ADVERTISEMENT

Duval injury???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree...If Duval would just stop turning the ball over I think we would be fine...I like him defensively much better in the zone also ala Mich st. Game....

The problem with this article is that he’s comparing O’Connell to duval who has two different roles. Obviously Tre will get more turnovers. He’s a ball handler. O’Connell barely even touches the ball. He’s usually catching and shooting. He doesn’t have the responsibility of checking the opposing point guard and running the offense. If you want to start O’Connell just to let Tre sit back and get a feel for the game then cool. But at the end of the day we won’t win a championship with Grayson as the point guard. He got benched last year as the point guard. Plus this year he hasn’t really shown the ability to step up in big games. He needs to focus on shooting.

Reactions: AlanInNJ and GAAP
The problem with this article is that he’s comparing O’Connell to duval who has two different roles. Obviously Tre will get more turnovers. He’s a ball handler. O’Connell barely even touches the ball. He’s usually catching and shooting. He doesn’t have the responsibility of checking the opposing point guard and running the offense. If you want to start O’Connell just to let Tre sit back and get a feel for the game then cool. But at the end of the day we won’t win a championship with Grayson as the point guard. He got benched last year as the point guard. Plus this year he hasn’t really shown the ability to step up in big games. He needs to focus on shooting.
Tom Izzo says you're full of sh%*

He wasn’t running the offense against Michigan state. He was just scoring. Duval had the double double with 6 steals.
You said he hasn't stepped up in big games. We need both, and both haven't been what we want them to be. Not saying either are terrible. Let's leave it at that and win tomorrow night.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I agree...If Duval would just stop turning the ball over I think we would be fine...I like him defensively much better in the zone also ala Mich st. Game....
Allen turns it over a lot when he leaves his feet before deciding what to do. Bad mistake for a senior.

For instance with the game threads, you know if we are losing, some crazy negative shit is gonna be said. Never fails. I don’t see much reason to get too mad at that when you know it’s coming.

Some historical perspective is in order since you've only been here for a short time. The 'emotional' fans (aka, the whiners, the complainers and the entitled) only appeared on this site in the last 2 or so years. Before then, rationality was the rule, not the exception. I know some of the newbies will take issue with this, but I won't know about it. Why? Because I have pisgah (one of the worst), socal, mac and several others on ignore. I love ignore!

Duke basketball has given me so much enjoyment over the decades (notice I did not say years). I enrolled as a freshman in the fall of 1976. It took 14 long years before I saw my first championship team (it was much longer for some of my OFC brethren). Duke has won 2 titles this decade! That's awesome! The complainers can kiss my saggy, hairy ass. OFC

Some historical perspective is in order since you've only been here for a short time. The 'emotional' fans (aka, the whiners, the complainers and the entitled) only appeared on this site in the last 2 or so years. Before then, rationality was the rule, not the exception. I know some of the newbies will take issue with this, but I won't know about it. Why? Because I have pisgah (one of the worst), socal, mac and several others on ignore. I love ignore!

Duke basketball has given me so much enjoyment over the decades (notice I did not say years). I enrolled as a freshman in the fall of 1976. It took 14 long years before I saw my first championship team (it was much longer for some of my OFC brethren). Duke has won 2 titles this decade! That's awesome! The complainers can kiss my saggy, hairy ass. OFC

Amen

And let's be clear - he has more than just "us" on ignore for "whining"; he gets frustrated when he's been called out, or laid a poorly timed "attempt" at a joke. I will concur though, ignore is a fantastic feature. I typically only ignore those who claim to be better and/or smarter than anyone else (3 total). Even ipsychotic didn't get put in my ignore list so I do believe that's a fair representation of my patience level. The bickering happens at every board but it can be taken in stride.

Lastly, don't look at GAAP as a representative of OFC - the OFC club here has some fantastic gentlemen, much more polished than he could ever be.

And let's be clear - he has more than just "us" on ignore for "whining"; he gets frustrated when he's been called out, or laid a poorly timed "attempt" at a joke. I will concur though, ignore is a fantastic feature. I typically only ignore those who claim to be better and/or smarter than anyone else (3 total). Even ipsychotic didn't get put in my ignore list so I do believe that's a fair representation of my patience level. The bickering happens at every board but it can be taken in stride.

Lastly, don't look at GAAP as a representative of OFC - the OFC club here has some fantastic gentlemen, much more polished than he could ever be.
I enjoy most posters, and love reading what everyone says. Nothing wrong with debate. Some shy away from it, which is fine, some instigate trouble. Your last paragraph is spot on SoCal. Honestly, there is very little that Gaap brings to the table other than very lame attempts at humor. He should never have gotten rid of the Lavar Ball avatar, it fit him to a T.

Hahahaha I'm one of the worst I like it! Poor little @GAAP can't handle anyone that don't agree with him

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192

Yeah us Duke fans can be an entitled bunch sometimes. Because we surely have been spoiled.

I tell you what though, do you live in NC? It’s a whole other animal here. The rivalry with UNC is on another level because most the folks of this great state foolishly pull for the Heels. It creates even more pressure and stress and with that a man may say or do something crazy from time to time.

Anyway, it’s whatever. Ultimately people are gonna say and do what they want to say and do. I still maintain, like I said in a previous post, give me the poster who’s on here to be a fan, not the poster who’s on here to prove he’s the smartest guy in the room.

I’m all about trying to understand and respect the opinions of others on this board (not so much with the UNC fans on here, but I still try a little with them). This is a great board with a lot of great posters. Best place I’ve ever found for information and analysis on Duke basketball.

Kind words So Cal and much appreciated young man! OFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT