ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I mean, hey, I don't mind mixing it up when other fans and chatting about hoops, but when you go to another teams message board and start insulting them, you're going to get banned. Simple as that.
Besides that was my second time being banned. The first time was for saying that I thought JJ Redick was one of the best long range shooters in the history of the acc. If I was gonna get banned for that, I figured I'd get my money's worth the next time. But, I love you guys. Y'all are special.

Just stop. You know the mods here are far more lenient. Problem is, any truth hurts your board and it's members.

Exactly. mikeirby and the other clown mods over there are notorious for it. And they act sooooo internet badass when they have issued yet another tombstone. Tough guys, indeed.

Some turd posted this at THR. Does anyone that reads it actually believe it is a true story?? This guy SADLY stated "they've always been better", huh??? What an absolutely made up load of crap. Wow.

Heelswin:
"Carolina's just better.... is what the dookie said when I ran into him at Home Depot just after we won NC in April. "they were better when I was at dook ... and they're better now." He was in the line next to me checking out.. I had on my Carolina hat and he had on his dook 2015 NC shirt. I pointed to my hat, looked at him and said 'hey man, don't you need an upgrade in your shirt?' " Carolina's just better" he said again ... "they've always been better" he said sadly .... it was then I noticed he was buying several bags of horse manure!"
I had a similar encounter with a UNC basketball player. Conversation didn't get to far because he had trouble reading my shirt. Stupid words that are more than 3 letters, really confuses UNC athletes.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Just stop. You know the mods here are far more lenient. Problem is, any truth hurts your board and it's members.

I never said they weren't. But don't act like all of you go over there just to 'chat' and not troll. I remember a few of you rubbing it in after the ACC tournament. Just pointing that out.

Besides that was my second time being banned. The first time was for saying that I thought JJ Redick was one of the best long range shooters in the history of the acc. If I was gonna get banned for that, I figured I'd get my money's worth the next time. But, I love you guys. Y'all are special.

I mean hey, I wouldn't have banned you for that but I have no control over the mods. But yeah, you're totally classier than we are. You don't have homers at all.

Exactly. mikeirby and the other clown mods over there are notorious for it. And they act sooooo internet badass when they have issued yet another tombstone. Tough guys, indeed.

Lol to my knowledge you used to send expletive laden PMs to other fans. Pot meet kettle.

I never said they weren't. But don't act like all of you go over there just to 'chat' and not troll. I remember a few of you rubbing it in after the ACC tournament. Just pointing that out.
You know as well I do that if any of us had came to your board and engaged with the THR posters like you have with ours ,we would have long been banned.I don't think that you should be banned but using this to show the difference between here and THR

You know as well I do that if any of us had came to your board and engaged with the THR posters like you have with ours ,we would have long been banned.I don't think that you should be banned but using this to show the difference between here and THR

Topps, we've been over this. First off, I do try to be civil when I'm on here. Secondly, I don't control the mods, which is why I usually stick to OOTB and premium content. I acknowledge the difference as I have many times.

Actually some of us have tried to go over and just talk bball but that doesn't fly....

And when that does happen, I'm the first the defend you. Many thought coach325 and dukephysics were trolls when they tried to engage. I knew they weren't, but everyone besides me and a few others just dismissed them.

We root for opposite teams, and there's no love lost between either. But I'm not going to act like a twat either simply because someone roots for Duke. A couple of close friends of mine root for Duke, so what? We talk about basketball fine.

And when that does happen, I'm the first the defend you. Many thought coach325 and dukephysics were trolls when they tried to engage. I knew they weren't, but everyone besides me and a few others just dismissed them.

We root for opposite teams, and there's no love lost between either. But I'm not going to act like a twat either simply because someone roots for Duke. A couple of close friends of mine root for Duke, so what? We talk about basketball fine.
You're a stand up guy, I'll admit to that. They've let me post over there today, but a few of the ones I've engaged with don't know difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

You're a stand up guy, I'll admit to that. They've let me post over there today, but a few of the ones I've engaged with don't know difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

There are a contingent on THR that let their emotions and thoughts as fans cloud reality. I don't remotely agree with the vast majority of what you guys say about us lol. But there's a difference between supporting your team, and being a fanatic. I like to think I do not fall into the latter category.

Edit: btw, what you just posted on THR is exactly what I'm referring to.

The biggest difference between here and there is if someone comes over here and cordially engages, he is given the benefit of the doubt. If someone does that over there, he is immediately attacked. On which board do you suppose it's easier to continue to discuss things in a civil way.

By the way, my first post, for which I was attacked for about two pages, was questioning Dsouthr's claim that Kevin Knox would wait until April to see if Tatum and Justin Jackson were going pro. I said he may wait til April, but it wouldn't be to see if Tatum is going pro (because that was a foregone conclusion when I said it in like October). Now if I were to go over there and call him out, and all the other idiots that decided I was being outrageous, how do you suppose that would go?

You should stop defending that board and comparing things there with things here. Many of us, including me, respect you because you seem to as sensible as a UNC fan can be. *wink wink*

The biggest difference between here and there is if someone comes over here and cordially engages, he is given the benefit of the doubt. If someone does that over there, he is immediately attacked. On which board do you suppose it's easier to continue to discuss things in a civil way.

By the way, my first post, for which I was attacked for about two pages, was questioning Dsouthr's claim that Kevin Knox would wait until April to see if Tatum and Justin Jackson were going pro. I said he may wait til April, but it wouldn't be to see if Tatum is going pro (because that was a foregone conclusion when I said it in like October). Now if I were to go over there and call him out, and all the other idiots that decided I was being outrageous, how do you suppose that would go?

You should stop defending that board and comparing things there with things here. Many of us, including me, respect you because you seem to as sensible as a UNC fan can be. *wink wink*

I agree with everything you just said. But on a certain level, I can't be too harsh in my criticism of THR. At least not on the Duke board. I hope you can understand that to a degree.

I agree with everything you just said. But on a certain level, I can't be too harsh in my criticism of THR. At least not on the Duke board. I hope you can understand that to a degree.
My advice as I've told you before is to just discuss hoops. Stop worrying about this board vs that board, who's more lenient etc, bc truthfully it doesn't matter. Stick around here and chop it up about hoops, we welcome that.

My advice as I've told you before is to just discuss hoops. Stop worrying about this board vs that board, who's more lenient etc, bc truthfully it doesn't matter. Stick around here and chop it up about hoops, we welcome that.

Couldn't agree more, timo.

Well boys, I went to check out thr a few minutes ago and found I've been banned. Pretty sure what got me my pink slip was the thread about Bagley and would they take him. I had brought up my take that they would take him, and that I didn't like a grad transfer going within same conference. This B3rry gave his opinion that he was a grad student, and it's supposed to be student then sports. He went on and said I know your school has turned its back on that. My reply was Isn't education, or lack of, what has your university in hot water? I had it coming, should not have engaged but thought his post was so laughable I couldn't resist

Reactions: hart2chesson
Well boys, I went to check out thr a few minutes ago and found I've been banned. Pretty sure what got me my pink slip was the thread about Bagley and would they take him. I had brought up my take that they would take him, and that I didn't like a grad transfer going within same conference. This B3rry gave his opinion that he was a grad student, and it's supposed to be student then sports. He went on and said I know your school has turned its back on that. My reply was Isn't education, or lack of, what has your university in hot water? I had it coming, should not have engaged but thought his post was so laughable I couldn't resist

I saw your reply buddy. You may have been tombstoned, but you landed a solid shot to the jaw w/that line. They can't handle scandal convo- THE TRUTH HURTS!

OFC

Last edited:
Lol to my knowledge you used to send expletive laden PMs to other fans. Pot meet kettle.

Yeah, that was Archer. He is such a huge, condescending dbag. After I was banned it was the only way I could communicate with the idiot. Talk about looking through baby blue glasses. Oh, coryfly too. Can't pm anymore or I would. Boy would that really piss them off. So yeah, doesn't bother me at all.

Holes talking about their chances with Bacot....Roy won't sell that crap!! Lolllll.

dadika:
"Amen to that. I feel like we've missed on so many good bigs who have said how much they like how we feed the post...then they go to a school that ignores them. Boggles my mind."

"I think the answer is simple... it's because certain schools sell them on being there 9 months then becoming a millionaire and Roy won't sell that crap."

25 heels05champs, Yesterday at 6:57 PM

Love how these morons are pretty much laughing about Bolden as if it has already been determined that he will be getting zero minutes this season. Keep sleeping on Bolden, morons.... Here TPFKAPFS is getting a laugh out of Bacot saying he really likes Jahlil Okafor and, of course, how Bolden will not see the light of day. Lol.

"Okafor...what a role model!

2019 is the first class in a good while where the good news outweighs the bad for UNC!

Bacot or Carey seems like you can't go wrong either way. Both will be highly influential with our coaching staff. puke can't still be attractive to bigs after the incredible "growth" of Bolden and Jeter!"

30 TPFKAPFS, Yesterday at 5:19 PM

RoseHeel posted this and a bunch of them are just giddy over this kid's quote. Yeaaaah, Jalen, many obvious one and dones under Roy simply stay, as opposed to going off to make millions, simply because of the old "Holes are FAMILY!!" garbage. More like they don't get that kinda talent, kid. Good Lord.

5 * SG Jalen Johnson Planning UNC visit

Up next for Johnson is a visit to North Carolina in September. "I like how Coach Williams (Roy Williams) has had plenty of people who could have went 1-and-done, but it's a family down there," he said. "That helps them win a lot."

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3917

Coach325:
"If you would have stopped at Little, I would have agreed with you. Vernon Carey is a top player in that class who Duke has been evaluating all summer......why wouldn't we offer?"

Dr. Steat:
"Because Bolden will still be around after K promises that finally in his senior senior year he will not be coming off the bench if Carey goes to Duke. Carey wants no part of it! Plus, Bolden mom will be hiding in the bushes outside K's house with a AK 15 if Carey gets anywhere near Duke's campus. Think about it, Bolden will be the only 5-star player to come off the bench for his entire career in the history of the NCAA. Nope, Carey is not going to Duke."

596 Steat, 37 minutes ago

UK idiots talking about Zion. How full of themselves are they?? Wow. Yeah, a kid has to be absolutely nuts to go to KU over UK. Unreal.
CowtownCat:
"Examine the kid's head if he chooses KU over UK. Seriously."

"My thoughts exactly! I can't imagine why any top player would choose Kansas over Kentucky."

27 Roe07, Today at 11:20 AM

How dare a kid not go to Kensucky!!! Lol.

Reactions: hart2chesson
How full of themselves are these people?? Ignorant of you don't go to UK. WOW. Sooooo sick of them always talking about how Cal develops talent for the NBA better than anyone. They always ignore the fact that guys like KAT, Anthony Davis, Wall, etc....really would have been in the same position had they gone to many other schools. Get over yourselves.

"If you made an All NBA team out of players from both UK and KU the only player from KU that would be talented enough to play for the UK team is Andrew Wiggins. Both schools recruit 5 star talent on a yearly basis but there's no doubt which school is better at developing that talent for the next level. That's why you wonder why a top guy like Williamson would pick KU over UK. There's plenty of evidence out there to prove that would be a truly ignorant decision."

42 skcatfan, Yesterday at 1:13 PM

The boys at THR are not taking this Bagley thing very well at all. Lol. As if he is the only one "pretending" to be a student athlete. Bet him and the rest of the resident idiots at THR, the ones who are glad Roy doesn't do on a and done kids...lol...would LOVE to have Marvin "pretending" at Holeville this year. Ha haaaaa.

TPFKAPFS:
"Bagley should not be forced to play in college or pretend to be a student!"

I wonder how their
The boys at THR are not taking this Bagley thing very well at all. Lol. As if he is the only one "pretending" to be a student athlete. Bet him and the rest of the resident idiots at THR, the ones who are glad Roy doesn't do on a and done kids...lol...would LOVE to have Marvin "pretending" at Holeville this year. Ha haaaaa.

TPFKAPFS:
"Bagley should not be forced to play in college or pretend to be a student!"

Poor boys can't even enjoy their summer for worry about us! :p:p OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Have to give it to Maye, he maximized his abilities last year. That said, he's a Heel and I hope he stinks it up this season. It'll be interesting to see if he can transition well to being a bigger part of the team. He'll definitely receive a little more defensive attention this year from opponents.

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
gary is so dumb it's almost painful to watch. Even that idiot must have heard that Bagley's father is from Durham and that his grandma still lives there. Guess he just wanted to "lay it on the line"...facts be damned!! Simply amazing.

gary-7:
"There's a "tell" when it comes to recruiting: If an elite prospect ends up somewhere he has no business and no logical reason to go, then shenanigans are almost certainly afoot.

Let's lay it on the line. Put aside the fact that Roy couldn't have even recruited him because he couldn't get admitted at UNC, Bagley, as a OAD west-coast kid has zero logical LEGIT reason to go to dook. None. He sure as hell can't say he's coming for a dook education, and he's coming across country to join a program that doesn't use or develop Bigs well that already has another frosh elite Big who also doesn't consider himself a 5? Yeah... ok :rolleyes:."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT