had to the student signs "JR Can't Reid" at Cameron: Smith pointed out that Scott Williams and JR Reid had higher combined SAT scores than Danny Ferry and Christian Laettner.

I'd bet that if you added up the SAT scores of every scholarship player at both programs since Coach K arrived that UNC would lead this category as well. Duke has certainly had some bright players (Jay Bilas, Grant Hill and Shane Battier come to mind) but academic excellence has certainly NOT been a priority for Coach K in the past decade. In that same period UNC has had multiple Academic All-Americas (Zeller and Paige immediately come to mind).

This is part of the bitter irony of the "academic scandal" at UNC: as a private university nobody knows anything about the inner workings of Duke's efforts to keep their athletes academically eligible. I sincerely doubt their basketball players make more academic progress than UNC's players - and that's beside the fact they have far more recruits that fall in the "one and done" category.

What a sad and pitiful bunch. That Kool-Ade truck must do one heckuva business. For Dean Smith, a very sad and obsessed little man, the truth hurt.

Duke students were making a play on JR's name , but for Dean the truth hurt. This is about the time Coach K became a threat to Smith and questionable recruits like Reid and others would begin being filtered into AFAM studies....I bet Dean smoked 4 packs after that game, lol...OFC

"Reddish commit shows me that some top recruits does not study and know the amount of top recruits that go to Duke that regress and/or falter in the pro's. They only see a HOF coach still hanging on there and to some extent the academic rep. Why else would they go there? More of a 'has been' program that is clearly a gamble for any of the top players game.

Just kind of odd how the shortcomings of the program somehow eludes some of these guys and have to say Duke does a nice job blanketing some of these things from their recruits."

78 BigBlueManSouthCentralKY, Today at 2:50 PM
He is right Duke players have only earned a Billion dollars in the NBA.We are such failures

Check out this UK whacko at RR.

"Usually people that have been in the real world say that. These players that Duke gets are spoiled to the core through their family or by out side forces. They are a fake and full of entitlement. The players that Duke gets are not good people/kids. They are all horrible people. And some might ask well you don't know these kids/people so how can you make assumptions? The answer is quite simple, coach k is the coach. The sense of entitlement and being spoiled spews from his very essence."

14 KYNC89, Today at 1:45 PM

Check out this mental rationalizing. Barrett and Zion could play in the same lineup but no way could RJ play with Reddish. Lol. yeah, you aren't worried at all, are ya buddy!! Haaa.

"I am not worried about this kid going to Duke. It aint happening. This kid has been a Cal guy from day 1. Once this dude made it offical he wanted to play college basketball a year early, it's Cal and Kentucky. These elite kids have such insane talent levels at such early ages nowadays, by the time college recruiting is near, these elite players are pretty much PR pros and know what and how to say what they want wrote down in the media. I'm sure these kids, even the most elite ones, find college recruiting to be a pretty big deal and want it to be treated as such. If it is known where you're planning to go, the media doesn't treat it as such a big deal anymore. This kid will be at Kentucky once it's all said and done. Cal has been his coach from day 1 and when it's time to sign, it will be with Kentucky. Barrett and Zion might play in the same lineup, but Barrett and Reddish, not so sure it would work out as well. Both kids are elite and want the ball in their hands to make plays. Barrett won't go to Duke. After Duke landed Reddish, it just makes Barrett at Kentucky even more likely to happen."

155 kentucky_wildcat_#1, 17 minutes ago

How do these bozos at THR still have the nerve to talk about "strong academics" in Chapel Hole?! No shame at all. Unbelievable.

Tom79:
"It seems we have several really good recruits who are interested in UNC, as we are interested in them, and they all list that they love the campus, desire strong academics and LOVE the coach (and staff) and what they offer as a plan for the recruits.
I see some action in the '19 class... soon. :cool:"

More denial from the cheating scumbags.

mikeirbyusa:
"NCAA clowns touch UNC Basketball this will be court bound and the NCAA knows it."

Heelswin:
"We will sue and others will sue, we and they will appeal, and they will be in court forever ... we will bankrupt the NCAA with legal fees if they touch Carolina ...NCAA will learn we play hardball at UNC! Bring your lunch, Emmert, and plan on staying a long, long time in court!"

If they touch Carolina, huh?? What a bunch of head in the sand, arrogant SOBs. Unreal.

Heelswin:
"We will sue and others will sue, we and they will appeal, and they will be in court forever ... we will bankrupt the NCAA with legal fees if they touch Carolina ...NCAA will learn we play hardball at UNC! Bring your lunch, Emmert, and plan on staying a long, long time in court!"

If they touch Carolina, huh?? What a bunch of head in the sand, arrogant SOBs. Unreal.

They are everything you said they are Kellen but don't be surprised if what heelswin says come to be true. This country is full of unc alumni who are attorneys and judges. Tons of money in those pockets. I don't see the point of the NCAA trying anything. unc is going to get off scott free. The thing is EVERYBODY knows they cheated and it will always be remembered. Their reputation is shot. the carolina way has a whole new meaning.They have the kind of dirt that can't be washed off. Remember this. You can sweep all the dirt you want to under the rug but it is still there under the rug. All you have to do if lift it or even if there is enough dirt under it all you have to do is walk on it and the dust rises up. One more thing. That ain't tar on them heels anymore. OFC

This idiot always tries to pump that Felton whatever up waaaay more than he is. Wants to act like they got their true elite recruit with him. NOT. So gary is trying to tell everyone that Jalek freaking Felton could be a OAD and make millions but just doesn't want to. Lolllll. I haven't seen Felton even listed in the 2nd round of any NBA mock draft. Lol.

"Your initial premise is likely correct. Jalek is unlikely to go anywhere. Oh, he's definitely good enough to be OAD, make no mistake about that.. but on more than one occasion he has indicated that is not his intention.

But ya never know... so, if he did we would indeed be caught without a true PG other than KJ Smith. We might just try an weather it for a season and see if one of the guys can handle it.

I'll throw this out there: Another guy who I know is quite capable of playing PG very well in our system is Andrew Platek. Jes' sayin'"

15 gary-7, 25 minutes ago

This idiot always tries to pump that Felton whatever up waaaay more than he is. Wants to act like they got their true elite recruit with him. NOT. So gary is trying to tell everyone that Jalek freaking Felton could be a OAD and make millions but just doesn't want to. Lolllll. I haven't seen Felton even listed in the 2nd round of any NBA mock draft. Lol.

"Your initial premise is likely correct. Jalek is unlikely to go anywhere. Oh, he's definitely good enough to be OAD, make no mistake about that.. but on more than one occasion he has indicated that is not his intention.

But ya never know... so, if he did we would indeed be caught without a true PG other than KJ Smith. We might just try an weather it for a season and see if one of the guys can handle it.

I'll throw this out there: Another guy who I know is quite capable of playing PG very well in our system is Andrew Platek. Jes' sayin'"

15 gary-7, 25 minutes ago
Platek at pg?? Pleeeeaaaase do....jes sayin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT