ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Tyus Jones scored 13 points in a 118-105 win over San Antonio.
Get that man out of Memphis. Ja is unreal, Tyus's minutes are capped playing behind that guy. There have to be a handful of teams out there for whom Tyus would be an upgrade at starting PG, aren't there? Or am I nuts? I watch some NBA, but I'm not super knowledgeable about all 30 teams.

Gary Trent, Jr. led Toronto with 24 points and seven assists in a 109-108 win over Brooklyn. Seth Curry had 18 points and six assists in the loss.

Wendell Carter, Jr. scored 13 points and added 18 rebounds in a 122-114 loss to Indiana.

Reactions: skysdad
RJ Barrett led New York with 30 points and seven assists and six rebounds in a 123-108 loss to Philadelphia.

RJ Barrett scored 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists in a 115-114 loss to Phoenix.

Jayson Tatum led Boston with 54 points (8-of-15) from 3 and five rebounds in a 126-120 win over Brooklyn. Kyrie Irving had 19 points and six assists in the loss.

Last edited:
Brandon Ingram scored 38 points and added nine assists and five rebounds in a 138-130 loss to Denver.

Last edited:
RJ Barrett scored 24 points and added nine rebounds in a 116-93 win over the LA Clippers. Cam Reddish added 17 points in the win. Luke Kennard scored 10 points in the loss.

Luke Kennard scored 11 points and Rodney Hood added 10 in a 112-97 loss to Golden State.

Luke Kennard scored 11 points and Rodney Hood added 10 in a 112-97 loss to Golden State.
I keep forgetting that both Rodney Hood and Semi Ojeleye are both on the Clippers, in addition to Luke. Hood looked like he was going to be an NBA starter for a while there, but hasn't seemed to find his place the last couple of years. He's smooth. I hope he gets things figured out and has a long NBA career. A 6'8" small forward who has athleticism and can shoot? There has to be a place for him to get big minutes in the NBA somewhere.

Kyrie Irving scored 50 points and added six assists in a 132-121 win over Charlotte. Irving was 15-of-19 from the field and 9-of-12 from 3 in the win.

I saw that Kyrie's 19 FGA was tied for the second fewest ever for a 50-point game. Any idea what #1 is? I've gotta think it's someone like Wilt shooting 30+ free throws rather than someone like Steph doing it mostly via threes, no?

Edit: Never mind. Google is my friend. Adrian Dantley did it on 17 FGA attempts, going 26/28 from the FT line. By comparison, Kyrie went 11/13 for FTs.

Jayson Tatum led Boston with 44 points (6-of-9) from 3 and added five rebounds in a 115-101 win over Charlotte.

Last edited:
Marvin Bagley III scored 10 points and added six rebounds in a 114-108 loss to Chicago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT