ADVERTISEMENT

Duke OF Back in the Saddle

jcdevilfan

All Conference
Jan 29, 2017
Hey folks, just wanted to drop a note and say that it is great to be back on the Forum with you again. Had a few health issues that began towards the end of last season and seemed to snowball as time went on. Still hurting about the NCAA tourney finish last year, and I missed all the recruiting that followed.
If that wasn't bad enough, I was involved in a bike accident in which I broke my right hip and right wrist. I had to have a Titanium rod put in my leg with two (2) big screws at the top inserted into my hip socket, and a plate and screws in my wrist. Yes, I am right handed, so that was not good.
I have been following the forum some, but I could only post now and then because I could not set in the chair very long. It was great to read some of your posts, and it really helped me keep up on Duke news and with my therapy. The therapy has been brutal, and I have made it back to the point that I can now do most of the things that I used to be able to do, with quite a few modifications. I wouldn't wish a broken hip on anyone, so please take care, especially the OF's and your families. It only takes a second to change your life for the worse.
In my reading of the posts, I have seen where some of you have had death, injuries, and illness in your families, and I will tell you now that I am so sorry for your losses or troubles. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and all we can do is keep on keeping on and hope for the best. We still have a common thread in the Blue Devils to root for and support, and we have each other to argue with over different subjects!
Enough babbling here, I hope that I can post more and I wish you all the very best - God Bless
Oh yeah, remember that no matter how bad things seem to be, "IT'S GONNA BE OK"!
Go Duke!
OFC

Hey folks, just wanted to drop a note and say that it is great to be back on the Forum with you again. Had a few health issues that began towards the end of last season and seemed to snowball as time went on. Still hurting about the NCAA tourney finish last year, and I missed all the recruiting that followed.
If that wasn't bad enough, I was involved in a bike accident in which I broke my right hip and right wrist. I had to have a Titanium rod put in my leg with two (2) big screws at the top inserted into my hip socket, and a plate and screws in my wrist. Yes, I am right handed, so that was not good.
I have been following the forum some, but I could only post now and then because I could not set in the chair very long. It was great to read some of your posts, and it really helped me keep up on Duke news and with my therapy. The therapy has been brutal, and I have made it back to the point that I can now do most of the things that I used to be able to do, with quite a few modifications. I wouldn't wish a broken hip on anyone, so please take care, especially the OF's and your families. It only takes a second to change your life for the worse.
In my reading of the posts, I have seen where some of you have had death, injuries, and illness in your families, and I will tell you now that I am so sorry for your losses or troubles. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and all we can do is keep on keeping on and hope for the best. We still have a common thread in the Blue Devils to root for and support, and we have each other to argue with over different subjects!
Enough babbling here, I hope that I can post more and I wish you all the very best - God Bless
Oh yeah, remember that no matter how bad things seem to be, "IT'S GONNA BE OK"!
Go Duke!
OFC

Oh my goodness, JC, you've had a very rough stretch indeed. I'm so glad to hear you're getting better though. Those type of injuries are bad enough for a young person, but as you and I know...it's really much more difficult as we get older.
Glad you're able to post a little more, as we can use optimistic posters like yourself. Take care my friend, and may you make as complete a recovery as humanly possible. God bless.

OFC

Oh my goodness, JC, you've had a very rough stretch indeed. I'm so glad to hear you're getting better though. Those type of injuries are bad enough for a young person, but as you and I know...it's really much more difficult as we get older.
Glad you're able to post a little more, as we can use optimistic posters like yourself. Take care my friend, and may you make as complete a recovery as humanly possible. God bless.

OFC

Thanks my friend, and thanks to all of you that responded. It's been a long road back, but when I think of the other possibilities, the therapy was worth the pain! Hoping for the best to all those that have had or are having issues in their lives. Always keep your chin up and never, ever give up.
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT