ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Miami football

Care to explain?

Where I live (as in most places) high school football is king. When I was in school we went undefeated and won state in basketball lost 2 games the next year both in conf tourney and playoffs then my senior year we lost at the state championship. We went to regionals again a couple year after that.. the football team has 4 championships the last being in 1977. The fans support every sport don't get me wrong but we we've been 10x better at basketball than football and they still consider us a "football" school. They don't really get basketball a lot of them and consider it more of a 2nd class sport.. the reasoning in my mind and most of us basketball purists are that it takes too much intellect to u sweat and basketball but any dope can tell "hit somebody!!!!" On a Friday night

Yeah what happened on the punt? I watched a high school kid one time punt behind his head and it went into the other teams endzone so it prob can't top that LOL

Just a bad kick, nothing else. Alright, time to let the run game feast, less Jones, more running!

Stupid play on 3rd and long. Friggin stupid. 4th and 4 short pass and he threw it in a tight window and he dropped it.

WR's need to learn how to create separation to help Jones out.

The long ball needs to come on 2nd and short so we dont have 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 9. Stupid play calling. Now they get the sack. Our defense deserves way more than this.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Where I live (as in most places) high school football is king. When I was in school we went undefeated and won state in basketball lost 2 games the next year both in conf tourney and playoffs then my senior year we lost at the state championship. We went to regionals again a couple year after that.. the football team has 4 championships the last being in 1977. The fans support every sport don't get me wrong but we we've been 10x better at basketball than football and they still consider us a "football" school. They don't really get basketball a lot of them and consider it more of a 2nd class sport.. the reasoning in my mind and most of us basketball purists are that it takes too much intellect to u sweat and basketball but any dope can tell "hit somebody!!!!" On a Friday night
Gotcha.
I thought you were implying that basketball was a more cerebral sport than football.
Most fans of both sports don't have a clue about what's going on. The ones that yell the most, usually know the least.

Reactions: pisgah101
Well, Miami proved me wrong. They came in with a great game plan and executed. They have some nice players and good coaching. Props to them.

Duke was only bad in one way and one way only tonight - the pass game. We were just ABYSMAL in the pass game tonight.

Besides that, I feel like we were solid all things considered.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
This game

facepalm.gif

You know me DRB. Just like in B.B. I like the traditional Duke blue and white. OFC
It is amazing the different combinations of college football uniforms these days. I believe Penn State is the only team I have seen that doesn’t switch to these combination of uniforms.

Reactions: skysdad
I am disappointed. Was hoping Duke would play better on prime time Friday night, but it was just one of those nights I suppose. On to Virginia. I think Duke can handle them.

Miami was better tonight without a doubt. Next week we will see what character this team has. OFC

Miami with much better athletes. Poor pass protection and receivers that can neither stretch the field or get separation are going to be a problem the remainder of the season.

Give me 6 wins now and I will take it. Army and probably Pitt are our best chances to win. Right now we may be underdogs to Virginia and Wake.

Miami with much better athletes. Poor pass protection and receivers that can neither stretch the field or get separation are going to be a problem the remainder of the season.

Give me 6 wins now and I will take it. Army and probably Pitt are our best chances to win. Right now we may be underdogs to Virginia and Wake.

Dukeman you called it! We were really exposed offensively last nite. The sideline square out passes are too much already! Give me some VERTICALITY OC Zach Roper, go DOWNFIELD!

Sky was right- we will find out about our character next week. Daniel Jones needs to REBOUND. He hasnt been razor sharp since Northwestern, and was horrendous vs UVA last year. UVA will be favored slightly I would definitely think at home.Suddenly wins vs UVA AND WAKE (BOTH AWAY), seem much tougher without more diversified play calling, BETTER OL PROTECTION, and OFFENSIVE EXECUTION....OFC

Reactions: skysdad

May I may be right but hoping to win one of the ones you mentioned but I am greedy so want both for 8-4 but realistically only best will be 7-4

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm not doom and gloom today. We played tough, just didn't get points on the board. We were in it against a top 15 team until the later half of the 5th quarter.

I like us next weekend by at least 2 TDs. I revise my prediction to 11-1 on the season.

I'm not doom and gloom today. We played tough, just didn't get points on the board. We were in it against a top 15 team until the later half of the 5th quarter.

I like us next weekend by at least 2 TDs. I revise my prediction to 11-1 on the season.

You'd like us by two td's vs 'Bama. Lol.,,,

OFC

Why not 13-1??? Win Conference Title Game and Bowl game too?? OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT