ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Lay ups and dunks, lay ups and dunks and now a 3. Ball not bouncing Duke's way at all. Time running out. Young guys making young guy mistakes but got to hand it to FSU they are creating it. OFC

We're just a really bad defensive team. The 2015 team bought in and put it together defensively after being so bad for most of January. Can this team do the same thing? I just don't know if they can.
You hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: skysdad
2015 team also had a PG that could drive and dish and take over scoring when needed and we don't have that this year. We needed Thornton this year bad

We're just a really bad defensive team. The 2015 team bought in and put it together defensively after being so bad for most of January. Can this team do the same thing? I just don't know if they can.

That team had Justise Winslow and he was a dog defensively...

This team has nobody like that...and also not coincidentally the only descent Duke team defensively in the last 6-7 years...

It's amazing how hard it is for us around the rim, how they contest everything and conceed nothing. And how we contest nothing

Jeter was hit on the wrist on that dunk. But he still is the absolute worst dunker of all time to ever be at duke. Never seen someone get blocked so much

Here's what I think we have: Luke and Grayson are awesome. We have solid role players like Matt and Chase, but they aren't great starters. Amile is out again. Harry isn't the same guy he was pre-knee. Tatum is great but one-dimensional. Frank hasn't adjusted to the college game yet. Bolden isn't ready. Javin and Jack might be OK but have zero experience. K is laid up. Let's regroup and hope this loss helps us grow up. These high rated recruits will get tired of being outplayed soon enough. They want to win. K knows how to win.

2015 team also had a PG that could drive and dish and take over scoring when needed and we don't have that this year. We needed Thornton this year bad

Need Thornton?!? Did you watch him? Allen is doing just fine at point.. the worse thing that coulda happened was Thornton at point with all hog Tatum too

It's just not our year. Just bad luck with injuries and coach being out. They just aren't very good right now. Only player that's been playing well has been Kennard. Where would they be without him.

Sure wish we had Amile in the game and Tatum on the bench, I know I may eat crow for saying it, but this team would be better without him sometimes.

Can't see the game up here in NY. I've kept an eye on the scoreboard though and I think I'm glad I didn't have to watch. Based on what I've read above, sounds like the same old story.

1.) Horrible defense in every aspect
2.) No toughness, effort or physicality rebounding the ball.
3.) Bad decision making on the offensive and defensive end.
4.) Guys playing for the name on the back of their jersey instead of the one on the front.
5.) ala the above no cohesiveness or flow to our offense or defense.

You can't all you want about how this team looks on paper. The game is not played or won on paper, it's won on the court. The chemistry thing is becoming an old argument, they better have an epiphany and quick.....they are running out of time

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
VA Tech was the wake up call....this was the second test to see if the team "got it"...they have failed to learn from that game.
Instead of these wunderkind it would be interesting to see if we could get great athletic role players...maybe we have them but dont give them their due because scoring takes precedent...could White be a rebounding and defensive dervish? Or Jav? The make up of the team isnt cohesive so why not....at least they might give 100% on the defensive end

Duke would do so much better if they didn't slow down at 9 minutes or so left every game. I have noticed that in nearly every game this season. If they're not way ahead by around 9 minutes left, they'll lose and if they're not far enough ahead, it will be a nail biter at the end because of them stopping.

What thing that's missing in all the complaining is one obvious caveat....Florida State is really good. Let's give them a little bit of credit too.

They are good really good but you can't overcome this D and tatums Austin rivers impression

We can't defend...we have had one team that could defend since the 2010 team...that's the bottom line...

Anybody half descent dribble drives through our overplays...we are a constant siv through the lane...and teams run layups lines.....

You're correct FSU deserves credit, they are good and always play beast mode at home against duke, but I want to see them do it against UNC, but then again this is one more lazy duke team.

It's just not our year. Just bad luck with injuries and coach being out. They just aren't very good right now. Only player that's been playing well has been Kennard. Where would they be without him.
We have lots of good players. They haven't reached their potential. Tatum is playing by himself for example.

What thing that's missing in all the complaining is one obvious caveat....Florida State is really good. Let's give them a little bit of credit too.
True, but we're unfortunately at our weakest moment right now not having our head coach or senior captain either. So I guess it's good we kept it kinda close til the end.

It's not going to happen overnight. We keep expecting the light switch to go on and begin seeing an all NBA team. There are areas we need to focus on for sure and most of them are on defense. If we get punched in the mouth enough hopefully we learn to fight back. We don't play nearly tough enough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT