ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN top 50 players

From what I hear about Ayton, he should be higher. The last time we saw Bridges he was very unimpressive in the NCAA tournament. There's lots of room for Grayson and Bagley to move up.

Here’s the link directly to website....not to the app.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...080/cbbrank-top-50-players-college-basketball

A few of my thoughts on their top 50....

- I can’t figure out whether I think Grayson is being undersold or overvalued....guess we’ll find out

- I’ve never hid my love for upperclassmen guards, specifically lead guards....I feel both Joel Berry and Jalen Brunson are too low at 13 and 17, respectively....

- No problem with Bridges being number one overall....I love when lottery picks like him choose coming BACK to school, and the ESPN article today about him is really good....sounds like a great kid

- Love seeing Reid Travis on the list and still wish he had chosen Duke....in fact, I haven’t given up hope just yet that he’s not a potential grad transfer option for next season

- USC is going to have a really good team....super long and athletic with a nice addition of Thornton to run the offense

You can get on thr. OFC
Yes. I've only posted a few times. I don't have a high level of hate for UNC and don't go there just to troll. Even still some of them try to make it sound like I am. There are some incredibly thin-skinned, high-strung people over there.

Was just about to post this. We may need two basketballs. Pretty good listing:

Grayson at 6 - I think he's a bit overvalued. Talent wise he could get there.

Bagley at 9 - Sounds right. For now. Since he's a freshman. Talent could move up.

Carter at 33 - Also seems right. I suspect he'd be higher if there were no Bagley. But, he too could move up or down. I like his attitude though.

Trent, Jr. at 43 - Probably correct also, given the talent on the team. But, he's overshadowed by the others. Could be a great player.

Duval at 44 - Right as well. If his shooting is off, it could hurt him. If he shoots well, he should rise way up from 44.

Was just about to post this. We may need two basketballs. Pretty good listing:

Grayson at 6 - I think he's a bit overvalued. Talent wise he could get there.

Bagley at 9 - Sounds right. For now. Since he's a freshman. Talent could move up.

Carter at 33 - Also seems right. I suspect he'd be higher if there were no Bagley. But, he too could move up or down. I like his attitude though.

Trent, Jr. at 43 - Probably correct also, given the talent on the team. But, he's overshadowed by the others. Could be a great player.

Duval at 44 - Right as well. If his shooting is off, it could hurt him. If he shoots well, he should rise way up from 44.
I agree with all you said except two.

Grayson isn't overvalued, only senior on this Duke team, only player to play in a national championship game and only real player left who has seen meaningful minutes on the court. His leadership and knowledge will go a long way with this team. Especially adversity made by his own self. He's the only player that can talk to players like Duval when you get benched for something stupid.

Duval, still has to show he can be more then just a scorer. His knock is his outside shot however he still needs to show he can run a team and take a back seat with his scoring and run the team as an extension of K on the court.

I only have a small sample of Wendell, but I think he's going to be a beast. I agree with the poster that said he reminds him of Elton Brand.
I think he may end up being even better.

Yes. I've only posted a few times. I don't have a high level of hate for UNC and don't go there just to troll. Even still some of them try to make it sound like I am. There are some incredibly thin-skinned, high-strung people over there.

This post just might have done it for you. The line "There are some incredibly thin-skinned , high strung people over there" may have crossed the line. OFC

Grayson isn't overvalued, only senior on this Duke team, only player to play in a national championship game and only real player left who has seen meaningful minutes on the court. His leadership and knowledge will go a long way with this team. Especially adversity made by his own self. He's the only player that can talk to players like Duval when you get benched for something stupid.

Duval, still has to show he can be more then just a scorer. His knock is his outside shot however he still needs to show he can run a team and take a back seat with his scoring and run the team as an extension of K on the court.
Grayson definitely isn't overvalued as far as what he means to our team, but nationally, on the cusp of 1st team AA is pretty ambitious after taking a step back last year.

Tre just a scorer for now? I've gotten the impression he's the quintessential distributor.

I think they're off on Gary a bit. Not necessarily ranking-wise, but in mentioning any adjustment he might need to make, as if that's an issue. He's going to have plenty of room to play his game and not defer to anyone, and he's going to be more than happy to set up a teammate rather than push too hard himself. The way they stated it in the article makes it seem as if ego could get in the way or something.

Reactions: youngman42
This post just might have done it for you. The line "There are some incredibly thin-skinned , high strung people over there" may have crossed the line. OFC
If I get banned on THR for posting that here, well then it is absolute proof that what I said is, without doubt, 100% true.

Reactions: skysdad
Grayson definitely isn't overvalued as far as what he means to our team, but nationally, on the cusp of 1st team AA is pretty ambitious after taking a step back last year.

Tre just a scorer for now? I've gotten the impression he's the quintessential distributor.

I think they're off on Gary a bit. Not necessarily ranking-wise, but in mentioning any adjustment he might need to make, as if that's an issue. He's going to have plenty of room to play his game and not defer to anyone, and he's going to be more than happy to set up a teammate rather than push too hard himself. The way they stated it in the article makes it seem as if ego could get in the way or something.
Duval's two ? Marks has always been his decission making and shooting. That's why he's first round but not lottery. Teams want to see if he can run a team and not be the primary scorer ( which imo, he will learn how to do his one year at Duke). He is a great athlete and finisher but will be called more on his ability to lead the team on the floor.

I agree with all you said except two.

Agree with everything you said on Grayson. Absolutely the most significant and impactful player for Duke given his leadership. I wasn't rating them relative to team importance, based on their "national ranking" of best players. Grayson was rated #6 overall on the national level. That's why I thought he could be over-valued, from a national perspective, at this point. I certainly think he could be a 1st team AA so it's possible the ranking is right, but at this point it's hard to know. He has a lot more to prove to get to #6 in the nation, imo. :)

Reactions: sheyduke

There were whispers of some 'issues' surrounding Gary a couple of years ago that had me worried when Duke started recruiting him. When Duke kind of 'backed' off temporarily, I think it lit a spark and made him take some ownership. His dream had always been to play for Duke....when he saw them flirting and then backing away (ever so slightly) he made concerted effort to show that's not who he was. Basically, two years ago I would have worried that what's said in the article does apply to him, but I don't think it does anymore.

There were whispers of some 'issues' surrounding Gary a couple of years ago that had me worried when Duke started recruiting him. When Duke kind of 'backed' off temporarily, I think it lit a spark and made him take some ownership. His dream had always been to play for Duke....when he saw them flirting and then backing away (ever so slightly) he made concerted effort to show that's not who he was. Basically, two years ago I would have worried that what's said in the article does apply to him, but I don't think it does anymore.
Ah. I didn't know that history. In that case, it is a relevant thing to mention as a possible thing to troubleshoot. It's sort of like mentioning injuries: We know that's really the worst-case scenario for what could happen on the court, but unless a guy has a history, we don't bother bringing it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT