ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTHERN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
The game. Don't hit me with a bunch of Southern slang here. As for the game , i think we will pull this one out.

Reactions: dukehokie
Bagley has been cleared to play so I'm guessing he goes absolutely bonkers after having to miss out on MSU.

Reactions: skysdad
The Opening Tip

• Duke has won 134 consecutive non-conference home games – the nation’s longest active streak. The next longest streak in the NCAA is Baylor (44).
  • Senior guard Grayson Allen scored a career-high 37 points in Tuesday’s 88-81 win over No. 2 Michigan State in the Champions Classic. Duke is now 4-3 all-time in the Champions Classic and 4-2 against No. 2 when Duke is ranked No. 1.
  • Allen leads the NCAA with 17 made three-pointers and his 65.4 percentage is tops in the NCAA (min. 15 made 3FGs).
  • Freshman guard Trevon Duval leads the nation with 30 assists while his +7.50 assist-turnover ratio is also tops in the NCAA (min. 20 assists).
  • Duke has sold out 424 consecutive games at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The last time Duke did not have a sellout at home was on Nov. 16, 1990, against Boston College. The sellout figure is the longest current streak in either men’s college basketball or the NBA.
  • Southern enters the game 0-3 on its season opening five game road trip. Senior wing Jared Sam leads the Jaguars in scoring (16.7 ppg) and rebounding (8.3 rpg).
  • Duke and Southern have met only once before, in the first round of the 2006 NCAA Tournament. Duke advanced with a 70-54 victory as J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams scored 29 points apiece.
#GoDuke

Waiting for pecker head to show up for his thread. If we haven't heard in a hour or two I will call him. OFC

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Ohhhh Southern.....That ass is gonna get it today.....

124-58.

Last edited:
Reactions: Showenuff
Southern is 0-3 coming off a blowout loss to Missouri State I believe. So definitely not worried about them. Wanna see Tucker get some minutes tonight. I’m hoping he does!

My bad everyone - I’m out in Portland for work and this west coast time zone messes with me every time!

We face Southern today who I know very little about other than they’re 0-3 with losses to Illinois, Marshall and Missouri State.

Glad to hear Bagley is healthy and ready to go and I don’t expect this game to be even remotely close.

Tonight’s game is scheduled to tip at 7pm est and will air on the ACCN and ESPN 360 (online).

Duke 101

Southern 61

GO DUKE!!!!!

My bad everyone - I’m out in Portland for work and this west coast time zone messes with me every time!

We face Southern today who I know very little about other than they’re 0-3 with losses to Illinois, Marshall and Missouri State.

Glad to hear Bagley is healthy and ready to go and I don’t expect this game to be even remotely close.

Tonight’s game is scheduled to tip at 7pm est and will air on the ACCN and ESPN 360 (online).

Duke 101

Southern 61

GO DUKE!!!!!

You are getting worse than a senile old fart. OFC

Reactions: Showenuff
Just hope we get through without any injuries. Maybe Bags will wear some goggles to protect his eye(s).

Duke 100
Southern 58

OFC

We gonna put Harlem Globetrotter #s on em.

124-58

Gonna be a huge blow out. Chances are, we only see our regulars play maybe a half game. So the final may not be a 50 point margin. Either way, Duke a ton

There will be no letdown tonight, and besides, this team is so deep, the bench will not allow it. Plenty of playing time for everyone in this one! Duke wins big.
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT