ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look now, but....

These guys have always played hard, it was just a matter of acquiring the experience to play defense a little better. We've lost 3 games, but we're getting better. I still like our chances as good as anyone's at cutting down the nets.

OFC
We had a lead late in 2 in those games. Could very well have just one loss

I believe we've held each of our last six opponents to under 1 point per possession. From the NCS game we've been a top 15 defense.

I think one of the biggest factors is we've really cut down on transition opportunities, with the guards (especially Grayson) being really good about getting back. I don't think our halfcourt D has improved all that much, but opponents are having to go against it much more often than before. Most impressive is that our bigs are still able to crash the boards, so we're getting both good transition D while maintaining a very high offensive rebounding rate.

This team is pretty close to being special. If at least one of Grayson or Duval can really pick it up, and we get more from our bench, we're going to be tough to beat.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I believe we've held each of our last six opponents to under 1 point per possession. From the NCS game we've been a top 15 defense.

Yep, someone who is premium member at kenpom and posted on another board said over the last three weeks we're ranked as the #14 defense. It's a small sample size, but I think it shows two things....1) that we're improving, and 2) that we're capable.

There's still a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done, but it's hard not to be somewhat encouraged.

Yep, someone who is premium member at kenpom and posted on another board said over the last three weeks we're ranked as the #14 defense. It's a small sample size, but I think it shows two things....1) that we're improving, and 2) that we're capable.

There's still a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done, but it's hard not to be somewhat encouraged.
Apparently some people on message boards don't know what it means to feel "encouraged." Negativity is a hell of a drug. We still kind of stink at defending the pick and roll, but we recovered pretty nicely against ND.

Up to #48 now. Didn't even have to play to crack the top 50.

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT