ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Gary Trent, Jr. led Toronto with 31 points (9-of-15) from 3 and added six rebounds in a 106-100 win over Atlanta.

Q I have always wanted to ask if Quavarius is your first name. Also do you have a favorite NBA team or do you like myself pull for our Dukies. Of course when teams play against each other that has Duke players make it tough. I haven't really had a favorite team I follow in years . I've been both a Celtic and a Sixer fan in the past back when I was young. Problem was I liked players on both teams. For the Sixers it was Dr J, Moses Malone and yes I'm just about ashamed to say it Bobby Jones. For the Celtics it was Robert Parrish (his glare was intimdating), Kevin McHale , Dennis Johnson and Larry Bird. Didn't like the Lakers though. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
He was clearly asking him if he was going to the Duke/UNC game this weekend. #TheBrotherhood

Reactions: skysdad
Q I have always wanted to ask if Quavarius is your first name. Also do you have a favorite NBA team or do you like myself pull for our Dukies. Of course when teams play against each other that has Duke players make it tough. I haven't really had a favorite team I follow in years . I've been both a Celtic and a Sixer fan in the past back when I was young. Problem was I liked players on both teams. For the Sixers it was Dr J, Moses Malone and yes I'm just about ashamed to say it Bobby Jones. For the Celtics it was Robert Parrish (his glare was intimdating), Kevin McHale , Dennis Johnson and Larry Bird. Didn't like the Lakers though. OFC
Ironically, I’m a Lakers fan, been one every since 1997. At that time, I was a HUGE GA Tech fan (thought I was going to Tech) and switched to Duke during the 98-99 season, which is why my only frame of reference to Duke starts in 99. So I became a Lakers/Duke fan nearly around the same time. When the Lakers signed Kobe and I was in middle school, I became interested in them cause that seemed so cool since he was only like 4-5 years older than me. So my first year becoming a Duke fan, they make the title game and win it 2 years later and the Lakers won it all 3 years after I became a fan and 3 straight from 2000-2002. So yes, 2001 was a special year for me with both Lakers and Duke winning it all.
Ironically, people claim there are only Duke/Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys or whoever else is a good team but I hate both the Yankees and Cowboys. But I certainly root for all former Duke players in the NBA, but I keep my Laker bias to myself. It’s been rough this season and with this being K’s last season and the Lakers not looking like contenders, my basketball watching has been an emotional rollercoaster but I am excited to see what the future will bring in terms of Duke and the Lakers going forward.

Wendell Carter, Jr. led Orlando with 24 points, eight rebounds and six assists in a 126-115 loss to Chicago.

Frank Jackson led Detroit with 25 points (5-of-11) from 3 in a 128-117 loss to Minnesota.

Tyus Jones scored 10 points and added five assists in a 135-115 win over Orlando. Wendell Carter, Jr. had 12 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.

Last edited:
RJ Barrett led the NY Knicks with 36 points and eight rebounds in a 122-115 loss to the LA Lakers.

From Tuesday, Feb. 1:

Brandon Ingram scored 26 points in a 111-101 win over Detroit. Frank Jackson scored 14 points in the loss.
Quavarius, thanks for the updates. I used to love examining boxscores in the paper. It's no fun on the internet. I'll learn to post videos someday. Ingram was tossed for taunting Frank Jackson. I believe Ingram blocked his dunk. The official didn't realize that they're friends. Jackson was amused, but it was Ingram's second technical so he was ejected

Kyrie Irving had 27 points, 11 assists and five rebounds in a 124-104 loss to Denver.

Jayson Tatum had 15 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in a 116-83 win over Orlando. Wendell Carter, Jr. scored 14 and added eight rebounds in the loss.

RJ Barrett scored 23 points and added seven rebounds and six assists in a 113-104 loss to Utah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT