ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Reddish and AOC seem to have really benefited from Zion being out. Should give them both confidence going forward. Now please let's get Zion back for Wake. UNC should not be his first game back.

Baker played the last few minutes. I know Miami is in a down year, but it was so nice to see us grab control of the game in the first half. We looked like a one seed today. And Jack hit 3 3's!!

Hope Coach is okay, that's always scary stuff.

I only caught clips of the game today, but so happy to get a decisive win at home. So happy to see Jack make some threes. Good win boys! Let's make Tuesday's game look this easy too, and then let's go into UNC with guns blazing and Zion on the floor looking to dominate!!

Here comes Duke!

Reactions: skysdad
Defense appears to be back. Also like that duke is getting ques more touches and chucking fewer 3s

Tre can take the opposing team's ball handler out of the game. The smartest strategy to combat Tre's defense is to take Tre's assignment off the ball and have that guy stay out of the way. Tre can't just abandon the guy, assuming he's not a horrible shooter, so that effectively takes Tre out of defense for large stretches. If a team has another ball handler/team runner, then that strategy to limit Tre's defense can succeed. If you don't have another ball handler, then the opposing team is in trouble.

No Yates or beer dude either

I never post in game. I come in when the game is over. Check the time stamp.
ITA Miami is a horrible team with 8 scholarship players. 3-4 of this Miami roster are of the Vrank, Robinson, Goldwire variety. ie solid role players who can handle very limited minutes in competitive situations. Not guys that would play heavy minutes on a team in serious competition to achieve anything as a team.

But it is a good silence. Sounds like a bunch of positive Duke fans. Of course with our playing so well it's to be expected but still there's a difference in the countenance of this board . I love it. It uplifts me.OFC

Or people have lives and aren't watching a mid Saturday afternoon game vs a not-very-good-JUNIOR-VARSITY squad near a computer. Since I'm not a complete moron, I set a DVR and start watching the game 1 hour in. I'm able to FF through the entire game in about 55 mins.
I legit thought essentially everyone did that. Do you all NOT do that? Wow. How valueless is your time?

Had to watch the game on tape delay but the team looked great!! Tre’s defense was epic as usual. So glad white found his stroke and AOC looked really confident.

Wow Patrick, my time apparently is much less important than yours. I sometimes set the dvr just to record the game and watch in its entirety later on but i probably am valueless.

Or people have lives and aren't watching a mid Saturday afternoon game vs a not-very-good-JUNIOR-VARSITY squad near a computer. Since I'm not a complete moron, I set a DVR and start watching the game 1 hour in. I'm able to FF through the entire game in about 55 mins.
I legit thought essentially everyone did that. Do you all NOT do that? Wow. How valueless is your time?
You just love making yourself look like a jackass don't you? GTFO with this bs

Especially in CBB (compared to NBA) the games feel so short. For Duke games I enjoy catching my breath during the commercial breaks and pondering strategy, stats, and yes reading knowledgeable posts in threads like these. I want to feel the roller coaster of the match just as the players (on the bench), coaches and fans in the arena do.

When I do it your way and fast forward thru commercials, timeouts, and video reviews; I don't seem to feel the same emotion of the match. And in hindsight certain momentum changing plays/situations don't seem to stick. I guess I would describe it as reacting to what is occurring versus living it.

I must be the ultimate loser cause I watched it live

I was watching the second half in a supermarket food court showing the game. When Jack hit a three I jumped in my chair, causing the table to jump up noisily and getting some curious looks.

I just finished watching the game and glad to see the team play well. AOC is really going to be a factor down the stretch. He doesn't force anything and made some great passes to Bolden

Reactions: christophero
Is Miami that bad? Because to my eye we pretty much got whatever we wanted today. Maybe the best we've looked since Kentucky, although against a much weaker opponent.

I seriously just don't get you man, you're pretty clearly a fairly smart guy, and someone who actually provides good commentary when you're not being overly negative. Yet you always come here with a snarky attitude and act like your take on whatever is only correct take. This is a damn good board and one that's filled with mostly level-headed and nice people, so why do you act this way? No one here expects anyone to always agree or always be positive, but you, you always have to have the last say in everything and treat people like garbage. It's a shame because you're clearly capable of better. Grow up man and stop being a straight up as whole to everyone in this board for no reason.

Dang Yates sure knows how to rub people wrong. Don't dive for balls and now you don't have a life if you watch Duke play live on a Saturday afternoon. He must have a ton of friends.

Watched the game at work so I didn’t catch every detail but overall I thought we looked fantastic... Loved the eruption in Cameron when Jack hit that first three. ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! — Ball movement and defense both looked great. Now hopefully we carry this kind of play with us and do just as well against the non-bottom feeders.

Really hate that K mentioned Zion hasn’t practiced with contact at all — He very well may stay out against WF and UNC both.

Watched the game at work so I didn’t catch every detail but overall I thought we looked fantastic... Loved the eruption in Cameron when Jack hit that first three. ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! — Ball movement and defense both looked great. Now hopefully we carry this kind of play with us and do just as well against the non-bottom feeders.

Really hate that K mentioned Zion hasn’t practiced with contact at all — He very well may stay out against WF and UNC both.

It’s a sprain; contact will come pretty much right away meaning if he practices Monday without contact and doesn’t have setback, he’ll have contact Tuesday.

Well maybe it don't apply to you, but some seem to find ways to either put their lives on hold, or hook up some form of internet capabilities, so they can complain during game threads when Duke it's not curb stomping some team. For me, I'm going to watch live, while having my DVR going, and then turn around and enjoy the game again at a later time.

Now I'm only speaking for myself, but I can promise you none of my time is valueless. As a hardcore Duke fan, when they are playing, my families schedule for the day is worked around what time they play. That may seen valueless to some, but to us, it's called a valuable priority in our household.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT