ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Gotta find a way to win, period. Not a must win - but it's close. Home game, against a "pretty good" Clemson team, that would probably be the biggest win of the year - gotta find a way.

I hear all the talk on here about Duke not making the big dance this year - remember down the road, when this game helped us turn the corner.

We forget at times who we have guiding this ship. Doubters gonna doubt - but that's when the great ones shine and coaching can get you over the top. If we can finish the conference season at least .500, and win a game in the ACC tourney, we'll get in.

Today's game is slated to tip at 12pm est and will air on ESPN 2. As of almost 2am on gameday, Duke is favored by five points - which I love.

Duke 74

Clemson 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We make it 2 in a row!! All our games now are must wins if we want to make the tournament. If we can get a good start and play sound defense, we should win! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
If we can get a good start and play sound defense, we should win! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

Agreed! Good starts an ESSENTIAL for this Duke team!! Be nice to get two games over .500. Really almost need to win out, but cant look past any one game. Its Clemson day, and lets get 'em . Hope to see continued development from Mark Williams!

Duke-78

Clemson-71

OFC

Ride the momentum of how the last game ended with some big stops and timely baskets.
Mark Williams gets more confidence today as well

Duke - 75
Clemson - 70

Reactions: jeffrey236
Difficult one, which is all of them from here on in I think, if we can get that third scorer again we should be fine. Need more composed PG play and some defense on Clemsons PG's. I think confidence carries the day and we win by 6-8pts

Game preview:

Kind of a must win for our tournament chances after the 3 game skid. I think/hope we get it done in a grinder. Duke 72-Clemson 71.

we look so much better with a post player in the line up. Still no penetration from the guards but more fluidity to the offense

Reactions: jeffrey236
Mark Williams may save our season. Getting JJ back as well obviously. 9 point lead. Great start.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
Ok I really don’t care for the draft guy who won’t stop talking. I just wanna watch the game

Reactions: christophero
Now the question is can we play with a lead. Which is better than being down double digits.

Mark looks sooooo good today. Bakers looked good too, he needs more burn to get his confidence up. Hope he plays more

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imma a lil behind, but that was two not so good foul calls against Hurt..🤷‍♂️

I think it is safe to say Williams is our 5. Love it! Roach looks good too and Joey hit a 3.

It’s amazing how much better this team looks when it runs an offense. We need to play in this manner consistently. You could see a few plays where they revert to some dumb solo ball ie that Matthew hurt 3 but for the most part they’re playing as a team. It’s the only way they can have a good season imo

Williams looking more and more confident with each game - he is going to be a beast one day once he completely figures it out

I hate to be that guy but Williams is going to show up on some draft boards if he plays like this. I love what he's showing.

Reactions: JohnstonCDevil
Very good first half for the whole team. Williams is big key in what we can do for the rest of the year! If we can get a strong 2nd half start, this game is ours!!!
OFC

If Williams and Roach can play like this we become a very solid team. 22 point lead!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT