ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

The ceiling would be the roof over there if they receivved a Litlle/shittu package.....

The ceiling is the roof ? I always thought the ceiling was the ceiling and the roof was the roof. I don't know about this shittu place unless it's what they call that place when you go out the exit and down the corridor where you see a bunch of people standing in a line with their knees together and or squeezing their butt cheeks together. :) OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
"I can't comprehend how this kids can watch Duke and "like" Duke. I can't think of a team that has had more unlikeable players than Duke, and I can't remember the last time they had a player who was at all likeable - Jefferson maybe?

Compare that to douchebags like Grayson Allen, Justice Winslow, Miles Plumlee, Austin Rivers, etc etc.. Even their "star" player last year, Tatum, had a bad reputation as a selfish player and was vilified by Duke fans for 90% of the season.

I know I'm biased, but UK has had a ton of great kids in the last few years. I can even look at a team I hate - UNC - and admit they seem to always have a lot of likeable kids on their teams - Berry, Justin Jackson, Marcus Paige, etc.

I will never understand the Duke love from so many of this kids."

59 Cat Ballou, Yesterday at 9:22 PM

That Cat Ballou is a huge Duke hating loser.

Fools and their BS about how Duke is ALWAYS gifted the "easiest" bracket. Total losers. Sorry that in 2010 Butler upset a couple bigger boys and Duke ended up not having to face them. But their bracket, at the start of the tourney, was not disproportionately the "easiest". So sick of these blind Duke hating dbags.

"Not counting the opening round games cause those are a gimme.

2010: Duke played Cal, Purdue WITHOUT Hummel, their star player, Baylor, WVU and then BUTLER

2012: UK played Iowa State (Royce White was one of the best players in the country), Indiana, Baylor, Louisville and Kansas

2015: Duke played San Diego State, Utah, Gonzaga and Wisconsin

If you don't see the difference in the teams UK and Duke had to face, I don't know what to tell you."

70 mustnotsleepnow, Today at 9:23 AM

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/bilas-on-the-glenn-show-ncaa-has-no-case.55423/

Apparently loud mouth Bilas in another interview defending the Holes like they are his own children. And of course the Holes agree with Jay 100%. Lol.

I want even listen to him Kellen. He's just sucking up to his UNC Alum boss at ESPN, sucking up to UNC BASKETBALL - ($$$ to ESPN), and his law partners at the Charlotte law firm he works.Bilas will do UNC no good when they step IN that COI hearing in 11 days.

OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Can we change the name of this thread to "everything posted negative about Duke on other boards" or possibly go back to posting funny quotes from THR?

Same thing really....Bilas and Glenn btw ride lock-step together on the UNC scandal....

OFC

Same thing really....Bilas and Glenn btw ride lock-step together on the UNC scandal....

OFC
Certainly not the same thing and I'm not even sure what Bilas and Glenn being in agreement on the UNC scandal has to do with his point anyway. I understand threads often times take on a life of their own- this one was going along pretty great for a while there, so maybe it just ran its course also, but to TW's point, it was created to talk about the hilarious posts that the common cast of characters over at THR were gifting us daily. From Gary's ever knowing, don't ever question me boy, coaching mafia intel that was never right never wrong, jus sayin, to the junior Meeks will be better than the freshman Jahs. It's turned into picking up every single negative thing said on any board about us which wasn't the intent, since we already know people hate us. Some of those comments are indeed hilarious, post away, but the ones that just are spewing the hate about us, don't need every single one of them.

Again, this is my opinion, but the participation from a wide spectrum of posters on this thread has dwindled considerably in recent months. And yes I know, no one is stopping anyone from posting at their own volition, but the truth is it often times drives a number of folks away.

Reactions: tw3301
Well sorry, timo, anyways......

DinosaurHeel said... (original post)

NCAA Rule 16.01.1.1 says that any impermissible benefits THAT HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE do not affect a student-athletes eligibility. Unless the NCAA attaches some monetary value to the assistance that was given, there were no ineligible athletes.

"It has been speculated by some that the NCAA may assign a value of $1 for each instance of an advisor who turned in papers on behalf of players--the amount of gas that would be required to do it. I think that is one avenue where they may be able to convert this into an impermissible benefit, and I totally could see the NCAA doing this based on their past history of viewing sleeping on a couch, getting a ride and/or sharing a pizza with former players as being impermissible..

It's obviously weak sauce if they do, but it might stick particularly if these advisors never did this for non-athletes and even more likely if the NCAA has this "pre-conceived judgment" that they need to fit the facts to in order for the punishment to stick. I think this (or something similar) happened a handful of times and was mentioned somewhere in the hundreds of pages in the Wainstein report. Note that NO ONE who is relevant has yet to accuse UNC or any of its MBB or FB players of NOT writing the 25 page papers per Nyangoro's class requirements. NO ONE."

Certainly not the same thing and I'm not even sure what Bilas and Glenn being in agreement on the UNC scandal has to do with his point anyway. I understand threads often times take on a life of their own- this one was going along pretty great for a while there, so maybe it just ran its course also, but to TW's point, it was created to talk about the hilarious posts that the common cast of characters over at THR were gifting us daily. From Gary's ever knowing, don't ever question me boy, coaching mafia intel that was never right never wrong, jus sayin, to the junior Meeks will be better than the freshman Jahs. It's turned into picking up every single negative thing said on any board about us which wasn't the intent, since we already know people hate us. Some of those comments are indeed hilarious, post away, but the ones that just are spewing the hate about us, don't need every single one of them.

Again, this is my opinion, but the participation from a wide spectrum of posters on this thread has dwindled considerably in recent months. And yes I know, no one is stopping anyone from posting at their own volition, but the truth is it often times drives a number of folks away.

I think Kellen Patrick does a really good job on here Mr.T. Look it was a post about Bilas on the Glenn show from UNC board rite? Its funny to ME because Bilas is a regular guest IMO, because they see things SO IDENTICAL about the UNC scandal. Glenn laps it up like a puppy dog.Then John Feinstein writes a negative piece about UNC, and its "oh he's a Dookie, whatddaya expect from the lite blue." Yeah its hilarious to me because of their mindset, and I have to disagree with you Mr.T. Their negativity about us, and preposterous statements make me laugh because they frequently blend w/one another. OFC

I have to agree @timo0402 on this one. I think at times, especially in the summer we tend to get a little snippy and jaded (just look at @timo0402 and I for a few weeks there). And it really doesn't help that Carolina won the title this season.

This Carolina thread has taken some interesting twists and turns away from its original intent, but I do appreciate that it has, for the most part, been kept to this thread alone. I'm obviously not saying we should stop posting what we feel, let's get that straight. I am saying that at times we do fall into the trap UNC fans put us in, which is the constant negative battering. We're better than them and we always will be. Let's stay above the baby blue din.

Reactions: skysdad
I have to agree @timo0402 on this one. I think at times, especially in the summer we tend to get a little snippy and jaded (just look at @timo0402 and I for a few weeks there). And it really doesn't help that Carolina won the title this season.

This Carolina thread has taken some interesting twists and turns away from its original intent, but I do appreciate that it has, for the most part, been kept to this thread alone. I'm obviously not saying we should stop posting what we feel, let's get that straight. I am saying that at times we do fall into the trap UNC fans put us in, which is the constant negative battering. We're better than them and we always will be. Let's stay above the baby blue din.

That will get ya back in good w/Stephen A, Mr. Bayless! :D OFC

Amen.

Look at pathetic gary responding to himself and acting as if nobody realizes he now has three handles over there. FlaTarHeel, FranktheHeel, or whatever it is and gary. Umm, gary...we all know you dummy.

FalTarHeel:
"He's a star gary, and RW is on him hard.
However the dad was a legend for the Canes football program."

gary-7:
"Yeah... There's that."

Absolutely pathetic human being. Embarrassing.

Hah. We'd need a makeup department for that show.
I would watch. You guys are quite entertaining. Hokie all kidding aside you really handle yourself quite well, and dont take yourself too seriously. Kudos to you sir, and make it a great day!:) OFC

I would watch. You guys are quite entertaining. Hokie all kidding aside you really handle yourself quite well, and dont take yourself too seriously. Kudos to you sir, and make it a great day!:) OFC
Are you saying some take themselves too serious? Say it ain't so

Are you saying some take themselves too serious? Say it ain't so
No way, just think he handles himself quite well....I remember when Hokie and I were debating about some of Duke's best teams, and he really showed appreciation for the Bubas era. I imagine I am much older than him, and appreciate his flexibility in understanding the success of Duke Basketball in the 60s.

Ah but enough of that, I dont dare wont to detract further from the content of the thread of the Funny THR quotes....Have a good day all!:) OFC

No way, just think he handles himself quite well....I remember when Hokie and I were debating about some of Duke's best teams, and he really showed appreciation for the Bubas era. I imagine I am much older than him, and appreciate his flexibility in understanding the success of Duke Basketball in the 60s.

Ah but enough of that, I dont dare wont to detract further from the content of the thread of the Funny THR quotes....Have a good day all!:) OFC

dukehokie has always respected the OFC post about pre-Coach K Duke basketball players. OFC

I think @timo0402 handles himself well too. He cares about this board like the rest of us. He won't back down if he's confronted and he'll defend this team's pride like no other. And he loves Trajan Langdon. Haha.

Reactions: timo0402
"I can't comprehend how this kids can watch Duke and "like" Duke. I can't think of a team that has had more unlikeable players than Duke, and I can't remember the last time they had a player who was at all likeable - Jefferson maybe?

Compare that to douchebags like Grayson Allen, Justice Winslow, Miles Plumlee, Austin Rivers, etc etc.. Even their "star" player last year, Tatum, had a bad reputation as a selfish player and was vilified by Duke fans for 90% of the season.

I know I'm biased, but UK has had a ton of great kids in the last few years. I can even look at a team I hate - UNC - and admit they seem to always have a lot of likeable kids on their teams - Berry, Justin Jackson, Marcus Paige, etc.

I will never understand the Duke love from so many of this kids."

59 Cat Ballou, Yesterday at 9:22 PM

That Cat Ballou is a huge Duke hating loser.

How did all this time go by and nobody asked... Miles Plumlee? Wtf did Miles do to deserve that?

What a cute little shot at Duval here. Yeah, Duke has no PG this year. Unreal.
  1. HeelVol 5876 posts
    Jul 29, 9:28 AM via Mobile
    "Great player but I'd be more concerned if Duke actually got a quality point guard which is what they DESPERATELY need...not another power forward.

PG Duval
    SG Allen
    SF Trent
    PF Carter
    PF Bagley

Bench
    PG nobody
    SG freshman O'Connell, freshman Goldwire
    SF soph and zero experience Andrew White, freshman Tucker
    PF soph and minimally experienced Delaurier
    C soph and minimally experienced sophomores Bolden and Vrankovic.

Duke wins the recruting awards but their roster is not ideal. Talented starting five but with the way that roster is constructed, that team has a ceiling.

Our roster's glaring weakness is experience with the big men but we have time to develop them before the conference schedule begins.

Maybe Bagley sees that crowded front court and thin backcourt at Duke and instead selects USc and plays with former Duke pg Derryck Thornton."

What a cute little shot at Duval here. Yeah, Duke has no PG this year. Unreal.
  1. HeelVol 5876 posts
    Jul 29, 9:28 AM via Mobile
    "Great player but I'd be more concerned if Duke actually got a quality point guard which is what they DESPERATELY need...not another power forward.

PG Duval
    SG Allen
    SF Trent
    PF Carter
    PF Bagley

Bench
    PG nobody
    SG freshman O'Connell, freshman Goldwire
    SF soph and zero experience Andrew White, freshman Tucker
    PF soph and minimally experienced Delaurier
    C soph and minimally experienced sophomores Bolden and Vrankovic.

Duke wins the recruting awards but their roster is not ideal. Talented starting five but with the way that roster is constructed, that team has a ceiling.

Our roster's glaring weakness is experience with the big men but we have time to develop them before the conference schedule begins.

Maybe Bagley sees that crowded front court and thin backcourt at Duke and instead selects USc and plays with former Duke pg Derryck Thornton."

Pretty pitiful isnt it KP??? OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
gary talking to one of his alter egos again. Lollll. Pathetic. Yes, of course Garrison Brooks is actually 6'11"! Lol. Does that make you feel better dummy gary?? Haaaa.

gary-7:
"Brooks is not closer to 6'7."

"My God I hope not."
:(

24 FlaTarHeel, Friday at 12:38 AM

Last edited:
More class over at RR on a new thread about K having knee replacement and, again, how SELFISH he is by cancelling the Dominican trip for the team.

"That much closer to being gone. A great step forward for College Basketball, player safety and the integrity of the game!"

3 LineSkiCat14, 22 minutes ago

UKvisitor:
"If K can't go NOBODY goes: o_O. Tell me the logic behind this."

UKvisitor:
"Didn't Cal do the HIP replacement thing without a disruption in UK basketball commitments?"

Of course Cal did......lol.

bookerfan66:
"Couldn't Capel and the other assistants still take the team?I'm sure if Cal was hurt he still would want the team to go."

Cawood86
"That's a big time surgery and rehab deal. I have a bad knee myself that needs it. Definitely no K fan, but sympathize with pain. Wish him the best with that."

Fitch44:
"That rat will never get sympathy from me.
He can crawl back to the sewer from which he came and gnaw on a bag of dicks."

VERYYY classy guy that Fitch is!

Cardsstink:
"Tweet this to the proper recruits to show them how selfish K is, not to mention falling apart."

Those poooooor Duke kids having to deal with SELFISH K. Waaaaaah!!! UNC fans are bad but I have never seen a fanbase like UK. They are sooooo whiny and seem to have a Duke inferiority complex/paranoia anymore.

So Duval isn't a pg now ? Neat. You baby blue bastards are gonna get to see him playing pg, and your ass ain't gonna enjoy it.

Reactions: dukehokie
Hark_The_Sound_2010 said: ↑
"I wonder why Roy didn't do an interview solely focused on his own physical problems and even his bouts with vertigo. It's almost as if Roy wants the focus to be on the players rather than himself. What a novel idea.

K is such a self-centered prick it's nauseating."

"This is so true.

K really has made the program about himself instead of the players. That's even looking through a rational eye. It's disgusting."

5 dadika13, Friday at 1:46 PM

A message from Coach K ... pic.twitter.com/nJLa6QFNw7

— Duke Basketball (@DukeMBB) August 10, 2017

"Big risk for Rat Face to do this now. If dook loses a couple games this year, he won't be able to use "my knees hurt" as an excuse to sit out.

Gotta love the way he's acting like he's dook's starting PG. Ego Maniac of Historical proportions."

1 DaSheed, Thursday at 5:59 PM Last edited: Thursday at 6:06 PM

Carolina will always be the second/third best school in the state. That's got to sting. They used to have basketball superiority (allbeit tainted), but even that is not there anymore. They can talk all they want. The rankings don't lie. Duke is just better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT