ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Wish I could have watched this one today. I just assumed it'd be on espn and I could catch the replay after I got back home tonight. At least it looks like we dominated.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I know Miami is in a down year, but it was so nice to see us grab control of the game in the first half. We looked like a one seed today. And Jack hit 3 3's!!

I agree!! This squad particularly w/o Zion needed a blowout like this today. I agree w/K in post game, per it would be hard to single anyone out today because SO MANY of our guys made contributions!

OFC

Where are all those "newbie trolls" labeled "recruits" when Duke loses? Clark Kellogg did a nice job today. However my only wish about our entire win was Bill Raftery being there for Jack's resurgence! "Raft" would have been beside himself!!! "

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurley22
I agree!! This squad particularly w/o Zion needed a blowout like this today. I agree w/K in post game, per it would be hard to single anyone out today because SO MANY of our guys made contributions!

OFC

I totally agree. I thought before the game this was needed for the confidence of some of our role players. We won by 30 but it should have been 40. As much as I enjoyed that blow out I though we let up in the second half especially on defense and that was even when our regulars were on the floor. Not trying to find anything wrong . I just like the intensity from the whistle to the final horn. I've never played the game on a team level so I don't know how hard it is to keep up that killer intensity the whole game. I just want to destror teams. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
We look good. The more we practice and play without Zion we will form an identity and look better. But good thing he will be back and we can be back to normal
Duke basketball is possible without Zion. Not as fun, but still possible. I think this is as an important win as Louisville and FSU. Will need the whole team to go far in the tournament.

Last edited:
I ran into Duhon last night, I took a picture with him and told him if they played unc in the tournament then to beat them. He said oh you know we will.

Did anybody catch Alex trick handles with about a min left? He ended up going across the lane and passing to Vrank for a layup. I didn't really catch it until I watched the game again. The bench went crazy.

No Yates or beer dude either

I’m a bartender. Money is on the weekends. Occasionally I’ll have a weekend day off, but usually not. Hence my absence. If it’s a BIG game I’ll typically request off, but Miami regular season doesn’t fall in that category. Winning or losing has nothing to do with my activity on this board dude.

I’m a bartender. Money is on the weekends. Occasionally I’ll have a weekend day off, but usually not. Hence my absence. If it’s a BIG game I’ll typically request off, but Miami regular season doesn’t fall in that category. Winning or losing has nothing to do with my activity on this board dude.

A bartender, and English instructor? How do you have time for anything?

I watched on DVR, but it’s bc I wanted to drink while I watched the game and my dogs give me dirty looks if I start drinking before 3pm. I’m also an arsehole and my time is valuable. :cool:

A bartender, and English instructor? How do you have time for anything?

I teach English @ UNC Chapel Hill. Fake class, so it demands no time of mine :cool:

Lord I hope you’re teasing because I don’t teach English and I’ve never claimed to do so lmao

Or people have lives and aren't watching a mid Saturday afternoon game vs a not-very-good-JUNIOR-VARSITY squad near a computer. Since I'm not a complete moron, I set a DVR and start watching the game 1 hour in. I'm able to FF through the entire game in about 55 mins.
I legit thought essentially everyone did that. Do you all NOT do that? Wow. How valueless is your time?

Nothing wrong with your choice on how to watch a non-significant game but you don’t get to decide the standard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT