ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Let's keep it down here for now and stick it later in the season. If we pin it now I don't think a lot of people will ever see it. I know that I, for one, am more apt to skip over the pinned threads.

Let's keep it down here for now and stick it later in the season. If we pin it now I don't think a lot of people will ever see it. I know that I, for one, am more apt to skip over the pinned threads.

Ok cool

We have our NBA fantasy draft next week and Jabari is one of the guys I have my eyes on. It's a salary cap league and Jabari's pre-determined "price" is very friendly.

Reactions: denniden
We have our NBA fantasy draft next week and Jabari is one of the guys I have my eyes on. It's a salary cap league and Jabari's pre-determined "price" is very friendly.
If you can get him on the cheap, that would be ideal. As a loyal NBA pass subscriber, I was able to see a great deal of his games and once he started to get his legs under him after missing a lot of time, he was really good. Stuffed the stat sheet very well. He should also be on an improved young team playing for the playoffs. I really wish we had a few more years of Parker. IMO he would have been one of the best to ever wear Duke blue if that happened. Plus he is such a good dude.

Reactions: deacdevil
If you can get him on the cheap, that would be ideal. As a loyal NBA pass subscriber, I was able to see a great deal of his games and once he started to get his legs under him after missing a lot of time, he was really good. Stuffed the stat sheet very well. He should also be on an improved young team playing for the playoffs. I really wish we had a few more years of Parker. IMO he would have been one of the best to ever wear Duke blue if that happened. Plus he is such a good dude.

Yeah, the last three months of the NBA season he averaged 19 per game. He has a chance to be special. As much as I hate to say it, I think Harrison Barnes is another guy who stands a chance to see his numbers drastically rise....and he's priced in the cheap too for our league. I'll use that one as a last resort. :D

Reactions: skysdad
Did anyone see Marcus Paige was waived by Utah?

Maybe he can catch on with Charlotte. They will love him there. By the way I mentioned this on another thread but who is Tyler Hansbrough playing with this year and question # 2 how many Dukies are on NBA rosters right now. I'm think 20 plus but don't know exactly. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Yeah, the last three months of the NBA season he averaged 19 per game. He has a chance to be special. As much as I hate to say it, I think Harrison Barnes is another guy who stands a chance to see his numbers drastically rise....and he's priced in the cheap too for our league. I'll use that one as a last resort. :D

I agree DJ. With the right team he may become a very good player. He never had the chance at G.S. OFC

I think he was good at GS but just the fourth and sometimes fifth option. On a lesser team he can be a top three kind of guy. And to be honest, he already has a ring and was never going to be too three at GS. Might as well get the money and some numbers.

Btw, I think Hansbrough is out of the league...right now. He'll likely get another chance or two.

NBA season starts tomorrow (10/25) and 20 former Dukies will be on Opening Day rosters:

Seth Curry- Dallas
Luol Deng- LA Lakers
Mike Dunleavy- Cleveland
Gerald Henderson- Philadelphia
Rodney Hood- Utah
Brandon Ingram- LA Lakers
Kyrie Irving- Cleveland
Tyus Jones- Minnesota
Ryan Kelly- Boston
Josh McRoberts- Miami
Jahil Okafor- Philadelphia
Jabari Parker- Milwaukee
Marshall Plumlee- NY Knicks
Mason Plumlee- Portland
Miles Plumlee- Milwaukee
J.J. Redick- LA Clippers
Austin Rivers- LA Clippers
Kyle Singler- Oklahoma City
Lance Thomas- NY Knicks
Justise Winslow- Miami

NBA season starts tomorrow (10/25) and 20 former Dukies will be on Opening Day rosters:

Seth Curry- Dallas
Luol Deng- LA Lakers
Mike Dunleavy- Cleveland
Rodney Hood- Utah
Kyrie Irving- Cleveland
Tyus Jones- Minnesota
Ryan Kelly- Boston
Josh McRoberts- Miami
Jabari Parker- Milwaukee
Mason Plumlee- Portland
Miles Plumlee- Milwaukee
J.J. Redick- LA Clippers
Lance Thomas- NY Knicks
Justise Winslow- Miami

That's awesome. Was wishing Quinn could have latched on but still hoping he will get another shot. Thanks for the post. OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
That's awesome. Was wishing Quinn could have latched on but still hoping he will get another shot. Thanks for the post. OFC

No problem. I agree, I hope Quinn gets another shot as well. I think he will.

There are going to be some interesting teams this season. I think the Bucks, Jazz and Wolves have great young rosters and are very close to putting it together to make a playoff run.

The Pelicans are also right there and have been to the playoffs recently with basically the roster that exists.

My Knicks could be good but probably won't be and I do think the Celts will push the Cavs a bit. It's still a Warriors/Cavs league.

I'd love for the Kings to either be good with that roster they have or just go ahead and blow it up.

I also want to see Russell Westbrook average 50 a night haha.

I agree with you dukehokie about Westbrook. I hope he rips it up this year.

Seth Curry- Dallas
Luol Deng- LA Lakers
Mike Dunleavy- Cleveland
Rodney Hood- Utah
Kyrie Irving- Cleveland
Tyus Jones- Minnesota
Ryan Kelly- Boston
Josh McRoberts- Miami
Jabari Parker- Milwaukee
Mason Plumlee- Portland
Miles Plumlee- Milwaukee
J.J. Redick- LA Clippers
Lance Thomas- NY Knicks
Justise Winslow- Miami
Ryan Kelly signed with Boston but will start the year playing in the D-League. HE could get to to big squad if there are any injuries, trades, ect... I like what Brad Stevens said when he was asked why they signed Kelly, and paraphrasing him, he said "because he killed us last year."

Ryan Kelly signed with Boston but will start the year playing in the D-League. HE could get to to big squad if there are any injuries, trades, ect... I like what Brad Stevens said when he was asked why they signed Kelly, and paraphrasing him, he said "because he killed us last year."

Yeah I saw that! That's great to hear and I think Kelly will find some minutes under Stevens direction.

6 of our guys will be in action on Opening Night tonight:

NY Knicks (Marshall Plumlee, Lance Thomas) vs. Cleveland (Kyrie Irving, Mike Dunleavy)

Utah (Rodney Hood) vs. Portland (Mason Plumlee)

Also, the Utah coach is a former Dukie in Quin Snyder

Last edited:
Wait. Wait. Wait. Hold up! Marshall Plumlee is going to be on the opening day rosters and not Marcus Paige? That just doesn't make sense. Little Richard led me astray on this one.

5 of our guys will be in action on Opening Night tonight:

NY Knicks (Marshall Plumlee) vs. Cleveland (Kyrie Irving, Mike Dunleavy)

Utah (Rodney Hood) vs. Portland (Mason Plumlee)

Also, the Utah coach is a former Dukie in Quin Snyder
And Lance Thomas for the Knicks, unless he is hurt or something.

I was expecting to see Elton Brand's name on the list. I hadn't heard he decided to retire. Can't blame him - he had an excellent career. 20th all time for total blocks. Not bad for a guy who's 6'8".

Yeah I saw that! That's great to hear and I think Kelly will find some minutes under Stevens direction.
I think a lot depends on Kelly Olynyk. Who is a better player than Kelly but is hurt right now and might not be back until mid November. Kelly has a lot of what Danny Ainge and Coach Stevens like....versatility.(BTW how lucky am I to have K and Stevens as the two coaches of my favorite teams?)

I think Danny Ainge is looking for a big trade. Possibly bringing in Cousins or a player of that stature. In the meantime he signed a guy like Kelly to fill out the roster if that happens. Likely would be that Boston would have to trade some of their young player to get a player like that in return. Along with draft picks as well.

What an amazing accomplishment for Marshall Plumlee to make an NBA roster. That kid worked so hard, darn proud of him.

Guess the Plumlee parents need NBA League Pass tv package! 3 kids in the NBA with Duke degrees, not a bad job Perky!

I decided to turn on the Knicks game for the hell of it. I smile as I see Dunleavy, Thomas, and Irving on the floor at the same time. No cheaters though.

Also, Thomas can now shoot 3s.

Hood is going to put up huge numbers while Hayward is out the first 3-4 weeks of the season. He'll be good once he returns too, but I think his scoring will go down some.

I decided to turn on the Knicks game for the hell of it. I smile as I see Dunleavy, Thomas, and Irving on the floor at the same time. No cheaters though.

Also, Thomas can now shoot 3s.

i was playing someone on 2k17 the other and he had thomas draining 3's, i was like wtf?!?!!!??!....lol

Reactions: dbav
Philadelphia (Henderson, Okafor) vs. Oklahoma City (Singler).

Henderson started the game with 5 straight points

Okafor came off the bench with six quick points

Kyle Singler just nailed a 3

OKC leads 21-20 near the end of the 1st quarter.

The game is on ESPN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT