ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

so stats on new rb transfer
played in all 13 games last year
152 rushes for 715 yds and 6 tds for a 4.7 average
12 receptions for 119 yds and 2 tds
just seems like a really good back up piece.
this now brings us to 15 incoming transfers. still would like an OT, IOL and one or two dbs.

also fyi we got a crystal ball in for a DL who will be declaring friday. 6'4'' 250lb Tommy Rupley. seems to be a mid to high 3 star on all the boards so finger crossed

Last edited:
FYI our qb mahan was at an elite11 camp last week and evidently showed some really good stuff. he got a lot of praise and was a surprise to the scouts. played much better than most of the 4star kids that were there. in their final ''rankings'' he got the#6 spot. i think his rating might get bumped everywhere but here. i think we can start to understand now when he committed that the coaches said that they will not recruit another qb.

Last edited:
Just a reminder to everyone to check in a little after 5pm today. Think we got some good news coming on the recruiting trail. There has been another crystal ball for us on Tommy Rupley the DL commiting today at 5. Normally when you start seeing multiple picks for us that is a really good sign

Last edited:
Exciting day for Duke football on the recruiting trail!! Meanwhile, '25 four star DL Adam Shovlin, despite teasing the interest from us, appears a Stanford lock. Last I heard, he does have a Duke visit still scheduled however. Any updates???

OFC

Reactions: surfdevil
Manny being a defensive guy is really showing in our early recruiting. 3ea dline, 3ea db's, 2ea lb's, 1 ea qb and 1ea oline commits so far.
Conor do you have any idea how big a class we are shooting for?
Would wager it'll be on the larger side but that's gauging things without talking to people who would definitively tell me.

Need to establish sources in the recruiting office.
Thank you both for all you do. Less than 100 days until the opener. I am psyched!! OFC

Fantastic weekend for Duke athletics. The baseball team beats fla state in the championship game to win the ACC and the softball team (which also beat fla state in the ACC championship game) beat Mizzou on their home field in front of record crowds to advance to the softball world series for the first time ever. Just great things happening at the moment.

Fantastic weekend for Duke athletics. The baseball team beats fla state in the championship game to win the ACC and the softball team (which also beat fla state in the ACC championship game) beat Mizzou on their home field in front of record crowds to advance to the softball world series for the first time ever. Just great things happening at the moment.
Great time to be a DUKE FANATIC!!!!

OFC

I love Duke basketball but lately I have found myself really invested in other sports. Football, of course, but also the ball teams and lacrosse. I am proud that Duke tries to excel in all sports and I am hoping that Diaz can continue that success on the football field.

Linebacker from Texas just committed.

I don't know why we don't have a ranking on him yet; that's not my call.

There were two RBs visiting this weekend and one of them must have committed; just waiting on the announcement.

really solid pick up. looks a lot like jaquez moore on tape.
offers from P5 schools duke, ga tech, indiana, northwestern, usf, wake and wisky. every big mid major has offered as well.
the last thing to consider is that Manny got these last 2 kids to commit before they took their scheduled trips to wisconsin. that is kind of a big thing for duke in my mind.

Last edited:
Conor isnt marquise out for the year again? we know he had knee surgery again during spring practice
I don't remember hearing that but that wouldn't surprise me. I get him and Travis Bates mixed up.

Just was going by RBs on the roster for that part of the story.

Reactions: surfdevil
Well we might have at least one verbal already. Dan Mahan our QB commit was one of the ones visiting this weekend and he has tweeted out there is good news coming.

edit... seems a lot of noise coming out after coach/recruit meetings today. going to be a busy week for announcements. manny doing work

Last edited:
so here is the visitor list from this weekend
bryce davis dl
gerritt kemp wr
nassir newkirk wr
carmelo brooks dl
maliki wright s
cole woodson s
daniel byrd iol
jordan crim cb
bradley gumpers lb
rj boyd rb
reiman zebert te

okay so at least 3 have committed. maliki is already on the 247 board as a commit but i dont see any kind of confirmation yet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT