ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Tyus Jones scored a career-high 27 points and added nine assists in a 121-109 win over New Orleans. Brandon Ingram scored 18 in the loss.

Tyus Jones scored a career-high 27 points and added nine assists in a 121-109 win over New Orleans. Brandon Ingram scored 18 in the loss.

That is awesome. I remember how much he was doubted when he declared early. Danged it's great to see so many of our Dukies doing well in the NBA especially those that were doubts about. OFC

Wendell Carter, Jr. scored 10 points and added 10 rebounds in a 130-109 loss to Atlanta.

Reactions: skysdad
Gary Trent Jr. is a real one.

And let me just note something I never would have predicted at the time. There were four Dukies selected in 2018..
Marvin Bagley #2
Wendell Carter #7
Grayson Allen #21
Gary Trent Jr. #37

Only Marvin Bagley has had a hard time finding a starting role this season. Wouldn't have predicted that in a million years.

Last edited:
Gary Trent Jr. is a real one.

And let me just note something I never would have predicted at the time. There were four Dukies selected in 2018..
Marvin Bagley #2
Wendell Carter #7
Grayson Allen #21
Gary Trent Jr. #37

Only Marvin Bagley has had a hard time finding a starting role this season. Wouldn't have predicted that in a million years.
Yeah, but being at a trash organization like Sacramento didn’t help. We’ll see what he does in Detroit.

I have to say Zion has been pretty much an embarrassment since leaving Duke. The level of unprofessionalism from him has been shocking.

Overweight the second he left Duke. At the draft lotto and draft night, clearly was overweight. Was massive during the SL. Been struggling with his weight since.

Was so out of shape that during the NBA bubble his rookie year, they had to put him on a minutes restriction. Not because of health reasons, but because he was just that out of shape.

He ballooned back up this past summer. Got injured again and cant get in shape and healthy. Then says it best for him to be away from the Pelicans to rehab. The Pelicans trade for a borderline all star in CJ and 2 weeks later he still hasnt reached out to CJ to welcome him to the team.

The level of unprofessionalism from him has been pretty shocking since leaving Duke.

Reactions: christophero
I don't know. For JJ to say something publicly it must be pretty bad. I'm kind of sick of hearing about the guy to be honest, but I wish him well

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I don't know. For JJ to say something publicly it must be pretty bad. I'm kind of sick of hearing about the guy to be honest, but I wish him well
Agree. Not only JJ just saying it but you know it's gotta be kinda bad for him to talk about a fellow blue devil.

Last week Barkley was on the Outkick-Dan Dakich morning show and he said the kid needs to get it together. There's a couple hundred million on the line for him to get his act together. Barkley said if that money was available to him when he was playing, his body would be like a body builder 😂

We’re only hearing one side of the story dealing with Zion because he hasn’t said a word since the injury.
Zion has been a beast - a top 25 NBA player - for that team when healthy. He was a beast at Duke. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Joel Embid played about the same number of games his first couple of years as Zion and look at him now. People assuming Zion is the next Greg Oden seem to have forgotten about Embid.

We’re only hearing one side of the story dealing with Zion because he hasn’t said a word since the injury.
JJ has the Duke connection, was his teammate for a year and a half, they share the same agency. JJ saying a dumb hot take would really hurt his stance with what he's trying to do with his podcast and the insights he gets with the current top players in the league.

So JJ calling him a detached teammate, that this issues with Zion has been a pattern in his career so far. JJ had to call him out in front of the team about this kind of stuff. That holds a ton of water behind it.

There are also multiple reports now that the Pels organization has no clue what to do or say about Zion because they're no longer in contact with Zion.

You don't have to connect some crazy dots here to see how unprofessional Zion has been since leaving Duke.

Jayson Tatum led the Celtics with 30 points (4-of-9) from 3 and added seven rebounds in a 129-106 win over Brooklyn. Seth Curry scored 22 and added seven rebounds in the loss.

Last edited:
Wendell Carter, Jr. had 24 points and 12 rebounds in a 119-111 win over Houston.

Last edited:
RJ Barrett scored a career-high 46 points in a 115-100 loss to Miami. Barrett was 6-of-11 from 3 and added nine rebounds in the loss.

Last edited:
Jayson Tatum scored 26 and added 11 rebounds and six assists in a 113-104 win over Detroit. Tatum was 4-of-9 from 3 in the win. Marvin Bagley III scored 14 points in the loss.

Tre Jones scored 19 points and added 11 assists and six rebounds in a 133-129 loss to Miami.

RJ Barrett scored 24 points and added six assists and five rebounds in a 125-109 loss to Philadelphia.

Wendell Carter, Jr. led Orlando with 21 points and 12 rebounds in a 119-103 win over Indiana.

Reactions: timo0402
Gary Trent, Jr. scored 12 points and added five assists in a 133-97 win over Brooklyn. Seth Curry scored 11 in the loss.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT