ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FURMAN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
FEAST WEEK! Maybe the second best time of the college basketball season is all of the preseason tournaments - at least it is for me. I love this week of college hoops and with the PK-80 Tournament kicking off this week it should be an exciting week.

Technically, we kick off the PK-80 tournament today against Furman at home. Although the brunt of the tourney will be played this weekend in Portland at the Mood Center (Dang it, I just got back from Portland today!) our opener is tonight in Cameron against a 2-1 Furman Paladins. I don't expect much of a game but Duke is only a 22 point favorite - I'm taking that especially after coming off of a game we were favored by 41 and won by 17. We'll bounce back...

Tonight's game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will once again air on ACC Network locally or stream on ESPN3.

Duke 94

Furman 63

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke 92
Furman 70

They shoot and make a bunch threes, but we’ll murder them with size and athletes. We won’t play much zone, I’d imagine. If we play great D all game, we could win by 40.

Duke wins.

I look for the bench to continue to get minutes this game .

I look for Duke to get off to a fast start unlike Friday’s game. Duke wins big!

Duke:95
Furman: 67

Let’s go Duke!!

I like Duke to respond after that lackluster effort on Friday. Something tells me that they will.

Duke 97
Furman- 62

Furman isn't too bad in the SOCON...

Duke-89
Firman-70

Fun fact. Furman has a bunch of shirts that say "F U" and one my friends that went to western Carolina in the early 90s said when they'd play there they would chant "F U Furman U"

Duke wins. Looking forward to seeing this to team keep developing chemistry.

94 -62 Duke. Trevon, 9 assists. Wendell, 6 blocks. Grayson 24 points . Gary's shot returns.

I don't see a repeat of the Friday performance. I was just as wrong as those of you that thought Friday would be a rout. Bottom line, this is Duke, Coach K won't accept a second letdown, and the team will be ready. Duke will win big tonight!
Go Duke!
OFC

Duke by 25 or so.

I'm excited for later this week when simply turning on the remote and a Duke game being right there to view is available. Those of us in other regions haven't had it very easy so far.

Yeah I wish Duke had it's own network like BYU does so we could see all of our games with our announcers. Could you imagine an announcing team of Show, dirt and myself. Show could be the color man, dirt play by play and I could ramble on about players like Banks, Heyman, Marin, Mullins, Lewis, Denton, Verga, DiVinzio, Armstrong, Spanarkel, Fleisher, Hodge, Taylor, Gminski, Bender, Vacendek, Dennard, and Golden. ;) OFC

Duke by 25 or so.

I'm excited for later this week when simply turning on the remote and a Duke game being right there to view is available. Those of us in other regions haven't had it very easy so far.
AMEN!!!

Duke 87
Furman 62

Yeah I wish Duke had it's own network like BYU does so we could see all of our games with our announcers. Could you imagine an announcing team of Show, dirt and myself. Show could be the color man, dirt play by play and I could ramble on about players like Banks, Heyman, Marin, Mullins, Lewis, Denton, Verga, DiVinzio, Armstrong, Spanarkel, Fleisher, Hodge, Taylor, Gminski, Bender, Vacendek, Dennard, and Golden. ;) OFC

Now that's a team of announcers, Sky! But you know, I'm not sure they could afford us!

OFC

After watching the sloppy play from Friday, I believe Duke will be back to normal and on fire tonight.

Duke 91
Furham 63

I'm betting that the old man has their attention after Friday night and they don't see the name on the jerseys in front of them.
96-65

Duke by a lot. Plus, several players won't get much burn and there will be silly, premature speculation about transfers.

Reactions: dukiejay
Another option for watching the game if it isn't on in your area. I have unlimited data on my phone, so I bought a lightening AV adapter that connects the phone to TV. So I can stream it on my phone from the watch ESPN app, on the big screen. I tried it just now with another game and it works great.....disregard if this has already been brought up

Reactions: BLUDVLZ91
Another option for watching the game if it isn't on in your area. I have unlimited data on my phone, so I bought a lightening AV adapter that connects the phone to TV. So I can stream it on my phone from the watch ESPN app, on the big screen. I tried it just now with another game and it works great.....disregard if this has already been brought up
I’m in NC and ESPN ACC network online is blacked out, so it’s only on the cable FoxSports channel. Luckily there is a FoxSportsGo app on my Roku, and I log in with my dad’s Spectrum account. Beauty.

I’m in NC and ESPN ACC network online is blacked out, so it’s only on the cable FoxSports channel. Luckily there is a FoxSportsGo app on my Roku, and I log in with my dad’s Spectrum account. Beauty.

Hope it's not blacked out here......

Apparently CIS was evacuated due to a fire alarm and the game is delayed to 6:15

Reactions: DukeDenver
Is it on for anyone else? I on watch ESPN and it says your event is about to begin. Please stand by.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Late start? I’m not getting anythink from ESPN and the ACC Network. Is anybody watching through Watch ESPN?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT