ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Miami football

We have to be fundamentally sound.
We MUST wrap these guys up.
Dacron and JGH let a few slide out of a tackle last week, that will extend drives and lead to points this week.
Can't settle for FG's in the red zone this week either.
Go Duke!

Side note - I agree with Cut, Friday nights are for HS football. I (and many others) will miss our hs game to be in the Wade this Friday.

I have us by at least 2 touchdowns.

Sorry, but Duke is not beating the U this year...

I had a friend in high school that was a Miami fan. He used to go around talking about them and would say ITS ALL ABOUT THE Y-O-U. I wasn't sure if it was just him or if all Miami fans were "touched" so to speak. After this post I realize it's the latter.

Go Duke beat the canes!

Vegas doesn't give Miami enough respect to even think they will win by a full touchdown....never say never

It maybe a hard fought close game, but Miami is way to talented this year, and I believe by the end of the 3rd quarter the canes will pull away. That's just the opinion of a fan that follows the program very closely.

Miami is way too talented every year, which makes it even more possible to win because they're always overrated and could overlook a less talented team...

It maybe a hard fought close game, but Miami is way to talented this year, and I believe by the end of the 3rd quarter the canes will pull away. That's just the opinion of a fan that follows the program very closely.
I'm a Clemson fan. A lot people think we will meet for the ACC championship. I would wish you luck, but I can't do that against Duke!!

I'm a Clemson fan. A lot people think we will meet for the ACC championship. I would wish you luck, but I can't do that against Duke!!

Last time we played you guys it wasn't much of a game, but something good came out of it. The firing of Golden came right after that game and it was followed by the Duke game and the crazy game winning return. Miami is not a Clemson level yet, but we will get there.

I just hate this game is on a Friday night. Coach Cut gets the fact that Friday night should be for high school kids. Wish everyone did.

Reactions: miamicanes37
One thing about The U is they turn out more than their fair share of thug athlete's.

Thugs and all, But

Heisman Winners
Miami 2- Rank 11 in NCAA
Duke 0 38

First Round Picks NFL Draft
Miami 65-Rank 4 in NCCA
Duke 7 62

All Americans
Miami 35 Rank 15
Duke 5 64

Weeks Rank # 1 AP Poll
Miami 472 weeks Rank 8
Duke 0 44

National Championships
Miami 5 Rank 9
Duke 0 40

Don't really care about your Thug comment.

Of course you don't. Your argument is that the means justify the end, just like UNCheat. You guys are peas in a pod lol.

Other stats for Miami would be their ability to have a great academic reputation while at the same time admitting people who have no business in college because of their athletic abilities. That Miami carries a distinction of being a great academic institution while also under the barrel of the NCAA for recruiting violations, steroid scandals and payment to amateurs. Quite a contradiction...

Thugs and all, But

Heisman Winners
Miami 2- Rank 11 in NCAA
Duke 0 38

First Round Picks NFL Draft
Miami 65-Rank 4 in NCCA
Duke 7 62

All Americans
Miami 35 Rank 15
Duke 5 64

Weeks Rank # 1 AP Poll
Miami 472 weeks Rank 8
Duke 0 44

National Championships
Miami 5 Rank 9
Duke 0 40

Don't really care about your Thug comment.
Football is a fun sport, but true gentlemen just watch it these days. Our refined Duke sensibilities are more suited for games requiring intelligence and endurance. You may have football. We shall claim basketball, golf, lacrosse and golf. I'm just messing around.

Other stats for Miami would be their ability to have a great academic reputation while at the same time admitting people who have no business in college because of their athletic abilities. That Miami carries a distinction of being a great academic institution while also under the barrel of the NCAA for recruiting violations, steroid scandals and payment to amateurs. Quite a contradiction...

7 United States Representatives, 1 Senator,2 United States Ambassadors, 1 NASA Astronaut, 7 District Court Judges, 2 Florida Supreme Court Chiefs Justice, Former President of the MC Donald's Corp,CEO of Carnival Cruises, Vice President of American Airlines, CEO of Merrill Lynch.
Celebrities
Sylvester Stallone
Ray Liotta
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Gloria Estefan

Enrique Iglesias
Jeff Garlin
Roy Firestone
Marco Rubio

Dude.....if you're trying to claim politicians and judges as a compliment to the school and to claim integrity and clean play.......huge fail!!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Dude.....if you're trying to claim politicians and judges as a compliment to the school and to claim integrity and clean play.......huge fail!!

All I'm saying they're bad apples everywhere and The University of Miami paid a high price for committing those violations, pretty much stayed out of trouble for a long time now, the Miami kids come from a troubled environment and is relatively easy to hang with the wrong crow when you South Beach 5 miles from Campus. but as an University the price of admission to Miami is as expensive as to go to Duke. Duke is ranked nine and Miami forty six in prestige Universities. Lets not disrespect each others or our Schools.

Right? Also, Sylvester Stallone by most accounts is a huge dick... And a very overrated actor in my opinion...

All I'm saying they're bad apples everywhere and The University of Miami paid a high price for committing those violations, pretty much stayed out of trouble for a long time now, the Miami kids come from a troubled environment and is relatively easy to hang with the wrong crow when you South Beach 5 miles from Campus. but as an University the price of admission to Miami is as expensive as to go to Duke. Duke is ranked nine and Miami forty six in prestige Universities. Lets not disrespect each others or our Schools.
I get you...And I wasn't trying to be disrespectful....just pointing out politicians and judges not a great claim to fame!!...You know where I'm coming from!!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT