ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels CB's Kessler to UNC

Kessler chose poorly.

dJlj7l9.jpg

OFC

That’s true but it’s still and odd thing to hear. Luke had a lot going against him but busted his. Kessler has a lot more natural talent so we will see

It’s especially an odd selling point to “win” a recruit on when K compared Kessler and his role to Laettner.

I don’t know that anything except that $200K that Gilbert promised would’ve gotten him here. I thought we were leading and I was dead wrong too.

Well, you can't get them all. And by the way, is this one of them thar one and dones that THR has been telling us that they and Roy don't want?

OFC

Oh yeah dirt. As long as Duke gets them it's bush but since both white and little were then it's ok. Same as with Zona, KU, NCSU, LSU and everyone else being named in the latest NCAA allegations unc cheater u nation is all about putting the hammer done but they cheated for over 20 years and got away with it. Entitlement. If I had any power at all atvany one of the aboved mentioned or any other NCAA schools and sanctions or anything else were handed down I wouod sue the NCAA. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Well, you can't get them all. And by the way, is this one of them thar one and dones that THR has been telling us that they and Roy don't want?

OFC

One of the sickening uncheater fans on thr said kessler didnt choose Duke because we really didnt want him. I dont think we've ever said that about a recruit we lost but have read it almost every time they lose one. The unc cheating fans are just like the political party idiots I despise.

Funny how some on here sound just like thr or rump rafters when we lose out on a recruit. Not too long ago he was coming to Duke and we had to have him. Now that he’s committed to the dark side,he’s not that good and we really didn’t want him.

Like I said weeks ago...I’ll gladly take Williams over him. We need a defensive center that can finish at the rim. Kessler and Williams weren’t going to be the twin towers out there. Let’s get Williams and we’re good

Like I said weeks ago...I’ll gladly take Williams over him. We need a defensive center that can finish at the rim. Kessler and Williams weren’t going to be the twin towers out there. Let’s get Williams and we’re good

Williams and Kessler were never mutually exclusive and losing Kessler is a blow to Duke's 2019-'20 recruiting goals.

Assuming we get mark williams which i think we will we’re still going to need at least one other big man imo. I was wondering what you all preferred. Options i can think of are a grad transfer, trying to get back in with Dawson Garcia, hunter Dickinson or Xavier foster, try to get in the race for makur maker, or get kuminga to reclass and we go small ball. Or any other thoughts you come up with

We need multiple bigs, if we're being honest. Doubt we return anyone next year that can play the 4 or 5. Jav and Jack are seniors. Vernon Carey is a lock to be a OAD. Good chance Hurt leaves after one season. Would like to get Mark Williams, Henry Coleman + one more guy. If we get Williams, I assume Jalen Johnson and Mark Williams start at the 4 and 5. But, we still need AT LEAST two more guys that can play the 4 and/or 5. Henry Coleman would fill one of those spots (hoping we land him). After that, K needs to sign a minimum of one more capable big.

Reactions: DukeNation12
If we get Kuminga to reclass we will be fine. He's a 6'8 monster and could in theory play small-ball center. I'm guessing he doesn't want to play center, but either way, have him at PF with just about anyone at C and that would still be a formidable front-court, the guy is gonna be that dominant.

Everything I've read, seems like there's a good chance he reclassifies and an even better change he picks Duke.

Maybe we could look for an experienced center grad-transfer too.

We need multiple bigs, if we're being honest. Doubt we return anyone next year that can play the 4 or 5. Jav and Jack are seniors. Vernon Carey is a lock to be a OAD. Good chance Hurt leaves after one season. Would like to get Mark Williams, Henry Coleman + one more guy. If we get Williams, I assume Jalen Johnson and Mark Williams start at the 4 and 5. But, we still need AT LEAST two more guys that can play the 4 and/or 5. Henry Coleman would fill one of those spots (hoping we land him). After that, K needs to sign a minimum of one more capable big.

Joey Baker should be able to play some 4 next season. But Duke absolutely needs two guys who can play the 5.

Williams and Kessler were never mutually exclusive and losing Kessler is a blow to Duke's 2019-'20 recruiting goals.

This may open the door for that #1 kid in 2021 to reclass. I rather have him. We will have bodies. Coach K is very convincing when it comes to reclasses

People who follow this recruiting stuff, why aren't we going after Jalen Green. He's pretty much begging to come here. I see he's #3 on espn now. I'm guessing he's better than Zaire Williams

People who follow this recruiting stuff, why aren't we going after Jalen Green. He's pretty much begging to come here. I see he's #3 on espn now. I'm guessing he's better than Zaire Williams
I always wondered why we were never involved with him. A week or two ago a couple people put some stuff on Twitter that said Duke had a chance to sneak in and grab him after he and UK split ways. Haven’t heard anything about the two since then. Honestly i think I’d prefer ziaire because he’s very talented too and we also steal him from cheater U

Believe there are some reasons as to why the staff will not be pursing Green. It will not happen.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

My guess is that Green could likely play overseas and never see a college campus. I can see why Duke and staff don't want to put that much time in and the kid decide to not even play in college.

That said, our need next year is big men. Green is terrific but if we only have a few big men, Green won't be able to solve that.

My guess is that Green could likely play overseas and never see a college campus. I can see why Duke and staff don't want to put that much time in and the kid decide to not even play in college.

That said, our need next year is big men. Green is terrific but if we only have a few big men, Green won't be able to solve that.
I agree 100%. Duke needs to add another Big man for this class. If Duke can lock up Coleman, Mark Williams, and add Xavier Foster, that would help solidify Duke's depth upfront. Jalen Johnson will play the 4 and Duke could utilize Coleman, Williams, and Foster at the center position. Coleman's natural position is PF but he has the size to bang in the post. They're saying he's up around the 6'8 240lb I believe.

Oh yeah dirt. As long as Duke gets them it's bush but since both white and little were then it's ok. Same as with Zona, KU, NCSU, LSU and everyone else being named in the latest NCAA allegations unc cheater u nation is all about putting the hammer done but they cheated for over 20 years and got away with it. Entitlement. If I had any power at all atvany one of the aboved mentioned or any other NCAA schools and sanctions or anything else were handed down I wouod sue the NCAA.
OFC

Absolutely, Sky! Entitlement is what it is all about.

OFC

One of the sickening uncheater fans on thr said kessler didnt choose Duke because we really didnt want him. I dont think we've ever said that about a recruit we lost but have read it almost every time they lose one. The unc cheating fans are just like the political party idiots I despise.

You're right, Gotta, don't think hardly anyone on here ever says we didn't want a recruit just because we didn't get him. We (me included) want everyone Duke goes after, and if we miss out, well, go on to the next play. But those THR guys...smh!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT