ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Carolina will always be the second/third best school in the state. That's got to sting. They used to have basketball superiority (allbeit tainted), but even that is not there anymore. They can talk all they want. The rankings don't lie. Duke is just better.

Clearly Double D, KP. Its so funny they talk about back to back NCAA title appearances- well K still has the edge there as well- K played in 4 of 5 finals between '90 and '94, and WON BACK TO BACK.

There's no tarnished legacy, no two decades of corruption, and no stalling by a band of Philadelphia lawyers to work stall tactics to keep the program eligible to play in NCAA tournaments.....

OFC

Dr. Steat:
"Bolden is pissed right now. No way he would have stayed at Duke if he knew Bagley was going to play for Duke this year. Bolden is stuck right now and will be coming off the bench.

Bench players at Duke do not get drafted in the NBA first round. Jeter got out and Bolden made a big mistake by staying. I have never had an avatar on this site before my 10,000 post. No better avatar than K in a mouse trap. Bolden was promised a starting position. Now, the kid is trapped. He would be better off by dropping out of Duke and playing in Europe this season."

Dr. Steat:
"Bolden is pissed right now. No way he would have stayed at Duke if he knew Bagley was going to play for Duke this year. Bolden is stuck right now and will be coming off the bench.

Bench players at Duke do not get drafted in the NBA first round. Jeter got out and Bolden made a big mistake by staying. I have never had an avatar on this site before my 10,000 post. No better avatar than K in a mouse trap. Bolden was promised a starting position. Now, the kid is trapped. He would be better off by dropping out of Duke and playing in Europe this season."

steat at his best. Did Coach K really promise Bolden a starting position. I missed that one. And steat knows as well as anyone that when a top or any other player commits to Duke he knows the situation. Coach K plays about 8 in the rotation and always has. We talk about that all the time so if you have 10 or more 5 stars players some one's gonna sit and some one's gonna transfer. That has become a given at Duke and is expected. I always wish the transfers well but Coach K is not gonna run 12 guys on the court with each getting the same amount of playing time. Look there are 5 star players and then there are 5 STAR players. Am happy that he is bringing in 3 or 4 star players that are going to hand for 4 years. Now getting back to doc steat. Bench players at Duke do get drafted and do play in the NBA. Do I need to start a list. This is typical doc steat's mind set and he's so obsessed with Coach K and Duke he needs some help. By the way as of right now Bagley hasn't committed anywhere. guru gary-7/flatarheel/franktheheel must have told him. OFC

Pathetic gary talking to himself again.

FlaTarHeel said: ↑
"What spacing concerns? Bagley/Carter/Bolden shot 28/119 (23%) combined for 3 last year. Their PG Trevon Duval is a career 17% 3point shooter."
~Draft Express~

"...and there's not a member on that staff who can coach up a Big."

108 gary-7, Today at 1:11 AM

I'm sure Coach K is just absolutely clueless as far as instructing big men. Lol, they go with this and "Duke always gets the easiest bracket" constantly. Ha Haa. Man, are they salty over Bagley.

Pathetic gary talking to himself again.

FlaTarHeel said: ↑
"What spacing concerns? Bagley/Carter/Bolden shot 28/119 (23%) combined for 3 last year. Their PG Trevon Duval is a career 17% 3point shooter."
~Draft Express~

"...and there's not a member on that staff who can coach up a Big."

108 gary-7, Today at 1:11 AM

I'm sure Coach K is just absolutely clueless as far as instructing big men. Lol, they go with this and "Duke always gets the easiest bracket" constantly. Ha Haa. Man, are they salty over Bagley.

Such hilarity....We "can't coach up bigs" yet we still beat em 2 out of 3 last year....SMH

OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
gary-7 said:
"...and once again there won't be enough basketballs at dook."

"Grayson will be reduced to towel waving, floor slapping and super enthusiastic bum patting as the starters come to the bench."

109 Ozheelfan, Today at 1:18 AM

Lol!!!! So Ozheelfan thinks Grayson will be riding pine all season, huh?? Unreal.

gary-7 said:
"...and once again there won't be enough basketballs at dook."

"Grayson will be reduced to towel waving, floor slapping and super enthusiastic bum patting as the starters come to the bench."

109 Ozheelfan, Today at 1:18 AM

Lol!!!! So Ozheelfan thinks Grayson will be riding pine all season, huh?? Unreal.

Hah!!! They're embarrassing themselves....Such cognitive powers, they must've been in fake classes too!

OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Hah!!! They're embarrassing themselves....Such cognitive powers, they must've been in fake classes too!

OFC
In this case they are probably right.Grayson will probably be waving his towel after hitting his fifth three and cheering for the walk-on as they finish the mop-up of another butt kicking

DSouthr with a real knee slapper here.... That Tar Hole class carries on!

SoCal_Dukie3:
"I'm all for talking trash on other programs but you're way off on Duval. Don't believe everything you read lol."

"Duval wouldn't believe everything he read, that is IF he could read! LOL."

124 DSouthr, Today at 11:52 AM

With our 2 latest recruits it seems like it is just eating away at them over at thr. Total meltdown and not even losing a basketball game. As my father - in- law used to say. "Pitiful, just pitiful." OFC

With our 2 latest recruits it seems like it is just eating away at them over at thr. Total meltdown and not even losing a basketball game. As my father - in- law used to say. "Pitiful, just pitiful." OFC
I have looked over there from time to time for a couple months to get a laugh. Couldn't help myself and made my first and probably last post on the thread titled Carolina's just better. I replied to FlaTarHeel and said "I'm an honest Dukie. 13-5 Duke since 2010"

Reactions: hart2chesson
I have looked over there from time to time for a couple months to get a laugh. Couldn't help myself and made my first and probably last post on the thread titled Carolina's just better. I replied to FlaTarHeel and said "I'm an honest Dukie. 13-5 Duke since 2010"

So you probably witnessed gary, aka FlaTarHeel, aka FranktheHeel talking to himself. Lol.

The free entertainment is just too much to not take advantage of over there. Rupp Rafters as well. Do not deny yourself! Lollll.

Got banned for merely "liking" a post that a DI member posted there. What kind of sense does that make!?!? Lol

It makes perfect sense actually. You did something they didn't care for. If I wasn't already banned this would get me banned and it just might be for the best if they just went ahead and banned all Duke fans. We don't need to be posting there. thr doesn't have a very respectful reputation and it's just not us here at D.I. Go check out the College Basketball Board. OFC

Some turd posted this at THR. Does anyone that reads it actually believe it is a true story?? This guy SADLY stated "they've always been better", huh??? What an absolutely made up load of crap. Wow.

Heelswin:
"Carolina's just better.... is what the dookie said when I ran into him at Home Depot just after we won NC in April. "they were better when I was at dook ... and they're better now." He was in the line next to me checking out.. I had on my Carolina hat and he had on his dook 2015 NC shirt. I pointed to my hat, looked at him and said 'hey man, don't you need an upgrade in your shirt?' " Carolina's just better" he said again ... "they've always been better" he said sadly .... it was then I noticed he was buying several bags of horse manure!"

Some turd posted this at THR. Does anyone that reads it actually believe it is a true story?? This guy SADLY stated "they've always been better", huh??? What an absolutely made up load of crap. Wow.

Heelswin:
"Carolina's just better.... is what the dookie said when I ran into him at Home Depot just after we won NC in April. "they were better when I was at dook ... and they're better now." He was in the line next to me checking out.. I had on my Carolina hat and he had on his dook 2015 NC shirt. I pointed to my hat, looked at him and said 'hey man, don't you need an upgrade in your shirt?' " Carolina's just better" he said again ... "they've always been better" he said sadly .... it was then I noticed he was buying several bags of horse manure!"
Does anyone have a helmet? I've been over there posting on that thread and the one about "Would they take Bagley." I have them pissed something fierce right now. Probably not the smartest thing I've done, even got Flatarheel throwing grenades at me

Does anyone have a helmet? I've been over there posting on that thread and the one about "Would they take Bagley." I have them pissed something fierce right now. Probably not the smartest thing I've done, even got Flatarheel throwing grenades at me
I can't speak for the rest of them, but I'm certainly not pissed. I think it's been a pretty good and civil debate between you and me.

Fla Tar Heel went to the national board with his nonsense and lasted about two days before he got laughed off the board.He has not been seen over there since

I wish I could at least go over there and lurk, but I have been tombstoned. Keep us posted Mac.
They're being fairly civil to me. Other than Flatarheel telling me to go back to my sandbox in one post, another he told me to go back to playground at McDonald's, and one guy told me to go play in traffic. Can't say that I didn't knowingly walk into a hornets nest

They're being fairly civil to me. Other than Flatarheel telling me to go back to my sandbox in one post, another he told me to go back to playground at McDonald's, and one guy told me to go play in traffic. Can't say that I didn't knowingly walk into a hornets nest
Haha those are kind words compared to what was said to me.....but I wear my tombstone proud!

Reactions: Mac9192
Speaking of that, this post from @Coach325 (responding to FTH) made me laugh

I really enjoy posting over here and make sure I am respectful as I am on UNC turf. I like a good debate and most of you will find I am not one of the Duke fans that is above questioning anything Coach K or Duke does. I've even come to like some of you and enjoy an opposing point of view of things. BUT....you sir. Your posts are unbearable and are dripping with homerism and normally full of incorrect statements. You make it really hard for anyone to carry on a conversation with you or take you seriously.

The 2 times that I got banned. I got banned almost immediately without any responses

I loved this thread. Can't wait until the season to see thr really give some prime stuff. Do all of you know that ain't tar on those heels. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Fair point, four letter words would be too much for your group. We need to dumb it down a bit. Apologies.

I mean, hey, I don't mind mixing it up when other fans and chatting about hoops, but when you go to another teams message board and start insulting them, you're going to get banned. Simple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT