ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I've been debating making a second account with the handle "Gary's Sources" then giving it to my 5 year old daughter and let her respond to any thread where Gary claims sources.

But alas she has more basketball knowledge than Gary and can out smart him in a argument, so no reason to put her through that.

I doubt you'll hafta worry about that. JB keeps a weather eye on social media. As we well know, opponents won't like Joel Berry when he's mad...:mad:

JB was better than Tripper in HS, he was better in AAU and he's better in college ---and that will extend to the pros. As for BSPN, I know they're bad about this sort of thing, but even I was shocked at how idiotic that list was.

Shark = jumped.

So not only does he personally knows what Berry does in his spare time he also completely ignores rankings, stats, and future draft projections from non Gary sources.

Bilas isn't afraid to say what's on his mind and doesn't pretend to be a kiss ass. I don't agree with him all the time, but I still think he's best in the business.

As for his relationship with K, it's strong. The two are very tight....regardless of what Gary's 'sources' are telling him.

Really does it matter how Bilas feels. He like all of us has an opinion about it but he gets paid for it. Like I've said it before the rule is kind of silly but shouldn't be changed just because hof coach roy williams needs him now. That's what it's all about. unc thinking they are entitled again. OFC

gary and the boys are VERY hurt over this list as well. How dare anyone but the great Joel Berry be #1??!!
One of the clowns putting down Duval and saying he wouldn't even be able to beat out the mighty Jalek Felton if he were on the Holes. LOL!!!! They soooo love overblowing Felton. He is their "big" recruit I guess. Hey bozos, he is NOT elite....no matter how much you fools want it to be true. You did not bring in a Wendell Carter, Gary Trent or Trevon Duval (and yes, Holes, he is way overrated, I get it. Lol.). Sorry, fellas.

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/someone-please-show-joel-this-list.54067/

Another gem from one of the gurus on THR Archer. All bigs interested in an education should come to UNC. It is incredible the lack of awareness and denial from that fanbase

Another gem from one of the gurus on THR Archer. All bigs interested in an education should come to UNC. It is incredible the lack of awareness and denial from that fanbase

No doubt he meant "ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION," which requires NO CLASS ATTENDANCE, one paper at semester's end possibly plagarized, and/or written by an academic advisor, and graded by a secretary....OFC

I've never seen a man crush in my entire life like Gary has with Joel Berry. And I live in western mass as a Giants fan and I'm well surrounded by the Tom Brady fans. It is unnatural and frankly pretty creepy the way Gary talks about his "little dog."

I was just coming to post this. Archer is something else. As you said, what absolute, heads in the sand, denial over there. Too dumb to realize they should be absolutely embarrassed when talking about EDUCATION at Holeville. Good Lord.

Archer2:
"Oh, the irony. We're known for our inside/outside offense, yet we struggle to sign top 15 big men. I think the reason is that top 15 big men consider themselves OAD and we're simply not considered a "get to the NBA ASAP school". And I'm perfectly fine with that. But I hate to see us waste time on guys like Giles/Knox/Zion when we have very little real chance of signing them. An education and a NCAA Championship mean much less to them than cashing that first NBA paycheck as quickly as possible."

I've never seen a man crush in my entire life like Gary has with Joel Berry. And I live in western mass as a Giants fan and I'm well surrounded by the Tom Brady fans. It is unnatural and frankly pretty creepy the way Gary talks about his "little dog."

I got one for Marshall Plumlee. :D OFC

Reactions: crazyduke3
This from some dummy at RR. Do these people really believe this crap?! Cal is some stickler on academics all of a sudden, huh?? Give me a break.

"Ayton would have signed with UK if his academics hadnt of been a red flag to cal. If we hadn't of cooled on him I don't even think he adds Arizona as a school to consider."

I was just coming to post this. Archer is something else. As you said, what absolute, heads in the sand, denial over there. Too dumb to realize they should be absolutely embarrassed when talking about EDUCATION at Holeville. Good Lord.

Archer2:
"Oh, the irony. We're known for our inside/outside offense, yet we struggle to sign top 15 big men. I think the reason is that top 15 big men consider themselves OAD and we're simply not considered a "get to the NBA ASAP school". And I'm perfectly fine with that. But I hate to see us waste time on guys like Giles/Knox/Zion when we have very little real chance of signing them. An education and a NCAA Championship mean much less to them than cashing that first NBA paycheck as quickly as possible."

I love it when Tar Holes talk about "education." BELLY LAUGHS!!!!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Guarantee this isn't a true story at all. What dorks.

soap-new and improved:
"Dook fans. Yeeech.

I was wearing one of my many Tar Heel shirts last night, having a conversation with a friend. He has asked me to hook up his many electronics and re-do his wireless network once he is settled into his new home. Jokingly, I said to him "well it should take about an hour, so we better allow 4 since we're doing it." A young man I have never met before, who was not a part of our conversation interjected "I see you are a UNC fan, maybe if you pulled for a real school like dook it wouldn't take you so long." I replied, "I only wish I was wearing one of my many 2017 NCAA National Champions shirts - just for you" He shot back "I proudly wear my 2017 ACC Champs shirt. I told him "good for you, and I will make that trade every year. You guys keep winning the ACC and we'll be happy winning NCAA Championships."

gary is very upset about Duval.....lol.
"All I can say is that:
1. NOBODY from dook should EVER question anyone's academic standards ever again, and
2. even if he never goes to class, at least he'll get his green ass taken to school by Joel Berry."

He wants to suck Joel Berry off soooo bad!!! Lol.

That's a bit harsh, didn't Dean get upset about the "JR can't read" signs? Some of these kids are actually intelligent despite what you may think. Also UNC recruited Giles.

gary:
"JR was an excellent student and his parents were teachers IIRC, Duval should only get into a JUCO with his record."

Guarantee this isn't a true story at all. What dorks.

soap-new and improved:
"Dook fans. Yeeech.

I was wearing one of my many Tar Heel shirts last night, having a conversation with a friend. He has asked me to hook up his many electronics and re-do his wireless network once he is settled into his new home. Jokingly, I said to him "well it should take about an hour, so we better allow 4 since we're doing it." A young man I have never met before, who was not a part of our conversation interjected "I see you are a UNC fan, maybe if you pulled for a real school like dook it wouldn't take you so long." I replied, "I only wish I was wearing one of my many 2017 NCAA National Champions shirts - just for you" He shot back "I proudly wear my 2017 ACC Champs shirt. I told him "good for you, and I will make that trade every year. You guys keep winning the ACC and we'll be happy winning NCAA Championships."

Made up. OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
gary on J.R. (can't) Reid. Apparently he was actually a Rhodes scholar. Lol.

"JR was an excellent student and his parents were teachers IIRC, Duval should only get into a JUCO with his record."

gary on J.R. (can't) Reid. Apparently he was actually a Rhodes scholar. Lol.

Weren't all UNC athletes excellent students at UNC wether they could read or not? I'm sure their grades reflect this.

Delusional thread from a delusional group. What do they want a NCAA sponsored parade for winning a championship? Most people have moved on because that is what people do in sports. I simply can't figure those idiots out over there, one day they are bickering among themselves over players leaving and next year's roster and the next they are crying because people are praising them enough for winning last year's championship. It is like they need a "How-To" book on celebrating a championship

Delusional thread from a delusional group. What do they want a NCAA sponsored parade for winning a championship? Most people have moved on because that is what people do in sports. I simply can't figure those idiots out over there, one day they are bickering among themselves over players leaving and next year's roster and the next they are crying because people are praising them enough for winning last year's championship. It is like they need a "How-To" book on celebrating a championship
Guess the book would be titled How to be sane human being for dummies

I am a proud Carolina fan and I probably wear some kind of UNC attire daily, mostly baseball caps, T-shirts and in the winter sweatshirts and normally people say You must be a Carolina or just smile as they walk by but ever since my Carolina hat came in which is indentica to the ones the team proudly put on after the championship game I have found that many anti-UNC fans will not even look me in the face and quickly will walk by.

I never realize there was still so much elementary grade attitude and dislike for Carolina after the Tar Heels cut down the nets. Like the old NY Yankees, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Cowboys and Montreal Canadiens people hate teams that win so much and that jealous is now more obvious than ever.

Mumbled words on people's breath and strange looks from others when I proudly show off my UNC attire just is one of those things I have to deal with just like all of those ABC ers have to deal with when I go out and show off my 2017 championship hat.

1 IDUNK4HEELS, Yesterday at 3:13 PM

I hafta say I still SMH at the number of even non-ACC fans who seem to relish the idea and buy into the propaganda of UNC's supposed impending NCAA demise. Granted, perhaps UNC basketball has projected a bit of a holier-than-thou image since Dean took the reins, but that was honestly well-earned. We did things right, we didn't cheat and we graduated players taking real academic pursuits.

That being said, unless you're an ACC fan (or uk) who UNC regularly pounds on the court, why would anyone harbor that resentment? Unlike dook, UNC basketball is not inherently hateable --- just the opposite in fact. It is one of the most recognizable and admired brands in all of sport, and we've often benefitted from kids around the country being UNC fans despite having no connection.

That's one reason why this season's accomplishments are so important for our brand. Depsite the progaganda, what the public saw was a gritty and likeable bunch of kids who weren't mercenaries, but instead stayed in school and came back for redemption and succeeded with their best player on 2 bum ankles.

Honestly I think much of the animosity is born in the media, where dook and uk worship prevails and we're treated like yesterday's news. That over-hyped video of Fox and Adebayo crying frankly left me cold because the same thing happens in 67 other locker rooms in March. Perhaps the media should hone in on those Seniors who've given their all to a university and a program for 4 years and lose that last precious game.

Anyway, to the haters, as an old golf club pro I know used to say, "F*** em and feed em beans".

3 gary-7, Yesterday at 3:53 PM

Dork gary talking about potential Pitt transfer Cam Johnson's visit to Holeville. The "family" crap from those A holes gets real old. They truly do think they are the only ones with some sort of FAMILY atmosphere. Good God.

"Well, that's pretty much been the case for most of this saga. From what is out there post-visit he indeed seems to have confirmed that feeling. It's also very cool he got to experience members of the family returning for pick-up games."

Dork gary talking about potential Pitt transfer Cam Johnson's visit to Holeville. The "family" crap from those A holes gets real old. They truly do think they are the only ones with some sort of FAMILY atmosphere. Good God.

"Well, that's pretty much been the case for most of this saga. From what is out there post-visit he indeed seems to have confirmed that feeling. It's also very cool he got to experience members of the family returning for pick-up games."
Kellen you know what "family" really means don't you"? It means we got caught cheating for over 20 years and we should stick together like a "family" and deny it ever happened.

I am thrilled that John Wall went elsewhere. He had a handler who got paid for delivery. That isn't the UNC way. From soap-new and improved.

We are glad he went elsewhere to. OFC

This from some clown that goes by "uncfan in ky".

"UNC has now overtaken UK as the top program you're crazy.... UNC has ALWAYS been the top program of all time. Those cheating bastards have never been on UNC's level."

A UNCheat fan talking about others CHEATING??? BWahahahahahahaaaaaa....

Goof at the Hole board talking about potential recruit Armando Bacout. Lame shot at K but at least he has the "academics" for the Holes! Lolll!!! Are they even serious?

"If UNC gets involved, I can not imagine him not being very interested. Kid should be better than K. Meeks and two National championship games, one title, back to back....What not to like? But comp is gonna be stiff. Virginia, Kansas, Duke, Wake, hometown Richmond, and most likely Kentucky will all also be in play. He has the academics for UNC, so that is not an issue."

2 bluemetro, Monday at 12:19 AM

Goof at the Hole board talking about potential recruit Armando Bacout. Lame shot at K but at least he has the "academics" for the Holes! Lolll!!! Are they even serious?

"If UNC gets involved, I can not imagine him not being very interested. Kid should be better than K. Meeks and two National championship games, one title, back to back....What not to like? But comp is gonna be stiff. Virginia, Kansas, Duke, Wake, hometown Richmond, and most likely Kentucky will all also be in play. He has the academics for UNC, so that is not an issue."

Where did he take a shot at K?

I think he meant K. Meeks, as in Kennedy Meeks.

Reactions: tw3301
I've been debating making a second account with the handle "Gary's Sources" then giving it to my 5 year old daughter and let her respond to any thread where Gary claims sources.

But alas she has more basketball knowledge than Gary and can out smart him in a argument, so no reason to put her through that.
Why would you ask your daughter to dumb herself down?

Reactions: QC Dukie
There is a thread up over at thr asking Is Greensboro an unc town.

I can answer that . Yes. For all of you in don't live in North Carolina every town in North Carolina is an unc town. Not only every town but every city, township, village, pig path, goat path, holler, mill village, community and a sign in the road are unc. That's about the stupidest question I have ever read over at thr. OFC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT